• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

What have you done to your rig today?

HoneyBadger

Rising Sun Member
Finally got all my interior lights switched over to LEDs. Including eight LED pods in my camper top. And holy cow! They're bright!
Big thanks to DaveInDenver and Squishy! for helping me out on this endeavor.:thumb:

Finally repaired my first wheeling damage on the subframe. Took a bit of man power and some good welding by Squishy! Thanks for the help bud!

9ybada4a.jpg

y7a7uqys.jpg

y9u8u7u8.jpg

abyme4yp.jpg

uze3ezur.jpg

epuhuhuh.jpg

qa9apesy.jpg

pu3araqe.jpg

e4aguma8.jpg

a8u8u9uz.jpg

3a4era4a.jpg

ybereqe4.jpg

je7ehu2y.jpg

yveju3uz.jpg

heje6upa.jpg

Squishy!

Rising Sun Member
Boogers!!! I hate welding upside-down. I'm pretty terrible at getting pretty welds that way. They be strong though.

HoneyBadger

Rising Sun Member
Boogers!!! I hate welding upside-down. I'm pretty terrible at getting pretty welds that way. They be strong though.

Those are some of the coolest welding pics I've ever seen. :thumb:

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
Mr. Cardinal came down yesterday and helped wire up a L.E.D light bar for the interior of my Roof Top Tent:bowdown:. Got the light kit from Ross Miller. Great product.

Also got some maint done on the tent. Minor stuff before Outlaws:cool:.

LED RTT.jpg

:beer::beer:

HoneyBadger

Rising Sun Member
Wiring, wiring and more wiring.

Getting ready for my new LED light bars!

Ugh, so much wiring….

HoneyBadger

Rising Sun Member
And What do you know? MORE wiring today. :eek:
But I did get my rock lights set up and working.

Two sets of lights down, three to go.:woot:

HoneyBadger

Rising Sun Member
New LEDs are in, so that means more wiring. Four sets of lights down, and one to go.

Dang their bright! lol

Cocarlisle

Hard Core 4+
Put a GPS in my truck so I could really see how slow I'm going ......... Then I took it out

I like the kilometers better

AxleIke

Hard Core 4+

Looks like you may have not cleaned the metal enough. I've found that welding upside down is much more intolerant of dirty metal than right side up. I've found that a good 1/2 inch on all sides of the weld gives me enough safety margin, and the welds come out pretty clean. Just my .02 though, I'm not a pro, take it for what its worth (not much :D ) Good on ya for helping out a buddy!

Squishy!

Rising Sun Member
It's quite possible. Thanks for the tip!

Jacket

RS Moderator
Staff member
Missed the Jenny Creek day, but did add some bling up front along with new grease and seals for the axle.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 400

HoneyBadger

Rising Sun Member
:wrench:
Finally got new lower ball joints in. And good thing too. The old one were toast. Now she rides smooth with no grinding, popping, and snapping noises. lol

Also, while I was at it, I put my strut spacers back in. So she sits about 2 inches higher in the front now. So now I need to get my rear springs set up correctly to compensate and level it all out.

Huge thanks to Squishy for helping me out!:beer::thumb:

Squishy!

Rising Sun Member
:wrench:

Finally got new lower ball joints in. And good thing too. The old one were toast. Now she rides smooth with no grinding, popping, and snapping noises. lol

Also, while I was at it, I put my strut spacers back in. So she sits about 2 inches higher in the front now. So now I need to get my rear springs set up correctly to compensate and level it all out.

Huge thanks to Squishy for helping me out!:beer::thumb:

Let's see a couple pics!

Jacket

RS Moderator
Staff member
4 1/2 years of static - not anymore...:yagi:

ant.gif

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
I wired up an old school foot switch for my light bar and driving lights. And I hooked up another set of driving lights. Works just as I had hoped.. I'm looping the power that goes into the switches- the juice the powers the lights still comes out of the relays. Looking forward to the next night run :)

Attachments

• footswitch2.JPG
    footswitch2.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 607
  • footswitch1.JPG
    footswitch1.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 560

DanS

Rising Sun Member
I wired up an old school foot switch for my light bar and driving lights. And I hooked up another set of driving lights. Works just as I had hoped.. I'm looping the power that goes into the switches- the juice the powers the lights still comes out of the relays. Looking forward to the next night run :)

Oh that's awesome!

Dan