Moab

Chris

Hard Core 4+
Rezarf said:
Here are some of Chris and Barb in Emily...

Great driving Chris, you really handled that long stock vehicle well! :cheers:

One funny thing was, I could always tell when you made it off an obstacle by the scraping noise! :D

Thanks Drew - Yeah, really grateful for the rear hitch :eek:

I decided it was best to learn how to drive it stock before making any mods. Now that I see how it handles a few mods come to mind. First I have to repair the damage: Popped bumper end cap, crushed tailpipe and tweaked passenger mirror. Not too bad for that long, low slung 62 of mine :D

Chris

Hard Core 4+
Rezarf said:
Chris-

I have tried 4 times to reply to your PM, my computer freezes each time. I will get you the photos in Friday... that is when my hard copies come back from the developer.

I would love any shots you have of me on Fins...

you can send them to me <snip>

Thanks man!

Okay, I'll send them tonight when I get a chance. Your connection fast enough to handle full size or should I reduce them a bit?

Can you send me the ones you have of Emily on CD?

Chris

Last edited:

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Just got a couple teaser pics from Dave Zartman from my Golden Spike run.....here is one of me crossing the big gap of the Golden Crack and the other is me starting up Double Wammy...cool!

Attachments

• Rice-Cake-on-Golden-Crack.jpg
    Rice-Cake-on-Golden-Crack.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 1,466
  • Double-Whammy.jpg
    Double-Whammy.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 1,487

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
So, how'd ya like the 80 in Moab? I had fun this year in mine, but I also kind of missed my 40.

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Hulk said:
So, how'd ya like the 80 in Moab? I had fun this year in mine, but I also kind of missed my 40.

Two sides of the story...

One, like you, I really missed the 40! Especially watching Treeroot and Bustanutley stretching out on obsticles! The other side of that coin is the 80 did EVERYTHING I asked of it with ease! Best part of the day Sunday on one of my 6 trips :eek: through Gold Bar trying to get Big Blue 40 back together was a couple of older J**p guys actually stood on the trail stopping me from going in and warned me that it was very rough terrain back there and if I choose to go on back I probably wouldn't be able to get back out! :lmao: :lmao: I guess its one of those things I wouldn't understand! :lmao: :lmao: :Princess: :hill:

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Uncle Ben said:
Best part of the day Sunday on one of my 6 trips !:eek: through Gold Bar trying to get Big Blue 40 back together was a couple of older J**p guys actually stood on the trail stopping me from going in and warned me that it was very rough terrain back there and if I choose to go on back I probably wouldn't be able to get back out! :lmao: :lmao: I guess its one of those things I wouldn't understand! :lmao: :lmao: :Princess: :hill:

Awww, how cute! What a bunch of nice, delusional guys. :lmao:Great story.

What time was Kevin finally back in motion? Boy, he had some breakage this year. I think he'd be deserving of "The Order of the Ring of Misfortune" if he was a RS member. :D

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Hulk said:
Awww, how cute! What a bunch of nice, delusional guys. :lmao:Great story.

What time was Kevin finally back in motion? Boy, he had some breakage this year. I think he'd be deserving of "The Order of the Ring of Misfortune" if he was a RS member. :D

We rolled into Spanish Trail around 4:30pm Sunday. I have had a trail fix on nearly everypart of a Cruiser at one time or another but this one kicked my arse. It wasn't a difficult task just bad karma! Gold Bar Rim definately had it in for poor Kevin! I asked him if he thanked Gooney Bird the first time he had safe passage and he said no....I think the bird was determined to make an example of poor Kevins disrespect! Lesson learned....ALWAY pay respect to Gooney Bird as you pass his feet! :eek: :flamingo:

wesintl

RS Moderator
Hulk said:
Boy, he had some breakage this year. I think he'd be deserving of "The Order of the Ring of Misfortune" if he was a RS member. :D

I don't think any RS member really broke did they? :confused:

I definatly vote kevin honerary member so we can give him the ring of misfortune. :eek:

I think he deep fried the gooney bird :( and I missed it.

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
You Rock, Kevin! That was very nice of you to stick it out and help Kevin get off the trail. We should have some sort of special award for you. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :thumb:

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Shark Bait said:
You Rock, Kevin! That was very nice of you to stick it out and help Kevin get off the trail. We should have some sort of special award for you. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :thumb:

I will not go there. PLEASE do not give me credit for doing what was my responsibility! I'm not ready to talk about this right now. I guess I'm too old school still. When someone breaks on a trail you help them out. When someone in your club (team) is helping someone get off the trail others in that team (club) help by supporting. That is the way I learned to wheel, that is the way I DO wheel and consiquently that is what I expect from others I wheel with! I did have some great support from several folks whom I never had any doubts would be there for me. There is a reason I chose my spotter for that run and it was also refreshing to have Cheeseman ping me on the CB earlier and also Sharkbait later pinged me....thats what it's all about! We will talk about this and relearn some things that made Rising Sun the great club it is. It is us "Old Schoolers" responsibility to teach those following in our steps what really makes Rising Sun the club we are proud of! :thumb: :cheers:

Edited: Never meant to make anyone feel like they didn't help out.....not even the issue! I have no regrets and in fact I would do it all the same again! :risingsun

Last edited:

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Mmmm. Sorry to hear you didn't get the full support team. During my tool packing, I remember looking at my cordless drill and thinking, "Do I need to take this?" and deciding not to (and I brought three boxes of tools).

