• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Ghost Town Run, July 23rd-25th 2021

SteveH

Hard Core 4+
I know it's late in the game, but my daughter won't be able to make this run with me, and that was at least half the fun. So, I'm sadly going to bail out and open up a spot for another. This looks like a great run - I have elk hunted in Creede and found some various odd mine ruins. Thanks for your work on this, Perry!

fyffer

Rising Sun Member
As for doing a second group? Open. Should have enough goodies for you guys......
Returning from a Ouray trip along that time frame, what channel to monitor? Like to hook up if possible but do not want to interfere, as I didn't sign up.

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
So as we will be doing a 14er in memory of our two 4-legged friends who went over the rainbow bridge way too early and within 6 weeks of each other this spring, we will be set up closer to Lake City. We stil plan on making a trek to visit you guys during one of the days! As we are killing 2 birds with one stone, we may be limited to just tagging along one day, but depending on how our hike goes and timing, we may setup in basecamp one night.

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
I know it's late in the game, but my daughter won't be able to make this run with me, and that was at least half the fun. So, I'm sadly going to bail out and open up a spot for another. This looks like a great run - I have elk hunted in Creede and found some various odd mine ruins. Thanks for your work on this, Perry!

Ah bummer Steve! Was looking forward to hanging out with you guys again!

Returning from a Ouray trip along that time frame, what channel to monitor? Like to hook up if possible but do not want to interfere, as I didn't sign up.

Either be on 146.460 or147.420 depending on interference from the space station. Your welcome to come by camp.

So as we will be doing a 14er in memory of our two 4-legged friends who went over the rainbow bridge way too early and within 6 weeks of each other this spring, we will be set up closer to Lake City. We stil plan on making a trek to visit you guys during one of the days! As we are killing 2 birds with one stone, we may be limited to just tagging along one day, but depending on how our hike goes and timing, we may setup in basecamp one night.

Looking forward to hanging out with you guys again! (#42 Poblano Stout please!).

Will update list.

:beer::beer:

RossM

Rising Sun Member
Hey gang,

Has this run been confirmed "trailer friendly" with a base camp we will plan to operate out of? I'd like to know how to best plan and appreciate your help and input.

Ross

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
We're going to stay in Alamosa on Thursday night so we can have dinner and enjoy the local breweries. Where is the meetup place on Friday morning?

Beach Boy

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
After a great trip up to the Black Hills for the Dakota Cruiser Rally, unfortunately my Cruiser needs some work before using again. Therefore I hate to bale this late in the game, I just hope someone else will be able to go. Till next year.

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
Hey gang,

Has this run been confirmed "trailer friendly" with a base camp we will plan to operate out of? I'd like to know how to best plan and appreciate your help and input.

Ross

Ross,

Base camp looks to be trailer friendly (going off views from Google Earth).

We're going to stay in Alamosa on Thursday night so we can have dinner and enjoy the local breweries. Where is the meetup place on Friday morning?

Lets plan to meet up at the Creede Historical Society Museum and Library at 9;30am on Friday the 23rd.

After a great trip up to the Black Hills for the Dakota Cruiser Rally, unfortunately my Cruiser needs some work before using again. Therefore I hate to bale this late in the game, I just hope someone else will be able to go. Till next year.

Bummer Brian! Able to make it out at all in the 4runner?

:beer::beer:

Beach Boy

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
4Runner in the shop.

rover67

Rising Sun Member
We’re gonna drive the camper down on the tundra and wheel the 80. Me Allison and Mila (3.5yo) with both dogs. Plan to try and roll in Thursday evening.

Shuksan

Rising Sun Member
We are hoping to leave Denver early afternoon. Slow travels with the kids (1 and 4 YO). Looking forward to it.

RayRay27

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
We're leaving late morning Thursday and should be down there around 3 or 4. We're going to go to the first gps coordinate area first and see if anyone gets there before us. I'll be on 146.460 KE0VMQ, and I can be reached on my Garmin InReach at 12016496911 if there are any other InReach users.

rover67

Rising Sun Member
We'll be on 146.460 also. glad to see some other young un's are comin'

Shuksan

Rising Sun Member
We're leaving late morning Thursday and should be down there around 3 or 4. We're going to go to the first gps coordinate area first and see if anyone gets there before us. I'll be on 146.460 KE0VMQ, and I can be reached on my Garmin InReach at 12016496911 if there are any other InReach users.
Also on inreach and will be on 146.460

Did you know if you send messages to the XXXX@inreach.garmin.com address for a person than inreach to inreach messages are free. For example mine is: michelb247@inreach.garmin.com .

RayRay27

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee

rover67

Rising Sun Member
Ohhhh also... fire restrictions? yes/no? I don't think i see any yet or am I wrong..

If so, We'll bring our portable fire pit and 30lbs of propane for 3 nights of fire. If we get a few more it'll make fore a decent blaze.

If no, we'll burn wood.

3rdgen

New-ish
Looking forward to meeting up with everyone. Im leaving Chicago early tomorrow morning for Breck. As of now, planning to be at camp Thursday evening with my two boys (ages 9 & 7). My truck will have the IL license plates. 😁

-Dan

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
We we will be heading down Thursday (unsure what time yet) and plan to head to the listed GPS campsite

dan1554

RS Moderator
Staff member
I'll be heading down as soon as I can get off work on Thurs. Hopefully I get in no later than 10. Im also showing no fire restrictions in the area, and weather looks consistently wet.

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Ohhhh also... fire restrictions? yes/no? I don't think i see any yet or am I wrong..

If so, We'll bring our portable fire pit and 30lbs of propane for 3 nights of fire. If we get a few more it'll make fore a decent blaze.

If no, we'll burn wood.
Mineral County currently has no restrictions. The counties around Mineral of Gunnison, Hinsdale and Archuleta do. Rio Grande, Saguache and Conejos do not.