Cruise Moab 2012

I like that last one. Spring Canyon and Hey Joe Canyon were a lot of fun despite the vegetation. :D

Part of Sara's Mother's Day was a medium cut cleaner and then a wax polish both with sander/polisher in an attempt to limit the tamarisk pin strips from trail. Really a fun trail though a lot different the other trails we have done in Moab.

TIMZTOY

Hard Core 4+
these are my votes for the calander...

Attachments

• calander 1.jpg
    calander 1.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 506
  • calander2.jpg
    calander2.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 511
  • calander3.jpg
    calander3.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 503
  • calander4.jpg
    calander4.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 501

RockRunner

Hard Core 4+
Nice picks of the pics Tim!

dan1554

RS Moderator
Staff member
Just got pics off of Daniel (M)'s computer, found a couple of keepers from Blue Notch:

blue-notch-nighttime.jpg

blue-notch-campsite-night.jpg

dan1554

RS Moderator
Staff member
Where is this? I assume its open camping????

Blue notch, and it is indeed open camping, ranger knew we were there, dues paid, all kosher. But since the question has been posted, and I can't offer an explanation for wherever the photo may wander on the open internet, I feel it is best to yoink it.

rover67

Rising Sun Member
What'd I miss?

We were totally legit down there. As long as you are below the historical high water line you can camp wherever. There aren't even any developed camp sites in that area and it is marked as a camp ground on the map.

We were camped we were waaaay below historical high water mark.

so what picture was it? you've got me curious...

I was just curious where it was. I am heading to Moab tomorrow morning. I would love to camp in that area sometime. I just had no clue where that pic was taken is all.

I wasn't implying anything either. I dig the site you guys had and want to use it.

How cold was the water? Worth swimming or too cold?

Jacket

RS Moderator
Staff member
It was cold, but very comfortable for swimming. Nice rocks to jump off.

If you search for "Blue Notch Canyon" with Google, you'll find some information on it. The road is about 12 miles south of Hite, UT, and is about a 15 mile dirt road to the water's edge.

rover67

Rising Sun Member
The water was chilly but very nice once you were in it for a while, it is probably super good now. I bet even warm.

Tons of Stripers too, big schools of them near the cliffs.

One thing to note is the water will be higher, so everything will look different. Part of the fun is the fat that it changes all the time down there due to the water level rising and dropping.

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Call for photos: I have written an article for Toyota Trails. If anyone reading this has photos that haven't been shared in the general public, please let me know. Preferably of Chicken Corner Thursday, Fins Friday and Wipeout Saturday.

CardinalFJ60

Rising Sun Member
you've got pm

I sent you a link for flickr, you should be able to download from there. if not, let me know your email and I'll send jpg and raw(.nef)

Call for photos: I have written an article for Toyota Trails. If anyone reading this has photos that haven't been shared in the general public, please let me know. Preferably of Chicken Corner Thursday, Fins Friday and Wipeout Saturday.

PM Sent.