Moab

bigbluefj

Honorary Canuck Member
long side axle's

i brought a rear axle with me because of seeing what matt did to his last year i thought i should bring that just in case but i broke everything i didn't have so i have a new parts list for next year stuff to bring with me to cm07 i will start collecting very soon ...

kevin (bigbluefj)

Beater

Hard Core 4+
well good thing came of all the breakage this year. I have been given permission to get a mobile welder!

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
[Napoleon] Gooosssh.... luckeeeeeeee!!!!

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
subzali said:
Let's see, two 60 series rears (long side right?) have broken recently, and Farr broke which side last year? Was that long side too?

Mine was long side too, on a 40 (shorter long side than a 60 axle). I figure I did 90% of the damage hammering my 40 on the Father's Day Spring Creek run two years ago, and finished stressing it to the point of breakage in Moab last year.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
I figure I did 90% of the damage hammering my 40 on the Father's Day Spring Creek run two years ago, and finished stressing it to the point of breakage in Moab last year.

Wasn't that the same run where you broke your spring pin in front, that had to be fixed prior to that year's night run? A lot of us are happy you've made the switch to coils & full floaters.. :D :lmao:

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Yeah, I really pushed the 40 that year. I needed lower gears and bigger tires to do the stuff that I wanted to do (not that I let that stop me). Now that the 80 is built to a similar point as my 40, I figure I can start going bigger on the 40, and make it a true trail-dedicated rig. I wonder how far back I need to move the rear axle to fit a Marlin Toybox? :D

wesintl

RS Moderator
I'd be interested in your t-case :)

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
wesintl said:
I'd be interested in your t-case :)

Unless I did an Orion, I'd still be using it. I'd love to have the dual sticks.

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Hulk said:
Unless I did an Orion, I'd still be using it.
Orions require using many of the parts from your current t-case. Front and rear output shafts, nose cone, inspection covers, and either PTO gear or spacer. Their online catalog says that as of July 2005 they will be offering complete Orions, but they are nowhere to be found in the price list - vaporware like the original Orion :)

wesintl

RS Moderator
Hulk said:
Unless I did an Orion, I'd still be using it. I'd love to have the dual sticks.

we'll i didn't know if you wanted the marks gears and the marlin. I've heard that it limits your low range options. you'd be real low all the time. I have a good case + $

bigbluefj

Honorary Canuck Member
moab pic's with truck working

here's a few shot's of the truck when it was working also a few other's

Last edited:

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
Rzeppa said:
Orions require using many of the parts from your current t-case. Front and rear output shafts, nose cone, inspection covers, and either PTO gear or spacer. Their online catalog says that as of July 2005 they will be offering complete Orions, but they are nowhere to be found in the price list - vaporware like the original Orion :)

Except, does't Matt have a split t-case? If so, I think he'd need an older one. Either a 3-speed or 4-speed case, just for the gears. They seemed to have had more problems with the 3-speed guts from what I've heard. :blah: :hill:

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Shark Bait said:
Except, does't Matt have a split t-case? If so, I think he'd need an older one. Either a 3-speed or 4-speed case, just for the gears. They seemed to have had more problems with the 3-speed guts from what I've heard. :blah: :hill:
Indeed he does, but according to the AA web site, they are saying that his parts will work with the Orion. And yes, I heard of a lot of problems with the Orion popping out of gear on the early units. Hopefully they've got those early bugs worked out by now. But the gears are supplied with the Orion kit, only the output shafts and nose cone are re-used, along with a few other bits.

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
The neutral issue has been resolved.