What have you done to your rig today?

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
I only got 1/4 of the way into installing my new ome strut assembly when I found this lovely gem of a front lower strut bolt. Looks like one of the POs gave her a good 5 or 6 ugga duggas when installing the last lift.... Thankfully @DanielChase is letting me borrow his 100 series till tomorrow so that I can take some scouts snow shoeing tomorrow. And I will grab two of those bolts (and nuts and the washer that the PO didn't put back) from groove in the morning before that.
IMG_20230127_210318780.jpg

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
Yesterday I finally finished up putting OME front strut assembly with 881 springs on the 4runner, I have no officially deleted all the spacers on my truck. Was a little bit of a struggle as I had it up on stands since Friday night when I realized at first that the lower strut mount bolt on one side was missing and both sides were missing the washer and the bolt got installed backwards by a PO. Also had another snag that I'd rather not divulge that kept it on stands another night. Another thanks to @DanielChase for loaning me his 100 for the weekend while I got that sorted and helping me a bunch on this. So far I'm liking them better than what was on there, way less harsh although now it's a little bouncy on the front end around 30-40mph. Should get better when I add some weight to the front I'm hoping. Kind of thinking about doing a winch plate and winch and keeping mostly OEM look for now. Looking at https://www.ampdupllc.com/product-page/hidden-winch-mount and will probably pair with a badlands apex when I find a good enough sale on it. It is on sale for $50 off right now, 600 even, but I think if I wait I can find an even better deal (if only they still did the copious amounts of 20% off coupons). Looks like overall I did lose 1/2" in the front end confirming my theory that the front was lifted 3" not the 2" I was told by the seller. Definitely have more rake (about 1 1/4" now) but she's still driving well enough and will be better if I'm making sure to always keep some extra weight in back to compress the LC setup back there. Next up I'm going to do the rack bushings and install the OEM outer tie rods that I have and go get an alignment. Should have more room to work with now with regards to caster to hopefully get rid of my wandering steering at higher speeds. Might eventually need a caster correcting UCA though, we will see how it turns out at the alignment shop.

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
Lol just realized today I didn't have my normal amount of weight in the back and that it was probably the back that was bouncy. Put my toolset back there and it's riding very smooth now. Also went ahead and got 100lbs of sand to put back there. Rides quite smooth now, total difference from the crap spacers that were in there before. It's definitely a firm ride but I really like it now! Can't wait to test the new suspension on the trail but I did tool around in the park across the street. Cornerstone Park in Littleton has a small section of dirt road that runs through it that is a little bit rutted as well as a dirt lot with some parking bumps to run over, it's basically a little green trail.

rover67

Rising Sun Member
Completed an Oil pan, drain plug and coolant line engine gaskets to it’s LM7. As it was a small leak to the area. But also some dirty main clutch fluid, while awaiting my order (then in stock, Jan 14th) for a steering gear box rebuild kit (CP, I finally got it this PM). Little surprised 1 bolt port was blocked on Engine and pan side.
I wont know if i got it right until box is in, hoping like no tomorrow. 😅🥵
Still have more to do to get ready for the season. 😅
View attachment 111173View attachment 111174View attachment 111175View attachment 111176View attachment 111177View attachment 111178View attachment 111179View attachment 111180
I somehow don’t remember that pan missing that single bolt that’s interesting. So the blocks not even threaded for it?

rover67

Rising Sun Member
I somehow don’t remember that pan missing that single bolt that’s interesting. So the blocks not even threaded for it?
We’ll quick internet search and yep lots of them don’t have that bolt. Interesting

fyffer

Rising Sun Member
We’ll quick internet search and yep lots of them don’t have that bolt. Interesting
Yeah, that puzzled me a bit. Thanks for the research. You, can see it in the pic's.
Screwed up early in my attempt of Gear box rebuild, so I stopped immediately. Took it to Raven yesterday (long trip).

