For Sale Todays Craigslist Highlights...Part 3

that'swhatshesaid

Rising Sun Member
Someone buy that SR5 please so I stop obsessing. These little trucks are a blast to drive and this one looks like a true survivor! Maybe I'll send this to my sister...she's been wanting a truck. :unsure:
I can connect you with David the owner if you would like an intro.

allen.wrench

Rising Sun Member
I'm watching this thread now just for that red SR5.

Idk what's the general average price paid for a used Taco. I haven't done that research. Just starting to dip my toes as I find (or make) time and cash available.

Is $16k reasonable for that SR5?

Allen

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee

I would think $10-12K would be in line with the going rate -- but of course, it's worth whatever he can sell it for.

that'swhatshesaid

Rising Sun Member
I did the values last night when I was at happy hour with his wife. Retail up to 17k. He's already been offered 15k. :(

Last edited:

that'swhatshesaid

Rising Sun Member
I'm watching this thread now just for that red SR5.

Idk what's the general average price paid for a used Taco. I haven't done that research. Just starting to dip my toes as I find (or make) time and cash available.

Allen
Sadly it is in today's market. Retail 17k private party less but this ones a gem and will likely get the 16 he's asking.

allen.wrench

Rising Sun Member
10-4 guys. Thanks for the input. I appreciate it. Sounds reasonable enough.

Funny enough the significant amount of $16-17k is making me recall in 2017 when I was in the market to replace my college beater because I had a real job a few years after graduating. I had made up my mind to get a Taco and then I needed to decide new or used.

But LMFAO the private party used Taco market was just about the same price as brand new from a dealership. So I bought brand new.

Allen

simps80

Rising Sun Member
I guess based on this I should sell Doug’s old mint ass 82 sr5 - rust fixed Toyota power steering conversion, nib stripe kit, and fuel injection kit
I use it to haul dirt and compost and lumber you know…a truck..

IMG_4888.jpeg

Geez it’s like Land Cruiser prices

subzali

Hard Core 4+
My aunt has a hard tonneau cover for her 2007 Tacoma RCSB that she’s basically ready to give away. In Highlands. PM if you want me to connect you

HDavis

Hard Core 4+
I've really tried to convince myself that this will fit in our yard, and I would get use out if it. But the truth is I wouldn't and don't need it, despite really wanting it. Maybe @simps80 or @MDH33 can convince themselves that they need it.... Or someone else.
It's a Stout bed that's been converted to a trailer and the seller is blissfully unaware. Someone please save it so I can appreciate it from afar.
1685904831235.png

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
I was looking at that frame and did a quick search for other cruiser stuff on CL. Saw this guy posted from Boulder. Club member? I’ve never heard of this shop.

686A2D65-6B8A-4EB2-8CA2-5A9F913CBC73.jpeg

DanS

Rising Sun Member

This is real close to me (he took the outdoor pics like right at the bottom of our road). I looked at it today, if anyone here is interested…. (It’s pretty solid, FYI)

Dan

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee

This is real close to me (he took the outdoor pics like right at the bottom of our road). I looked at it today, if anyone here is interested…. (It’s pretty solid, FYI)

Dan

That looks like a $4k Cruiser to me, not $28k.

KC Masterpiece

Hard Core 4+

Dan
There are nights I go to sleep thinking we overpaid for the 60. This will make me sleep very soundly tonight.

I did not know that the transfer case was factored in when determining how many speeds a vehicle has. In that case we have a 22 speed. 20 forward speeds and 2 reverse!

Last edited:

DanS

Rising Sun Member
That looks like a $4k Cruiser to me, not $28k.
In my mind, it’s more like $10-15K.

There’s not much rust, aside from the rear sill.

The F155 runs well.

The pinstriping is super cool (and probably salvageable), and it’s a pretty decent survivor.

But I couldn’t let the Rancho suspension stay, and I’d only be comfortable with at least dial circuit brakes, and preferably discs up front.

The pictures don’t show it as well as it is, but I agree it’s probably overpriced by a good bit. Never know what someone from the east coast might pay though.

Dan

Johnny Utah

Rising Sun Member
@KC Masterpiece you are not alone. I often wonder if I over paid for my 80. But then I remember:
1. it’s only money
2. can’t take it with you
3. I could spend WAY more on a gambling habit.
4. I am happy every time I drive it.

Then I don’t feel so bad. 😁

KC Masterpiece

Hard Core 4+
@KC Masterpiece you are not alone. I often wonder if I over paid for my 80. But then I remember:
1. it’s only money
2. can’t take it with you
3. I could spend WAY more on a gambling habit.
4. I am happy every time I drive it.

Then I don’t feel so bad. 😁
Oh i dont feel too bad. Its in amazing shape but had a surprise corrosion area on the frame. Trying to figure out the best way to address it economically. Or I could go balls to the walls and find an 80 frame to drop it on and LS swap. The thought has crossed my mind.....

The 60 was also almost entirely paid for by our elected representatives. Bought a ton of nvidia stock right before the semi conductor bill went through. I kept some but we sold at a 120% return. I should name her Nancy.

Jcbmx

Trail Ready
If I had the cash laying around, no brainer! Given the sellers trade interests I'd buy with confidence