What have you done to your rig today?

HoneyBadger

Rising Sun Member
Sweet notcher! I need one of those really bad… lol
Also, super jealous that you have a CNC machine. Very cool.:thumb:

Finally made time to put the hardtop back on my 40. Then shook my head and sighed as I noticed the tell tail signs of cruiser cancer start to peak it's ugly head up.

aprosise

Hard Core 4+
Shotshell, it's not a CNC....

Just a manual mill.

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
Another coil pack on the 100 went this weekend. Only a 20 minute job (unless it is cylinder s 4 or 6 which are buried) but always happens at a very inopportune time...like when it is below zero and you don't have a heated garage anymore!!

Blindranger

Hard Core 4+
Backed into the trash can and shattered my drivers side tail light :mad: Anyone got one laying around that they want to sell to me?

Jacket

RS Moderator
Staff member
I might. I'll check tonight.

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Got this delivered, been waiting a long time to find one of these for sale and one just happened to pop up out of nowhere.

image.jpg

mcgaskins

Rising Sun Member
Went to Slee and had all 4 brakes done with their cross drilled/slotted rotors and performance brake pads (seriously noticeable difference), wheel bearings replaced, Slee belly plate installed, URBs installed, and added a Pro Link Factor 55 winch thimble. Combined with the recent timing belt, water pump, radiator, alignment, all fluids flushed, etc. the truck is driving awesome! Oh and I'm poor now too :D

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Got this delivered, been waiting a long time to find one of these for sale and one just happened to pop up out of nowhere.

image.jpg

That looks to me like an 80 series grill, but I thought 1FZ-FEs got supercharged, not turbocharged. Unless it's an oil burner?

subzali

Hard Core 4+
That looks to me like an 80 series grill, but I thought 1FZ-FEs got supercharged, not turbocharged. Unless it's an oil burner?

Sadly not an oil burner, but check my sig line or post 12 of my bio for more info :thumb:

Jacket

RS Moderator
Staff member
I might. I'll check tonight.

Happy hour ran until midnight last night, so I didn't have a chance to look. I'll do it tonight.

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Sadly not an oil burner, but check my sig line or post 12 of my bio for more info :thumb:

I had never heard of a turbo in a 1FZ-FE, just SCs, but after reading that thread on Mud referenced in the 2006 thread from your sig line, I see that they do exist!

subzali

Hard Core 4+
I had never heard of a turbo in a 1FZ-FE, just SCs, but after reading that thread on Mud referenced in the 2006 thread from your sig line, I see that they do exist!

Then you must not have checked the back cover of your Toyota Trails from Mar/April 2000 to Nov/Dec 2002 when Man-a-Fre had an advertisement running there for them! ;)

There are no factory turbo 1FZ-FEs. Every turbo 1FZ-FE is an aftermarket system. Years ago the Safari System was sold through MAF and Slee. The story goes that there were originally 25 units sold. Since Safari was/is an Australian company I am not sure anyone knows the numbers of how many were sold in Australia. There have not been many/any Aussies posting on MUD about Safari Systems. Today Christo has the AVO setup available as well. Everything else is custom, though the UAE guys and others have prompted a couple different turbo manifolds to be produced by treadstone and maybe some others.

I think most of these Land Cruisers are running turbo'd 1FZ engines, obviously custom :rolleyes:...

Last edited:

aprosise

Hard Core 4+
Finally dove into my cooling system issue. Wrong thermostat, installed upside with no o-ring. Go figure.

Yay heat!

Blindranger

Hard Core 4+
New OEM taillight, swapped out the interior lights for LEDs and installed some stupid bright 7W Cree LED back up lights :eek:

IMG_5578 by blindranger, on Flickr

MountainGoat

Club Treasurer
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
That looks great Matt! Is it the Pfran kit? I am thinking about getting them for several of our trucks. :cool:

Blindranger

Hard Core 4+
Yep I picked it up from Pfran. The interior lights are really bright, but I am not a fan of the harshness of the light color, so over time I am sure I will swap them out for something different. The gotcha was that a a similar kit with red or soft white LEDs from Super Bright or Autolumination, was easily going to cost twice as much as pfran's.

The reverse lights are SWEET!

New dash, heater, door panels and stereo system...

My son has this 81 hilux that the previous owner had destroyed the wiring and dash in. So, I built a wood dash and some crocodile door panels, added a new vintage air heater and quick rewire on the dash.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 269