• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Ghost Town Run, July 23rd-25th 2021

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Looking forward to hanging out with you guys again! (#42 Poblano Stout please!).

Will update list.

:beer::beer:
As it goes with being a small business owner (esp in this day and age--thanks COVID), we don't have enough staff to cover shifts at the brewpub this weekend so Andrea and the kids and I will not be able to leave town until Sunday early. This is a very disappointing thing. However--as I was already going to bring some libations with us to share (thanks to all the RS support we have always seen at the brewpub!), the next best thing would be to send it with Ross so you all can toast one for us in camp!

Just FYI--nobody is sick or has COVID, we're just still trying to keep struggling against the low amount of labor everyone is experiencing and balancing it with the great amount of customers continuing to come in! So in many ways it is a very good thing to be busy, but the brakes become how it directy affects us to do things like our beloved GTR!

...and yes, Perry. Some #42 Poblano Stout should make its way into the cooler... :lol:

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
Thank you for the info. First camping trip for my two boys. Not sure if camping 3 nights would be one to many and if it would be better to just camp 2 nights. We stay in the Breck area. So leaving early on Friday to get there by 9am shouldnt be to much of an issue given that we will still be on the central time zone. I'll see how they are doing after the drive from Chicago on that Wednesday.

Hopefully a smooth drive for you guys! Look forward to having you along.

4Runner in the shop.

Dang.

We’re gonna drive the camper down on the tundra and wheel the 80. Me Allison and Mila (3.5yo) with both dogs. Plan to try and roll in Thursday evening.

We are hoping to leave Denver early afternoon. Slow travels with the kids (1 and 4 YO). Looking forward to it.

Awesome guys!

We're leaving late morning Thursday and should be down there around 3 or 4. We're going to go to the first gps coordinate area first and see if anyone gets there before us. I'll be on 146.460 KE0VMQ, and I can be reached on my Garmin InReach at 12016496911 if there are any other InReach users.

Sweet! Hopefully you can save us that spot! These are the ones I have posted on the first page: 106°46'51.4"W 37°47'29.9"N (just to double check:) ).

As it goes with being a small business owner (esp in this day and age--thanks COVID), we don't have enough staff to cover shifts at the brewpub this weekend so Andrea and the kids and I will not be able to leave town until Sunday early. This is a very disappointing thing. However--as I was already going to bring some libations with us to share (thanks to all the RS support we have always seen at the brewpub!), the next best thing would be to send it with Ross so you all can toast one for us in camp!

Just FYI--nobody is sick or has COVID, we're just still trying to keep struggling against the low amount of labor everyone is experiencing and balancing it with the great amount of customers continuing to come in! So in many ways it is a very good thing to be busy, but the brakes become how it directy affects us to do things like our beloved GTR!

...and yes, Perry. Some #42 Poblano Stout should make its way into the cooler... :lol:

Well awesome you guys are keeping buys! But bummed you won't be joining us this time! The beer will be much appreciated!

Will post an updated list.

bh4rnnr

I may be in, need to see how much I can get done on the cruiser. I'm not super invested in going, so if anyone really wants to go, I'd be happy to give up my spot.

Just wanted to check in and see how things are looking for you and the run?

bh4rnnr

Last edited:

lars

RS Moderator
Staff member
Im going to have to pass on this one and it's killing me. Going to be in PA closing on Rosemarys moms estate. Creede is an awesome area. You guys are going to have a great time.

Sean Solo

Rising Sun Member
FYI- If there is anybody that did not make the list and wants to hit some dirt this weekend, I am heading up a Rimrocker Trail trip. Will not be as good as the Ghost Town run but it is something to do. Just look in the Four Wheel Staging area of the forum for the Rimrocker Trail thread.

Shuksan

Rising Sun Member
FYI, the mountains got some decent rain yesterday and as a result there's been a few roads closed due to mudslides and flooding. In San Juan County (Cement Creek/CR 110 out of Silverton), San Miguel County (Black Bear Pass) and Ouray County (Imogene Pass).
I mean the slides aren't good, but rain pretty much anywhere west of the divide is good news

FireMike

Rising Sun Member
Perry, Just an FYI, I am on the waiting list and it's looking like I won't be available Friday so I'll give up on even waiting, thanks and have a great trip everyone!!!!

Hants

Rising Sun Member
Perry - I'm free the weekend and would love to come along, if there are enough late cancels.

I'll PM you my cell, in case a spot opens up.

:beer:

Danger Noodle

Trail Ready
Just wanted to check in and see how things are looking for you and the run?

I think I'm out for this one, I need to get my rig finished for SAS 5. Thank you, though!

bh4rnnr

Im going to have to pass on this one and it's killing me. Going to be in PA closing on Rosemarys moms estate. Creede is an awesome area. You guys are going to have a great time.

Bummer man! Hope the closing goes well! Well catch up the next round.

Perry, Just an FYI, I am on the waiting list and it's looking like I won't be available Friday so I'll give up on even waiting, thanks and have a great trip everyone!!!!

Mike, Sorry you cant make it (even if you were on the waiting list)

Perry - I'm free the weekend and would love to come along, if there are enough late cancels.

I'll PM you my cell, in case a spot opens up.

:beer:

Updating the current list, but looks like you snuck in!

I think I'm out for this one, I need to get my rig finished for SAS 5. Thank you, though!

Bummer man!

Hopefully we can hangout on the next outing!

bh4rnnr

kurtnkegger

Rising Sun Member
Taking the 81 for this shindig, perhaps going to try and sleep inside....pretty makeshift, but going to try...we won’t get there until late, I won’ Have a radio or communications for the group. If anyone has a hand held ham or anything I could borrow once we’re there, that would be great,

Shuksan

Rising Sun Member
Taking the 81 for this shindig, perhaps going to try and sleep inside....pretty makeshift, but going to try...we won’t get there until late, I won’ Have a radio or communications for the group. If anyone has a hand held ham or anything I could borrow once we’re there, that would be great,
I've got an extra handheld.

Old40Dog

Rising Sun Member
Perry, Thanks for bumping me up onto the attendee list. Unfortunately, I've been so focused on house stuff I'm not prepared to go on this run. Hopefully, someone can take our spot. Dave

Telly

Rising Sun Member
I was so far down the waiting list I went ahead and made reservations a couple weeks ago to camp with the fam this weekend. Bummer I can't attend but at least I'll still get out for the weekend. Thanks anyway!

3rdgen

New-ish
If I’m reading the posts correctly, a campfire will be permitted. Do we need firewood? There are a couple downed trees around my parents property that haven’t been cut up yet. I’m assuming it would be a group campfire.

Coyote

Stoked we made the attending list, less than stoked that I can’t pull it together in time to make it happen this year.
I should have been prepping all along in anticipation to get the invite last minute but I didn’t haha —will have to be next year!! Please add me to the 2022 attending list :) have fun y’all’s and don’t get too scared by all those ghosts!

rover67

Rising Sun Member
Yeah I think fire is a go legally speaking... we should use common sense tho. Also, a positive is that it will also rain (good for wildfire risk) so bring cover and rain jackets. We’re bringing an EZ-up and our portable fire pit so we can have fire under cover if we decide that makes sense.

Last edited: