• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Cruise Moab Pre-Run 2023

what date works the best for the Cruise Moab pre run?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
We are setting up the Cruise Moab Pre-Run for 2023

This trip purpose is to pre-run trails in Moab that you want to lead during Cruise Moab and improve your leadership skills
Timeframe is potentially March depending on everyone's schedule.

Post up if you are interested and what trails you would need to pre-run

We are also need leaders to guide this trip and help educate the others

More details will be posted as they develop
:risingsun

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member

jps8460

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Yee yee

MonPetiteShoe

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Interested AF.

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
pending finances, we might be in.

BritKLR

Rising Sun Member

This trip purpose is to pre-run trails in Moab that you want to lead during Cruise Moab and improve your leadership skills

Quick question since I've not done one of these pre-runs before.

How many days does this typically run?
Are people camping each night or grabbing hotels?
Is there a source for the trails typically used by CM so I can research them?

And, any senior members have any suggestions/advice that would help someone that hasn't done this before?

Thanks!

NotyourmomsWife

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Quick question since I've not done one of these pre-runs before.

How many days does this typically run?
Are people camping each night or grabbing hotels?
Is there a source for the trails typically used by CM so I can research them?

And, any senior members have any suggestions/advice that would help someone that hasn't done this before?

Thanks!
@BritKLR , I have the triallist for CM2023, it has NOT been finalized yet or released yet, I will hopefully be finalizing it by this coming weekend.

BritKLR

Rising Sun Member
@BritKLR , I have the triallist for CM2023, it has NOT been finalized yet or released yet, I will hopefully be finalizing it by this coming weekend.
Lisa-

Thank you! This would be very helpful! Appreciate it.

NotyourmomsWife

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee

Thanks @DomOfTheDead for putting this together. Once I have the trail list finalized I can post it up here for folks wanting to do the prerun!

That being said If you are wanting to be a CM2023 Trail Leader, I HIGHLY Recommend attending this pre-run and the Trail Leader Training if you like as well.

Last edited:

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
The CM Trail Leader Pre-Run works best when people take it seriously. Not so serious that we don't have fun, but mostly that we have a schedule, function as a group, work together, and share knowledge, and experiences. By day its largely about learning the trails. Also at each obstacle also talk about how to support your group.. (Hint, that does not meant spot every rig). In the evenings gather at a campfire and talk trail leading. Not just drink. Not go to a restaurant where we can't talk. Personally, dispersed camping is best because we are focused. Though that is somewhat challenging in the Moab area. Still, I know places. Probably many of us do.

If the schedule works, I propose the day before the trip I lead us to Moab with one day and night along Kokopelli between Rabbit Valley and Dewey Bridge! We'll do a modified route, move fast, and do in one day what CM does in two.

Last edited:

BritKLR

Rising Sun Member
The CM Trail Leader Pre-Run works best when people take it seriously. Not so serious that we don't have fun, but mostly that we have a schedule, function as a group, work together, and share knowledge, and experiences. By day its largely about learning the. Also at each obstacle also talk about how to support your group.. (Hint, that does not meant spot every rig). In the evenings gather at a campfire and talk trail leading. Not just drink. Not go to a restaurant where we can't talk. Personally, dispersed camping is best because we are focused. Though that is somewhat challenging in the Moab area. Still, I know places. Probably many of us do.

If the schedule works, I propose the day before the trip I lead us to Moab with one day and night along Kokopelli between Rabbit Valley and Dewey Bridge! We'll do a modified route, move fast, and do in one day what CM does in two.

Great info and very helpful regarding mindset and goals.

BTW, isn't Kokopelli where your RS mugshot photo came from......I seem to recall. ;-)

Last edited:

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
Great post Daniel, and the way we used to do it! I am in for sure. I have led many times at CM, mainly Metal Masher, Poison Spider, and Dome Plateau, but can lead most other trails, Looking forward to it!

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Dates, and potentially seat availability (80 is still down), I would love to attend... even if it's "camp cook"!
We know who is teaching the Trail Triage section! Good to see you post!

Stuckinthe80s

Rising Sun Member
Staff member

Stuckinthe80s

Rising Sun Member
Staff member
I’m potentially down like Downtown Julie Brown! Maybe I can actually get the 80 done in time! 😉

If I can make it, I can partner up with someone to be a trail buddy if necessary. I probably won’t be at CM this year but can help maximize the trail opportunities for people to do a dry run/refresher during this run. I figure if we have at least two trucks on each trail, that allows for a situation that someone can learn a given trail with a partner and not be by themselves.

BC9392

Rising Sun Member
Based on info posted I am very interested. Also depends on dates for pre-run.

I will be signed up as soon as opens for CM2023

As to staying in moab - if your not camping and want cheap & clean check out lazy lizard hostile