• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

For Sale Todays Craigslist Highlights...Part 3

J1000

Rising Sun Member
I emailed this guy with these two 77 Land Cruisers. He has titles for both and wants 10k for the pair. Says he has a good amount of interest.
00303_4C4reMhQRcS_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

If someone is interested in one I'd be interested in the other one. Not able to make the deal myself I'm traveling.

rckhound

Rising Sun Member
If someone is interested in one I'd be interested in the other one. Not able to make the deal myself I'm traveling.
I made an offer and he turned it down. Seems a little proud of them.

HDavis

Hard Core 4+
I made an offer and he turned it down. Seems a little proud of them.
Given the location and condition it looks like there is a good amount of effort needed just to get them free from their current home. That plus price is what kept me from making any type of offer.

rckhound

Rising Sun Member
Given the location and condition it looks like there is a good amount of effort needed just to get them free from their current home. That plus price is what kept me from making any type of offer.
Agreed. I made an offer considering all that. It was not near his $10k asking.

Stuckinthe80s

Rising Sun Member
Staff member
May have been posted already? Lot of time and money into this thing!

1989 Toyota Pickup -SAS Crawler - $15,000 (Golden)​

00g0g_ffDKMSnAq3T_0lM0t2_1200x900.jpg
That's a really good deal for everything that is into it. Even if you had the truck, it would be hard to do everything he's done to it for much less than the asking price.

rckhound

Rising Sun Member

80 Life

Wincher

gungriffin

Rising Sun Member
@DanielChase honored to be twinning with you. I also am reppin a Flint Mica LS4 30 daily driver with an 80 Series for weekend fun
The LS430 is actually my new car. My Mom just gave it to me which is awesome. I am really liking it. It is 100% the car equivalent of the Cruiser. It is an 05 with ~240k miles. The trailer is being temporarily stored at my house which is perpetually under construction.

Last edited:

80 Life

Wincher
The LS430 is actually my new car. My Mom just gave it to me which is awesome. I am really liking it. It is 100% the car equivalent of the Cruiser. It is an 05 with ~240k miles. The trailer is at my house which is perpetually under construction.
Do you own the trailer? It says it is included with the Mega Cruiser. I was thinking if someone didn't want them together it would be a cool trailer to put behind a regular 80 and I would consider purchasing.
I will have to disagree with the LS being a car equivalent to the Cruiser. Luxury interior with a V8... I just got mine as well, but only at 83K miles.

Doughboy

Rising Sun Member
Do you own the trailer? It says it is included with the Mega Cruiser. I was thinking if someone didn't want them together it would be a cool trailer to put behind a regular 80 and I would consider purchasing.
I will have to disagree with the LS being a car equivalent to the Cruiser. Luxury interior with a V8... I just got mine as well, but only at 83K miles.
The trailer goes with the mega.

Also, the century is the ultimate toyota

gr8fulabe

Rising Sun Member
Tell that to LCD....
You mean the guy potentially going to jail for dubious practices? I don’t think I need to tell him. Besides that, he’s not the one attempting to engage in title skipping on this sale. Every time someone with a grey market import engages in shenanigans, they help close the door on us being allowed to import them. So I always try to point it out, so that there is at least some evidence of self policing out there. Even while knowing that some people think I’m a dick for doing so. So I’ll apologize to you if you think I’m being a dick for calling it out.

Also, consider this. CBP can go back through his records for 5 years if they decide that his isn’t just a simple case of theft. If they find any problems with his imports, they can lock down every single one of them, and screw not him, but all of his customers that currently own vehicles he cheated the system on. A lot of people could be pretty hurt by that. If you’ve got copies of his import records for your vehicles, I’ll happily audit them for you to let you know if you’ve got any risk. I’m not sure that CBP will go that way with this theft case, but you never know. They put the smash on those fraudsters in Florida a year or two ago.

Doughboy

Rising Sun Member
You mean the guy potentially going to jail for dubious practices? I don’t think I need to tell him. Besides that, he’s not the one attempting to engage in title skipping on this sale. Every time someone with a grey market import engages in shenanigans, they help close the door on us being allowed to import them. So I always try to point it out, so that there is at least some evidence of self policing out there. Even while knowing that some people think I’m a dick for doing so. So I’ll apologize to you if you think I’m being a dick for calling it out.

Also, consider this. CBP can go back through his records for 5 years if they decide that his isn’t just a simple case of theft. If they find any problems with his imports, they can lock down every single one of them, and screw not him, but all of his customers that currently own vehicles he cheated the system on. A lot of people could be pretty hurt by that. If you’ve got copies of his import records for your vehicles, I’ll happily audit them for you to let you know if you’ve got any risk. I’m not sure that CBP will go that way with this theft case, but you never know. They put the smash on those fraudsters in Florida a year or two ago.
I'm not upset of you calling me out. I'm more upset with LCD and the whole situation, but that's a conversation not for this thread. My 81 has been here for more than 5 years. And I got it from him 5.5-6 years ago.

Although, I wouldn't mind if up looked at my paper work for the century. That was the easiest vehicle for me to get registered here.

that'swhatshesaid

Rising Sun Member

Telly

Rising Sun Member
Someone buy that SR5 please so I stop obsessing. These little trucks are a blast to drive and this one looks like a true survivor! Maybe I'll send this to my sister...she's been wanting a truck. :unsure: