Rising Sun and Wasatch Cruisers Club Ventures! - Planning

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I think I'm out -- an old friend of mine is getting married on August 17 in Chicago.

LARGEONE

Rising Sun Member
This would be a cool meetup!

allen.wrench

Rising Sun Member
Hey all,

Just wanted to check in and refresh this thread. August 16-18 are the official dates. There was a question earlier about that and I want to make sure folks are aware.

And this is a good opportunity to also remind folks: the Dino National Monument area will need us to have a pass to be on the Monument.

Please have your unexpired National Parks Pass or you might be able to buy a pass that weekend at the visitor center if you're early enough. For example: <https://www.nps.gov/planyourvisit/passes.htm#america-the-beautiful-passes>

Allen

Last edited:

Trail Bum

Rising Sun Member
Hey all,

Just wanted to check in and refresh this thread. August 16-18 are the official dates. There was a question earlier about that and I want to make sure folks are aware.

And this is a good opportunity to also remind folks: the Dino National Monument area will need us to have a pass to be on the Monument.

Please have your unexpired National Parks Pass or you might be able to buy a pass that weekend at the visitor center if you're early enough.

Allen
Those dates work for me. Thanks for organizing this!

norserunner

Brand New
Hey gals & guys, on the 2024 look-ahead thread folks liked the idea of doing a joint Rising Sun and Wasatch Cruisers (WCs) combo club venture. Based on a thread on the Wasatch Cruisers forum, they liked it (link: <https://forum.wasatchcruisers.org/threads/wasatch-cruisers-and-rising-sun-club-ventures.13339/>). I also chatted with our Event Coordinator, @DomOfTheDead, and got his input too.

So... let me start a dedicated thread for planning the event :D

The basic idea: A Wasatch Cruisers and Rising Sun club combo run adventure. The clubs are neighbors, all the members are cool, and the trucks are even cooler 😎 so we should spend some time together. The Vernal, Dino Natl Monument area is awesome and generally approachable from both the Denver & SLC areas. There are a lot of campsites available, beautiful scenery, and needs exploring. It should be a great spot to do a joint club venture.

I wanted to share since I love being part of both clubs, and looking to contribute to making things even better. Of course I expect the same from everyone else too and I'd love to get your inputs as we progress.

Given prior experiences, inputs here, and on the Wasatch Cruisers forum, August 16-18 are the official dates for this shindig. The arrival, departure, and activities we'll iron soon. Let me first look over maps of the area.

Please let me know if missed anyone, so far I understand the following attendee count:
Please have your unexpired National Parks Pass or you might be able to buy a pass that weekend at the visitor center if you're early enough.

I'll keep this top post updated as we go and coordinate with folks on the Wasatch Cruisers forum as well.

Thanks y'allz!
Allen
I’m interested - please count me in.

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Allen, I'm listed as a maybe.

At this point I don't know of any conflict so you can confirm me as "in" or alternatively move me to the wait list as necessary if you're trying to better order your planning counts.

Thanks!

As an added benefit, if I'm on the run it's a 3 club run with the Book Cliff Cruisers. :)