Chinaman's Gulch Club Run, Sat. April 1st

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Red_Chili said:
Ooo... Mayhaps did I strike an arc?
The gap betwixt the rock slider and body seam reveals either frame flex or fabricator error, but I know the fabricator and that cannot be it...
or perhaps a cheapie camera but I doubt that too.

That was in the design....snow and water run right off that way! :lmao: :p:

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
treerootCO said:
Well crap...I took the truck apart and ran into a fab issue with the fenders. I might not make the run now.... :(

"Don't need no stinkin' fenders!" :cheers:

Nay

Hard Core 4+
Romer said:
Is the longer wheel base of an 80 better or the shorter wheel base of the 40 for this trail.

The major optional obstacles will favor the 80's wheelbase (although we're gonna be wishing we had more than OME to try some of those lines). Some of the tight trail sections between obstacles will favor the 40 in a big (well, small) way.

Old Chinaman's is pretty rocky throughout...2.5 hours each way and 6 hours on the trail and your backside will appreciate the 80 for sure :D

Beater

Hard Core 4+
Red_Chili said:
Ooo... Mayhaps did I strike an arc?
The gap betwixt the rock slider and body seam reveals either frame flex or fabricator error, but I know the fabricator and that cannot be it...
or perhaps a cheapie camera but I doubt that too.

no bill, just your lack of diversity.

The sills on the rr classic where that way from the factory. The sliders are actually sitting right on the chassis. That's the original body stilling in that gap. According to LR, that line was done to help break up the boxiness of the body.

Kipper

Hard Core 4+
treerootCO said:
Well crap...I took the truck apart and ran into a fab issue with the fenders. I might not make the run now.... :(

How's it looking Mike? do you need me to come by tonight and help get her back together with my *superior fabrication skills?

*"superior fabrication skills" is a relative term, in this case, based on ability to drink beer, run grinder, and give b.s. advice.

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
I'll be in the driveway and I can always use the help. I have to work tonight so I'll probably get some sleep as soon as the sun starts to go down. I'm off to wheel the compost pile :D Nutley is right, I need to check the clearance before I weld it up.

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
Does anyone have an extra seat? My moms wants to go Saturday and my friend Ian is going already. I am going to trailer the 40 down there so plenty of room in the Tahoe but, only 1 extra seat in the 40.

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
treerootCO said:
Does anyone have an extra seat? My moms wants to go Saturday and my friend Ian is going already. I am going to trailer the 40 down there so plenty of room in the Tahoe but, only 1 extra seat in the 40.

I'll be in the 80 so sure. Daughter # 2 is considering it and Brendan Lally might go down with me also but hey its a wagon...plenty of room for more! ;) :thumb:

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
We'll also be hauling a couple of Toyota execs. They don't want to hog the seats in the FJs (those are for us). :D

I told Brandon that we'd have plenty of empty seats.

I'm bringing the 40.

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
ok, I'll call my mom in the morning. :)

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
My Dad will be riding shotgun. But, I'll take out the car seat's from the rear of my runner for others.

I assume the FJ's will have CB radio's?

Uncle Ben and Green Machine will be mid and tail gunners. Three times and your out on the big obstacles.

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
green machine said:
no bill, just your lack of diversity.
Oh, yeah. Ubiquitous misperception found in the left-of-center crowd....

Oh, you meant since I'm a Toy guy (and recovering Ford owner) I've never owned a RR. OK. I admit to learning from the mistakes of others without having to make them myself....
:eek: DOH! :rolleyes:

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
JadeRunner said:
Uncle Ben and Green Machine will be mid and tail gunners. Three times and your out on the big obstacles.

Well put. Lets all make it happen. I am planning on going, BTW.

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Justin and I are planning to come. Justin needs to slam a clutch in his truck first.

Huh. I have gotten over 150K miles regularly out of my Toy clutches, and his dies at 80K. Whut dat boy bin doin'?

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
wesintl said:
I think i'm in.. Hey, I mean if a bunch of stock jeeps can do this trail so can a bunch of stockers.

http://www.mhjcontherocks.com/Community/Trips/189.aspx

Which one of your fleet will be your choice? Does this free up my passenger seat for another victim?

Looks like I won't be trying the left side...
vBigUp.JPG

Yikes!

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Weather update.....looks like the difficulty rating will be going up!

Attachments

• BV-weather.jpg
    BV-weather.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 248

farnhamstj

Hard Core 4+
There are 3 of us driving down from Vail. We're meeting at the US Forest service station (hwy24&I70) at 7 am, See the rest of you in Buena Vista.