• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Snow and Burrito Run Sun. Jan. 31st, 2021 Yankee Hill

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
It's time for the annual Snow Run. It sure will be nice to get back out on the trail. This year we will pass on the group meeting for pizza afterwards. Instead, I figure I will buy about 50-60 breakfast burritos from Santiago's and hand them out to people at the drivers meeting and throughout the day.

Date: Sun. Jan 31st, 2021
Meeting Time: 8:30-9:00 am - Leave at 9:30

Meeting Place: Cemetery area half mile above (west) of Central City. Go due west out of Central City up the hill about a one mile. At the top of the hill
west of Central City at the multi fork in the road. Continue on the middle road west 1/2 mile and look for the new Yankee Hill trailhead on the right. Vehicles with trailers can park there.
39°48'43.9"N 105°32'26.1"W (39.812190, -105.540586)

CB Channel 4 - Ham - 146430
Will will air down and/or chain up (if your using chains) at the meeting place.

Difficulty - this run is open to everyone. The only requirement is to have hard points front and rear for strapping purposes and of course a strap ready to go. A shovel and additional recovery gear is highly recommended. As was mentions have a good radio is key on this run for many reasons. I am new to GRMS/FRS so will need to borrow one I suppose.

Based on the conditions the ice could be a serious consideration. Especially on the hill above the middle parking lot. Coming down down that spot last year was a bit of an uncontrolled slide . Fortunately the ruts kept your on the road. So chains may come in handy. I don't use them myself. but I do have a new set of mud tires.

Be prepared to stay warm and dry with winter clothing and boots. It can be really cold and windy up there.

Here is a picture from last year.
15 (1) (Small).jpg

Last edited:

DanTheMan

Rising Sun Member
Interested in attending, Thanks again Scott! Looking forward to it!

bassguyry

Commander + Cruise Moab Chairman
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Count me in. Thanks for organizing, Scott!

I've also got five handheld FRS radios attendees are free to borrow for the run.

Oh_shift

Rising Sun Member
Love this run! Thanks for organizing! See you there.

BC9392

Rising Sun Member
should be able to make - will be fun

Oh_shift

Rising Sun Member
No pizza...make sense. I thought that part would be different. But there are the burritos coming from?

@JadeRunner - here are the other HAM frequencies:. Pick one!
Rising Sun HAM 02: 146.580
Rising Sun HAM 03: 147.420
Rising Sun HAM 04: 147.540

shellb

Hard Core 4+
I unfortunately can't make it but would gladly paypal some $ to help pay for burritos!

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
Thanks for leading this fun run every year Scott!

Will start talking with work to see about getting the day off. If possible, would enjoy riding along again to take pictures.

P.s, cant do breakfast burritos, Egg allergies.

:beer::beer:

On the RX

Rising Sun Member
I'm in! Depending on conditions, I may have to give these chains a run.

Camo80

Rising Sun Member
New guy here. I’m interested but not sure if I would hold the group up... this is my 2nd meeting. I have some but would say zero hard trail experience. I’ve not taken this 80 or any other Toyota on the trail. I’m a new owner of a 1996 LC that is triple locked, super charge, 2” lift with new 35” duratrax A/T. The 80 has been throughly gone through for trail worthiness and repairs made. However, I don’t have a working winch, cb or HAM Radio but those are coming in the next 2-5 months. My question is should I do an simpler trail run for my 1st run? Kris Nagy, Firefighter, photographer and Caterpillar rep.

Attachments

• B46A7EE9-CDB8-49FA-9AFE-20FF7FF4B71E.jpeg
    B46A7EE9-CDB8-49FA-9AFE-20FF7FF4B71E.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 161

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
New guy here. I’m interested but not sure if I would hold the group up... this is my 2nd meeting. I have some but would say zero hard trail experience. I’ve not taken this 80 or any other Toyota on the trail. I’m a new owner of a 1996 LC that is triple locked, super charge, 2” lift with new 35” duratrax A/T. The 80 has been throughly gone through for trail worthiness and repairs made. However, I don’t have a working winch, cb or HAM Radio but those are coming in the next 2-5 months. My question is should I do an simpler trail run for my 1st run? Kris Nagy, Firefighter, photographer and Caterpillar rep.
This would be a fine first time run for your nice Cruiser Kris. Ryland can lend us an FRS radio. Welcome.

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
Changed to the 146420 freq. for HAM. The club will buy the burros (thanks for the offer Brett). I will get Perry a special one and a few non meat burros for those special needs people. Ha.

FJCDan

Rising Sun Member
Right on hopefully I will make it this year. Love this run.

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
I am interested. Will try to make it.

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I hope to make it.

Hants

Rising Sun Member
Planning to come too. :beer:

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
That's cool Hants. Haven't seen you around in a while.