• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Moab

Chris

Hard Core 4+
Hey Drew-

It was fun follwing you on Fins & Things. We had a bit of camera trouble but still got some good ones of you.

I'm sure Barb's happy nobody was able to see or hear her as she watched you fade from view in front of us. :lmao:

You've got a PM :)

Rezarf said:
Chris-

I have a lot of good pics of you, send me your email and I will shoot them over sometime this week. Actually, send your mailing address and I will just burn them on a CD for you.

Barbs face coming off the diving board when Jeff spotted us at the bottom is PRICELESS!

..."are there any kids around?"

:lmao:

Drew

Last edited:
Well, that sure was fun!

I got ZERO pics!!! I suck at the photo-journaling!

Thanks for a great week folks. That was so much better than any stinking EJS trip I have made!

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
check out the Poison Spider gallery for videos of Ben, Gary, and Bobzooki driving down the wedgie..

Also see the Kane Creek gallery for footage of the Purpletaco getting up the waterfall obstacle, and you can see Voodoogirl in her FJ driving up an obstacle on Fins . Be sure to see Wes put on a clinic as he pilots his BJ70 up the waterfall on Kane Creek .. very well done. :cheers:

Last edited:

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
I'm going to organize my photos & video too but Wipe-Out Hill was a highlight and since Tim got me down safely :bowdown: here is a great shot of him:

Attachments

• CM 2006 Tim on Wipe-Out Hill.JPG
    CM 2006 Tim on Wipe-Out Hill.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 1,512

Rezarf

Hard Core 4+
Here are some of Chris and Barb in Emily...

Great driving Chris, you really handled that long stock vehicle well! :cheers:

One funny thing was, I could always tell when you made it off an obstacle by the scraping noise! :D

Rezarf

Hard Core 4+
Romer with ROD driving on fins... our lunch spot on metal masher... and one of my 40 on metal masher... and a sweet pic of two fjcruisers on Fins.

Thanks so much you guys and gals who put this on, this was my first ever TLCA event and I will be back next year for sure!

Attachments

• 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 1,490
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 1,492
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 1,504
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 1,521

Rezarf

Hard Core 4+
Our fearless and very cool leader on Fins 'n Things... Mr. Zepp... thanks so much Jeff you helped us have a great day!

My buddy Isaac climbing at Fins with Romer in the background, I cant believe I could stick that well to the rocks it is amazing!

Peter and then Eric at Rock Chucker on Metal Masher... they both made it! It was really sweet to see those lumbering 80's climb like big horn sheep...

Attachments

• 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 1,486
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 1,500
  • 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 1,486
  • 10.JPG
    10.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 1,560

Rezarf

Hard Core 4+
A view of the ledge on Metal Masher... yep that is a road down there on the right... the little white squiggly line, and I was like :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

The ride home over Vail Pass... ahh desert in the morning, snow before lunch... its good to be alive!

Drew

Attachments

• 12.JPG
    12.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 1,482
  • 13.JPG
    13.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 1,489

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
Nice pics Drew!!

Rezarf

Hard Core 4+
Thanks Chris!

I was never close enough to you to get some shots of your 55 on masher... sorry bout that.

Thanks so much for leading and letting us play on every little rock we passed by!

Great folks and great event!

Drew

Well, for my first Cruise Moab Id have to say it was a success by all accounts. We had an awesome time all three days of wheeling and an equally fun time making friends and eating Ramen back at the camp. Did Fins n things on Thursday, Cliff Hanger on Friday and Kane Creek on Saturday. Only had to pull out the strap once on Friday over the first section after the creek crossing. I thing Green Machine really enjoyed pulling me out of that mess, but thats another story. :) Otherwise made it thhrough everything succesfully. I did manage to realingn my front end a bit slamming into 18" steps with the 33s, but nothing a little Hysteer kit cant repair. Cant thank our club enough for all the hard work put into making this event a success. Look forward to next year and I will post my pics as soon as possible.

I just wanted to take a minute and thank you guys for putting on once again, the premier event for us LC junkies. I enjoyed the wheeling and everyones company. We will be in your area this summer and will need a fix again, so be ready.
Gary and family.

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
waggoner5 said:
I just wanted to take a minute and thank you guys for putting on once again, the premier event for us LC junkies. I enjoyed the wheeling and everyones company. We will be in your area this summer and will need a fix again, so be ready.
Gary and family.
only if you have a crappy rusty bezel :D

Three Wheel Ben

Trail Ready
waggoner5 said:
Gary and family.

Madi will be glad to hear that

ben

wesintl

RS Moderator
nuclearlemon said:
only if you have a crappy rusty bezel :D

Speaking of which are there pics?

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
waggoner5 said:
Gary and family.
You're quite welcome, and we always love having you, Kelly and Shelby! Don't forget, the Rally is August 20th, and we'll be hosting trail runs Saturday the 19th.

Happy cruisin'!

Rezarf

Hard Core 4+
Attention Chris!

Chris-

I have tried 4 times to reply to your PM, my computer freezes each time. I will get you the photos in Friday... that is when my hard copies come back from the developer.

I would love any shots you have of me on Fins...

you can send them to me at

Thanks man!

Last edited:

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Big Blue FJ made it home!

Just got a call from Kevin. He made it home to Alberta about 4am this morning! He's OK and luckily has streak of bad luck was confined to Moab Rim! He wanted to thank all for everything and he'll post on the forum when he gets a chance. :thumb: :wav: