What have you done to your rig today?

HoneyBadger

Rising Sun Member
You're definitely in with a good crew there Travis, that truck is going to be super set up once you're finally done with it. If there is such a thing.. are you going 4.88? or 5.29?

Yeah I know. I've been working towards this for some time now. I can't wait to get 315's on.

I'm putting 4:88's on.

jps8460

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Cut an enormous hole in my fire wall and shoved an EFI harness through it! :)

Rezarf

Hard Core 4+
Changed the oil in the FJ40 on Friday last week. The previous record said 2011 was the last time I changed the oil. That can't be right. Even with it having 500-1000 miles in that time, that really can't be right.

You're married now Matt, I am sure it's been since 2011. Wait till the kiddo's start adding up and see how much seat time you get with the 40 :thumb::p:

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Drove it to work today, going to pick up a bottle of ZDDP to add to the oil this afternoon. Might work on it this weekend.

subzali

Hard Core 4+

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Found my smog stuff

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422227970.067871.jpg

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Speaking of smog stuff, I rebuilt my smog pump and re-installed it into my fully-smogged 60. Will drive her to the Cruise Moab committee meeting Wednesday night.

rover67

Rising Sun Member
Jeff,

Where'd you find the parts for the 60's smog pump?

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Jeff,

Where'd you find the parts for the 60's smog pump?

Um, in the pump? I didn't add or subtract any parts. I took it apart, cleaned and lubricated it and reassembled it. Nothing was particularly worn out, in fact it was less than 3 years old IIRC. It just seized up Monday morning last week when I was going to drive to work. POS Cardon reman....

Definitely different than 40 series smog pumps that have 1 vane, this one has 3! In fact I had a used but functional 40 series smog pump on the shelf, not only was the mechanical mounting different, so was the inlet/outlet configuration.

HoneyBadger

Rising Sun Member
:wrench:
I got my rear diff and axles reinstalled, along with new seals and o-rings etc. :thumb:
Now all that's left is the front diff and the gear break in.

*EDIT* 1-29-15
Got my front diff and CV axles in last night. :eek:
I'm going to put the gear oil in and torque some stuff down and just generally make sure things are good to go today. Also, I need to track down were these three extra bolts go… That's always fun when that happens… :hill:

Last edited:

ToyodaTocco

Hard Core 4+
I got my rear diff and axles reinstalled, along with new seals and o-rings etc. :thumb:

*EDIT* 1-29-15
I'm going to put the gear oil in and torque some stuff down and just generally make sure things are good to go today. Also, I need to track down were these three extra bolts go… That's always fun when that happens… :hill:

You probably don't need them anyway! Gotta love when that happens

HoneyBadger

Rising Sun Member
You probably don't need them anyway! Gotta love when that happens

I was stupid. The one bolt was for a little bracket. And the others were for a skid plate. :lmao:

jps8460

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Finished my 2FE build...for the most part

I heard my cruiser run for the first time in 33 days! It now has fuel injection.

Fired up first try. :) My Dizzy is off a tooth though. Going to try like heck to drive it to the meeting, but I have to get more exhaust on it.

Can't wait to feel the difference.

HoneyBadger

Rising Sun Member
After having done over a dozen short drives and cool downs for my new gears, I decided to open them up on the highway. HOLY COW! It's like a whole new truck! :eek:
She burned up the hill on I-70 without even breaking a sweat and then chewed up and spit out Berthoud pass. I was actually passing people! I'm highly impressed. I should have done this sooner. :D

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
After having done over a dozen short drives and cool downs for my new gears, I decided to open them up on the highway. HOLY COW! It's like a whole new truck! :eek:
She burned up the hill on I-70 without even breaking a sweat and then chewed up and spit out Berthoud pass. I was actually passing people! I'm highly impressed. I should have done this sooner. :D

what gears, what tires?

Fishy

Hard Core 4+

*EDIT* 1-29-15

When I did my front diff and locker I was so worried about forgetting something simple I taped a huge piece of paper to my drivers side window with a checklist....I couldn't get in the truck without seeing it first.

RECHECK C-CLIPS?
EVERYTHING TIGHT?
LUG NUTS TIGHT?
GEAR OIL?
DRAIN/FILL PLUGS

I'll never forget starting it up and putting it in reverse to back out of the garage....

HoneyBadger

Rising Sun Member
When I did my front diff and locker I was so worried about forgetting something simple I taped a huge piece of paper to my drivers side window with a checklist....I couldn't get in the truck without seeing it first.

RECHECK C-CLIPS?
EVERYTHING TIGHT?
LUG NUTS TIGHT?
GEAR OIL?
DRAIN/FILL PLUGS

I'll never forget starting it up and putting it in reverse to back out of the garage....

I know right? I didn't breathe for those first couple of feet rolling backwards, just waiting for a horrible crunching sound of some kind or another. :D

subzali

Hard Core 4+
I heard my cruiser run for the first time in 33 days! It now has fuel injection.

Fired up first try. :) My Dizzy is off a tooth though. Going to try like heck to drive it to the meeting, but I have to get more exhaust on it.

Can't wait to feel the difference.

Can't wait to hear it/see it and get your impressions