Cruise Moab 2012

MountainGoat

Club Treasurer
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
How'd those door seals hold up Dan K.? Hopefully your 80 didn't look like Martin's 40.

Dry as a bone. I got a little worried when the water started coming over the hood, but what are you gonna do, back up? I think not. :hill:

dan1554

RS Moderator
Staff member
Those night shots are great Dan! Is that when you were out messing around with the tripod?

Thanks! Was able to pull myself away from the fire and whiskey just long enough to snap a few.

CardinalFJ60

Rising Sun Member
Hey Vince!

I looked for ya' and asked around if you were coming...sorry that we didn't get a chance to catch up. "Once and Outlaw, always and Outlaw" :cool:;)

I'll hit ya' on PM...you coming out this way in the summer?? (horseback riding, camping etc...July? June?)

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Hey Shawn, you got some pictures that haven't been put online yet? Todd want stuff for an article for Toyota Trails, and I just know some of those shots need your byline. "Specially Anny the hula gurl" shots...

:cheers:

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
here's a quick video of crossing the delores...(1000cfs)
Behind the reef or L'il wildhorse (can't remember which is which now)

What's with the cowbell?

Some Hotel Rock shots. Daniel driving, Jacket busting some moves (aka spotting).

Please e-mail me full sized. they are great!

Hey Shawn, you got some pictures that haven't been put online yet? Todd want stuff for an article for Toyota Trails, and I just know some of those shots need your byline. "Specially Anny the hula gurl" shots...:cheers:

I think Jeff has a crush.... :eek:

Had a great time this year. With the shop training day and leading the trail on friday I didn't get any pics until the unofficial run on Hellderado on sat.

IMG_2844-vi.jpg

IMG_2848-vi.jpg

IMG_2856-vi.jpg

IMG_2878-vi.jpg

All of my pics from CM12: http://public.fotki.com/mrboyle/explorer_4x4_trips/cruise-moab-2012/

Thanks again to everyone that worked so hard to pull off another great event. Already looking forward to next year.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Whose 40 is that- the pic between Meanie and the SFA 4Runner.. I was checking that out at dinner for a bit, really nice stuff.

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
Ok I'm back. Now that I've had a break and the Moab hangover is gone. I had a great time. Lots of work of course.

On Wed. I took a new comer to Moab in a well built FJC (Shannon) up Moab Rim. It was is his first run and he did well with me spotting him. Permanent smile from he and his wife. We found the 1/4 mile long Indian Art near the rim via a hike near the other spur road that Neil had been telling me about. That was cool.

Thursday I gunned for Dave K. on Elephant Hill. I hadn’t run that before so that was scenic. I had a bunch of good conversations with a guy that later told me his name was Eric Vogt (former TLCA EVP and old school Moab participant). That was interesting.

Friday I led Hells Revenge. I was a bit sluggish thanks to a good time the previous night with Randy’s whiskey and fire. It was a quick and uneventful run without being able to run Hells gate, the hot tubs and escalator. We got to watch Gary W. and his group run Escalator. Gary put his LC on his side trying to get up and Montana Joe had to winch to get up since he got twisted.

Sat. I led the Golden Spike. I had 7 rigs from the Gotham City Cruisers on the run plus other experienced guys. They were a lot of fun and everyone but one person had HAM radios. They even had an extra handheld for the 1 person without so so he could listen in. So it was great being able to leave the CB alone. I followed the new well marked paint through a difficult spot up a narrow canyon to the top of slickrock and quickly realized that wasn’t the correct route. Many got body damage getting through. There was no turning around and going back down would have a bad option. I later discovered that was the new trail system “Where Eagles Dare”. So I had the group split up. But, since we were able to communicate with the Hams we were all able to find a way back together and re-group. But, it set us back a hour or so. Either way that was my fault. I should have pre-run it again this year. We all had a blast on the rest of the trail and we were out about 6:30pm. A long day of course.

It was impressive to see so many people make it out from all over North America. Many of these people had been wanting to make it to the event for years and were finally able to get their rig ready, schedule the time, complete all the necessary planning and make the trip a reality.

It was also impressive to see all the support and enthusiasm from many of the Toyota vendors in the business showing up and wanting to be part of the event and with a desire to more a part of the event in the future.

It’s quite an event we have built up over the years and I was proud to part of it.

I wasn't in picture taking mode. But, here are a few from Moab Rim, Elephant Hill and the face on the Spike.

Attachments

• IMG_1152 (Small).JPG
    IMG_1152 (Small).JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 494
  • IMG_1166 (Small).JPG
    IMG_1166 (Small).JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 479
  • IMG_1171 (Small).JPG
    IMG_1171 (Small).JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 490
  • IMG_1202 (Small).JPG
    IMG_1202 (Small).JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 490

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Whose 40 is that- the pic between Meanie and the SFA 4Runner.. I was checking that out at dinner for a bit, really nice stuff.

Robb Ruthledge. It's a Twisted Customs built buggy with FJ-45 skins.

farnhamstj

Hard Core 4+
I got to drive this rig for a minute. It was really neat being back in my old truck. Do I miss it? Not so much.

Attachments

• GOPR0152.jpg
    GOPR0152.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 575

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Thursday I gunned for Dave K. on Elephant Hill. I hadn’t run that before so that was scenic. I had a bunch of good conversations with a guy that later told me his name was Eric Vogt (former TLCA EVP and old school Moab participant). That was interesting.

I'm really glad you finally got to run E-Hill and also got to meet Eric. Eric's really good peeps and a good friend. Sorry I missed seeing him, I didn't know he was at the event this year.

pmccumber

Hard Core 4+
Awesome story!

Enigma

Thank you Rising Sun for hosting such an awesome event. I will be back, probably not next year as we are planning for Rubithon again, but soon. And with the family next time.

The girls and myself had a great time again this year and apprreciate all the work the committee did this year making the event happen. Thursday we had the chance to lead Poison Spider and Sara was my gunner. Friday we gunned Porcupine for Corbet and Saturday we did the Durago outlaw run down Hey Joe Canyon. Meet some great folks again this year and hope to see them return again next year.

Attachments

• SANY0355.jpg
    SANY0355.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 451
  • SANY0334.jpg
    SANY0334.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 462
  • SANY0262.jpg
    SANY0262.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 461
  • SANY0240.jpg
    SANY0240.jpg