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
I know I tried real hard after I spoke with Kevin Saturday. Andre Shoumatoff had a large pattern knuckle, but no arm. The Llama had both knuckles intact after the roll-over, but it had some kind of funky hi-steer setup. Dead end. We asked all over both Spanish Trail and KOA, but it was tough. A lot of people had left or were leaving. If it had happened Thursday or Friday I'm sure there would have been more parts and tool resources available. It would be way cool if we could plan for some contingincies for situations like this. I know I may try and find some spare knuckles and hardware now, for myself, because of this.

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Kevin, was the knuckle kit useful in the repair job?

Obviously Saturday was too late but Kevin Kuhn richly deserved the 8-ball. Glad to hear he made it home okay. And THANK YOU for helping him out. That was way above and beyond, but as you wrote, that's what we are about. I would have been happy to help out if it weren't for my own mechanical issues. I am looking at an engine rebuild right now, but fortunately Matt (Lewis) and I limped home under our own power.

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Rzeppa said:
Kevin, was the knuckle kit useful in the repair job?

Obviously Saturday was too late but Kevin Kuhn richly deserved the 8-ball. Glad to hear he made it home okay. And THANK YOU for helping him out. That was way above and beyond, but as you wrote, that's what we are about. I would have been happy to help out if it weren't for my own mechanical issues. I am looking at an engine rebuild right now, but fortunately Matt (Lewis) and I limped home under our own power.

Yes, we did use it Jeff, THANK YOU! It will all be replaced, that I can promise! :thumb:

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
wesintl said:
I don't think any RS member really broke did they? :confused:
fuel issues, electrical issues, clutch issues and a new alternator.... :(

i don't think the 40 will ever see utah again

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
Damn it, now I feel even worse, I knew I should have gone back up. I went around camp to find out if everything went ok before I left. The last I heard is the knuckle we found didn't work becasue the studs were 12mm but the pattern wasn't correct. Maybe a small pattern knuckle was drilled out for larger studs? Kim was heading back up with a drill to drill out the steering arm and that should have been it. I asked around in camp for your number Kevin because it didn't come across when you called and couldn't find it. Robbie's wife had it so I left her a message. We tried you on the CB on both channel 7 and 4. I wasn't sure what to do and I feel really bad about not going back up to check. If you felt let down by me, I won't let it happen again. I have been on the other end before and I know how it feels.

Last edited:

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
treerootCO said:
Damn it, now I feel even worse, I knew I should have gone back up. I went around camp to find out if everything went ok before I left. The last I heard is the knuckle we found didn't work becasue the studs were 12mm but the pattern wasn't correct. Maybe a small pattern knuckle was drilled out for larger studs? Kim was heading back up with a drill to drill out the steering arm and that should have been it. I asked around in camp for your number Kevin because it didn't come across when you called and couldn't find it. Robbie's wife had it so I left her a message. We tried you on the CB on both channel 7 and 4. I wasn't sure what to do and I feel really bad about not going back up to check. If you felt let down by me, I won't let it happen again. I have been on the other end before and I know how it feels.

I typed a huge response including play by play of Saturday. It didn't get posted and locked up my comp this morning when I tried to send it. Bummer! I will retype soon as I owe it to all after voicing my frustrations so vaguely. NO Mike, you did not let me down....in fact you went above and beyond as I knew you would! I have to get to work now but I will attempt later to clean up what I started. NO ONE LET ME DOWN personally! I will clarify later. Hopefully this posts..... :rolleyes:

Kipper

Hard Core 4+
Romer said:
Nathanial Miller on Wipeout

Is that a for sale sign in the window? Nathaniel, did you get your truck fixed and rolling smoothly? I kept my spare around all week, and felt bad when Dan called me as I was rolling over Vail pass Saturday afternoon saying that you needed one. :eek:

...time for that rear disk brake conversion

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
Uncle Ben said:
I typed a huge response including play by play of Saturday. It didn't get posted and locked up my comp this morning when I tried to send it. Bummer! I will retype soon as I owe it to all after voicing my frustrations so vaguely. NO Mike, you did not let me down....in fact you went above and beyond as I knew you would! I have to get to work now but I will attempt later to clean up what I started. NO ONE LET ME DOWN personally! I will clarify later. Hopefully this posts..... :rolleyes:

Uncle Ben, talked with Ben(whome had the spare). Give me a call when you get a chance :beer: