For Sale Today's Facebook Marketplace Deals

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
its been a few years in my case, but iirc The idea is that the certified letter gets returned to you with postmaster notes stating it was undeliverable ( could not be signed for essentially ) within 30 days, severing the last known way to contact the previous title owner. In my case my first letter was lost, and my second letter was signed by his executor. Which flopped my title quest on its head because I then had to speak with him and hope the owner was willing to let me have it……since I’m such a nice guy they said yea, we have no use for it, we’ll get a duplicate lost title and fedex it to you signed, whew it sucked.

in reality there shouldn’t be a way to scam that step, or say “ yea i did it “ without documentation — the DMV either has a copy of the returned certified letter that they can see and verify when you hand it to them, or they don’t.
Agreed. When this whole kurfuffle happened, the police up North there did a quick "investigation" and told me that he "said he sent me the letter and I never answered" so it was now a civil matter. I asked if had seen the proof and he said "no sir I did not" but insisted it was a civil matter.

Telly

Rising Sun Member
That spring green 40 is a good deal
All, I messaged the seller a couple days ago and he responded this morning at 12:06am. This tells me the seller is motivated. To be clear, I am not interested in buying it (I mean I am but no way can pull it off). Since Elizabeth is sorta on my way home, I may check it out this afternoon. I messaged the seller back asking if 3:30-4:00 will work, no response yet. I'll take a bunch of pics and post them up. @MonPetiteShoe already gave a good description of the rig. Josh, I'll text you if this happens in case you want to meet me. $6-$7k would be a very good deal IMHO. I mean you really can't go wrong with spring green solid unmolested rig! Hoping someone here can pick it up.

Just message me if someone here is already making a deal with this guy and I'll cancel the viewing.

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
anyone need an engine and tranny for their 80?

1706914611389.png

MDH33

Hard Core 4+

rckhound

Rising Sun Member

WillysManVan

Rock Stacker
It would go great with these wheels, he won’t take a penny less because he knows what he’s got!!
IMG_3488.jpeg

Telly

Rising Sun Member
Stopped by to snap some pics and talk to the owner of that spring green 71 FJ40 last Friday afternoon. Coordinated the time with the seller and they acknowledged 3:30 would be acceptable. I show up at 3:32 and ring the doorbell. No answer. Dogs loosing their minds inside the house. Wait about 5 minutes and nothing. I went ahead and snapped some pics but felt like I was trespassing and the owner would come out any minute with guns a blazing. Got a message a couple hours later that they were down the street at a neighbors house. Didn't even apologize.

Noticed Friday evening the post was 'pending' and I assumed it sold over the weekend. Checked this morning and they raised the price to $10k from $8k. These people are the definition of flakes.

Anyway, here are a few pics. It is in fairly good shape. I did not see any floor board rust. Rear sill is toast but all other rust could easily be fixed if you have the skills. All original and in place except the front bumper. If I was selling this rig, I would at a minimum vacuum out the mouse turds and actually make an attempt to present it well. Not worth $10k or $8k in this current market with no Title. Not sure I'd even consider an offer with these crazy people either.

71 40 a.jpg71 40 b.jpg71 fj c.jpg71 FJ d.jpg71 FJ e.jpg71 FJ f.jpg71 FJ g.jpg71 FJ h.jpg71 FJ i.jpg71 FJ j.jpg71 FJ k.jpg71 FJ l.jpg

Last edited:

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
Stopped by to snap some pics and talk to the owner of that spring green 71 FJ40 last Friday afternoon. Coordinated the time with the seller and they acknowledged 3:30 would be acceptable. I show up at 3:32 and ring the doorbell. No answer. Dogs loosing their minds inside the house. Wait about 5 minutes and nothing. I went ahead and snapped some pics but felt like I was trespassing and the owner would come out any minute with guns a blazing. Got a message a couple hours later that they were down the street at a neighbors house. Didn't even apologize.

Noticed Friday evening the post was 'pending' and I assumed it sold over the weekend. Checked this morning and they raised the price to $10k from $8k. These people are the definition of flakes.

Anyway, here are a few pics. It is in fairly good shape. I did not see any floor board rust. Rear sill is toast but all other rust could easily be fixed if you have the skills. All original and in place except the front bumper. If I was selling this rig, I would at a minimum vacuum out the mouse turds and actually make an attempt to present it well. Not worth $10k or $8k in this current market with no Title. Not sure I'd even consider an offer with these crazy people either.

View attachment 126255View attachment 126256View attachment 126257View attachment 126258View attachment 126259View attachment 126260View attachment 126261View attachment 126262View attachment 126263View attachment 126264View attachment 126265View attachment 126266
There should be a "shitty seller" discount of about 50%.

MonPetiteShoe

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
It looks like he at least took my asking "Does it start?" as a cue to see if it actually starts. They got the starter fluid, and the trailer 12V out. What a goon.

Thanks for the pics Doug.

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
It looks like he at least took my asking "Does it start?" as a cue to see if it actually starts. They got the starter fluid, and the trailer 12V out. What a goon.

Thanks for the pics Doug.
NOPE!! He can't find the key, so when he said "it fires right up!" he was lying.

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
don't need a key to see if it runs ;)
he also said he didn't get it started but it "turned over" which is not exactly the same as saying it "fired right up" :)