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Thanks to @MonPetiteShoe 's git-er-done attitude, mad skillz, and quick wit, we got a lot done last night between 21:00 and 02:30.
  • Slee Headlight Harness with connection to Slee auxillary harness into positively triggered (thx Josh for finding that trigger jumper!) sPOD input so the bunmper lights will come on with highbeams if I want, or not.
  • Blue Sea 7610 charging isolator and relocated a 100A fuse.
  • Power to dash cam above headliner.
  • Reinstalled front headliner and trim.
  • Changed the oil.
  • Earlier in the day I installed the new tire/wheel combo.
  • Determined where to install the MXT275 and ran antenna cable through roof cable gland.
When its 03:04 its easy to forget to take pictures, But here is one. 35x10.5 Kenda R/T on Method 309 wheels with generic center caps because Land Cruiser hubs are so dang big!

IMG_5835.jpg

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
Some taco workings. Replaced bushings and ball joints in my SPC UCAs. Pulled em, took em to Slee to press new ones in and slammed em back in. I matchmarked the BJ locations so hopefully i won't need a realignment.
20230204_115943.jpg
Did some mods to my front bumper for visual access to my winch. I couldn't see how the line was spooling on the drum unless I was on top of it so cut some holes and blasted out a section using my grinder. Also added a winch hook loop nice and close to avoid excessive angle and exposure to the line when it was stowed. Some of you might recognize the type of loop I used;), note the way it is set up, it is not a good for a recovery, just a hook grabber.
20230204_132312.jpg
20230204_145314.jpg

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Haven’t done anything yet but these came in today.
Never been a fan of light bars but always loved the oll school KC Daylighters.
8BDD5576-7A3F-41C2-B27C-84B140643CEC.jpeg
634439F1-0CF9-4E4C-8768-ACA87D92599A.jpeg

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
So much to LongCruiser today. Huge thx to @J1000 for making the driver's side look amazing and Anna to painting over rust, and putting up with this long project! This time tomorrow - maybe Vegas!

KC Masterpiece

Hard Core 4+
Added Amber's dream truck to the fleet. Jealous its her DD. Shoutout to Stevinson that gave us a fantastic price on a trade in.

Welcome to the new to us 2018 Tundra 1794 in super white.

She really liked the Lexus but with her country roots always wanted a big truck. Turns out toyota does make tucks in almost Lexus level trim. White carpets were so hard to keep clean....
20230205_081758.jpg
We now finally own a vehicle under 20 years.

20230205_081735.jpg
20230205_081744.jpg

Now I NEED to find one at a salvage yard and somehow get those seats in the 80.

fyffer

Rising Sun Member
Nothing, I didn’t know it was. But now I know it is. 😆
926D8CDA-BF47-4048-9776-BCF812C6CC14.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
Well after some time trying to figure out how to get my front sway bar links off I finally realized they had flats on the ball joint side so I got those of and finally my front sway bar off. Took her out for a spin on some parking lot snow mounds. And was super happy with my front flex. After cleaning and inspecting the links I realized they were still in very good shape just clapped out bushings and remembered that AutoZone sells Energy Suspension bushings. Went by there and sure enough they fit perfect so I finally swapped out my rear links that were bent with the longer links off the front. Took another spin on some snow mounds and I'm super happy with my flex. Probably got the front passenger 14"-16" in the air and I still wasn't 3 wheeling and I was just starting to compress my Blazer swapped rear bumps.
IMG_20230207_235734657.jpg
IMG_20230207_234723485_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230207_234659090.jpg

IMG_20230207_234752603.jpg
IMG_20230207_235236437.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20230207_234659090.jpg
    IMG_20230207_234659090.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 37

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member

fyffer

Rising Sun Member

bassguyry

Commander + Cruise Moab Chairman
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Finally got around to installing the Naviplus CarPlay system in my 200 last weekend. It's only been sitting in an unopened box in my office for a year. 😬

It works really well, both wired and wireless. Probably not worth the expense, but I do love having CarPlay. Installation wasn't fun, as the instructions that come from Naviplus are awful. I basically had to piece together bits of instructions from Mud and about four different versions of the Naviplus manual. Only took me about an hour and a half though. The 3M Command strips I randomly had in the house are a lifesaver - IMO, it'd basically be impossible to install without being able to attach the Naviplus video and network boxes to the back of the touchscreen.

Also installed a JVC CarPlay head unit in the 100. After working on car stereos for the better part of a Saturday, I felt like I never really left 1996... 😆

Attachments

• IMG_6986.JPG
    IMG_6986.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 49