Quest for the right motorcycle to carry on the back of the 80.

60wag

Rising Sun Member
My original Ultimate MX carrier got toasted but I liked it well enough to buy a new one. It's pretty convenient and compact. It'll fit inside the truck when not in use. My bike weighs around 290lbs. It'll make the truck squat in the rear. I've got the OME heavy springs in the rear. I put airbags inside the springs to deal with the squat and improve the steering.

HDavis

Hard Core 4+
Now I am looking for a way to toss the XR to the back of the 80. Look what you started Chase.
These seem to be priced the same and Its a little more refined on the design side of things.
Edit: I now see this model was already posted.

subzali

Hard Core 4+
I have a Joe hauler I got off Craigslist. It’s basic and fine. I took it over Weston Pass and didn’t lose the bike with all the whoop dee doos going down the west side. I was driving pretty fast too, and that was before I had the lift installed. I did have airbags in the stock rear springs though.

Edit: scratch that. Looks like I was using my dads aluminum carrier. That was a bad choice on his part to let me use it 😜

I saw a mototote on Craigslist or FB recently for $220 or $250 or something. Not sure if that’s a good deal.

Attachments

• A7A77B08-2301-420E-997E-60A285862D98.jpeg
    A7A77B08-2301-420E-997E-60A285862D98.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 63
Last edited:

subzali

Hard Core 4+
I like your style Matt! 3 stroke represent.
View attachment 115516
I’m on the hunt for a 450 right now, but wouldn’t turn down a 300, or even a 250 2T. That was my friends 300 I was carrying at the time. Honestly I’d like to have a 4T and a 2T.

subzali

Hard Core 4+

DanielChase

Rising Sun Member
I picked up a Kawasaki KLX110/L for “Long”
42 inch wheelbase. It actually fits inside the 80 (for now). Super light obviously. I came to realize that I wanted the TW for trips but the second bike I was dreaming of was basically a pit bike. All the 110’s you see are clutchless (lame) but the /L version of the Kawasaki gets you a clutch and longer/taller suspension. Excited to have it for swap meets and events and it’s gonna be less of a production to bring along on a camping trip. It’s perfect.

Still going to get a hitch mounted carrier for hauling this and the tw as well. Still trying to decide on which model.

Attachments

• IMG_2460.jpeg
    IMG_2460.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 52

BritKLR

Rising Sun Member

DanielChase

Rising Sun Member
Ok so quick survey... who else knows what this means? (no searching, kids)

...and who else actually experienced it in real time?
I have long been familiar with that particular 2 part cliffhanger episode of Happy Days… I watched a lot of TV LAND as a kid…

DanielChase

Rising Sun Member
I have long been familiar with that particular 2 part cliffhanger episode of Happy Days… I watched a lot of TV LAND as a kid…
There’s a similar expression known as “nuking the fridge” which refers to a scene from the old new Indiana Jones movie. Such a dumb scene…

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
It's the perfect (new) bumper bike. And such a cool blend of the old school honda bikes of the 60's and 70's. Plus bigger than the original monkeys and trail. I really want to try riding one.. The ladies (probably) love them. They're cool and retro, not big, loud and lame, just fun.

DanielChase

Rising Sun Member
I ordered one of these last week when they offered a never before seen free shipping promo. I can try and line that up for anyone that may want one. I’ve got the founders cell #…

I like it better than the monkey, especially for my purposes, and much cheaper.

Johnny Utah

Rising Sun Member
I like that!