• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Cruise Moab Pre-Run 2023

what date works the best for the Cruise Moab pre run?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hants

Rising Sun Member
Caroline reminded me that I have a commitment on Thursday evening. I won’t be coming out until Friday.

I should know by then which trails I’ll be leading. If a new one, I’d like to pre-run it on Saturday.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Hey all, Is this just for leader training, or do you need some people to lead? If so, I could try and make it out and let yall do some leading for me.
Please come along! Its per-running for trail conditions and familiarization, training/refreshing, AND BRILLIANT IDEA that some folks are along to remind leaders HOW to lead
Question: What time is "early Friday AM"? (and, same for Saturday morning) Just that I've been with groups that are packed and ready to go at 0700 and other groups that need a full English breakfast, coffee, shower, press their kakis and wash their truck and ready to go by 1000am.

Just curious based on your experience and expectations what time we'll be heading out each morning.....(I pre-starch my kakis at home).

Thanks!
Depends, are you cooking breakfast?

I think quick breakfasts and coffee and wheels up 8:00 AM? Maybe 9 Sunday?

BritKLR

Rising Sun Member
Please come along! Its per-running for trail conditions and familiarization, training/refreshing, AND BRILLIANT IDEA that some folks are along to remind leaders HOW to lead

Depends, are you cooking breakfast?

I think quick breakfasts and coffee and wheels up 8:00 AM? Maybe 9 Sunday?
10-4

Thanks.

bassguyry

Commander + Cruise Moab Chairman
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Hey all! I'm late to the game, but I've cleared my schedule and plan on heading out to Moab on Friday, 3/17. I plan to meet up with the group at wherever ya'll decide to camp Friday night (I plan on hitting the road 10-11AM on Friday).

What trails is everyone planning on running on Saturday? I'm not leading any trails in CM (though I am gunning a few), but I'm hoping you'll make an exception for the CM Committee Chairman. I pick horrible lines, drive like a moron, and am endlessly attached to IFS trucks...but I'm lots of fun to drink beer with, and I might bring a guitar for live karaoke on Friday/Saturday night. ;)

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
hoping you'll make an exception for the CM Committee Chairman.
The Chairmen always lead the Friday PM Snipe Hunt and Saturday night Jackalope tracking.
Glad you can make it.

bassguyry

Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
The Chairmen always lead the Friday PM Snipe Hunt and Saturday night Jackalope tracking.
Glad you can make it.
Good thing I'm an expert snipe hunter and Jackalope tracker. Are we not tracking/hunting Sasquatch this time around? That would be disappointing if not.

😬

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Good thing I'm an expert snipe hunter and Jackalope tracker. Are we not tracking/hunting Sasquatch this time around? That would be disappointing if not.

😬
:ROFLMAO: Everyone know Sasquatch lives in the forest not the desert! :ROFLMAO:

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
:ROFLMAO: Everyone know Sasquatch lives in the forest not the desert! :ROFLMAO:

It even survived the fire!

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
Anyone run a fat 200 on Metal Masher? Trying to decide if mirror gulch will be an issue.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Anyone run a fat 200 on Metal Masher? Trying to decide if mirror gulch will be an issue.

We are developing a nice list of trails to pre-run. Friday and Saturday we'll have an ambitious goal to pre-run two trails. That is, if @Old40Dog needs to pre-run TOW and @timmbuck2 needs to pre-run Metal Masher, both are northside trails we can try to do TOW first then jet over to MM.

FlatIron Mesa is south side and great to run Saturday OR an early Sunday AM run.

I'm leading/gunning Hells 2x and fins this year and we can also easily do both in a day if anyone needs to. I don't need to pre-run those but maybe someone else does.

Continue to add on trails you want to pre-run.

bassguyry

Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I'd definitely like to pre-run TOW, since I'm gunning it.

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
If nobody wants to run Metal Masher, I can run it before CM. I will be out there a week early. I like to run my trails I am leading one more time before CM just in case there have been any changes, issues, etc.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
I'd definitely like to pre-run TOW, since I'm gunning it.
yup
If nobody wants to run Metal Masher, I can run it before CM. I will be out there a week early. I like to run my trails I am leading one more time before CM just in case there have been any changes, issues, etc.
If you are saying you will run it again just before Cruise Moab, that factors into what the group chooses. So far the list is short.
I love Metal Masher. One of the first trails I ever did in my 80 and I have not in years. Its a north side trail we could combine with others in that area.

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
One of my faves, too! First trail I ever drove in Moab, with Cheeseman riding shotgun and and telling me all I was doing wrong! 😁 I have led it a couple of times but it has been a few years, and never run it in my 200. I'd love to run it next weekend if we have the time. If not, I can run it later. Thanks!

bassguyry

Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Hey @Inukshuk - can you share details on where you plan to camp Friday night?

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Hey @Inukshuk - can you share details on where you plan to camp Friday night?
There are established sites off Behind the Rocks Road in this area. 38.41722850860651, -109.47119185654746
Access is a graded county road.
Other fun things here too.

bassguyry

Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Perfect, thanks!