• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Chinaman's Gulch Club Run, Sat. April 1st

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
Date: Sat. April 1st. 2006

Meeting Place: Gunsmoke Truckstop in Johnson Village

Time: Meet at 9:30 leave at 10:00 am

Channel 4

The trailhead is about 2 hrs. or so from Denver, so be prepared to leave early. The meeting spot is a very close to the trail so we can air down at the Gunsmoke and be ready to go. Here is a link to more info on the trail and it's location on traildamage.com link
and a link to a trail report from our last run there. Rising Sun Trail Report

This is moderate to difficult trail with lot's of optional challenges on the rock obstacles. Sliders recommended for most vehicles. Bring a lunch and let's have some more fun on this exicting trail.

Last edited:

Beater

Hard Core 4+
HELL Yeah!
This is probably my favorite trail in CO. ( and not just for the margs at the coyote cafe after) The more difficult lines were always tight in the rover, so I can't wait to see what this big pig will do...

Scott, I'll run mid or tail if you need.

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
I think I can make this one too...woo hooo! Like John I would be happy to gun for ya. :cheers:

Hmmmmm after trail margs huh.... :fing: :cheers:

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
Thanks guy's, it will be nice to have your big 80's keeping the smaller rigs in line. :)

I have yet to see an 80 take the big line on whale rock. You guys should be able too with yoru long wheel base and front locker. Michael Aaron was close, but backed off after a few scary attempts. We has a 3rd gen runner do it again last summer.

Beater

Hard Core 4+
JadeRunner said:
Thanks guy's, it will be nice to have your big 80's keeping the smaller rigs in line. :)

I have yet to see an 80 take the big line on whale rock. You guys should be able too with yoru long wheel base and front locker. Michael Aaron was close, but backed off after a few scary attempts. We has a 3rd gen runner do it again last summer.

you meen the left side? I don't know, I would think that the 80 has too long a butt for that side, plus, I am only on 35's. I tried it with 100" wb and 33" and I drug butt.

j

Convert

Hard Core 4+
Allright I'll be there. This should be a great run

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
Planning on being there. Probably just ride along, see how things play out... Any body talk with the Proffitt crew see if they would be up for comming??

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
I hope to be there. My 40 needs some work...

Nay

Hard Core 4+
Quick intro from a newbie...I picked up a 1995 80 in September and am looking to meet other cruiser owners and actually hit the trails in this pig. It has 2.5" OME and 33" trxus, sliders, skids, lockers, :blah: :blah: :blah: . No flares...no frilly stuff...

I've run Chinaman's a bunch of times in my old Cherokee, and it's one of my favorite trails. This will be a nice primer to get used to the 80 before a late April birthday trip to Moab. Need to feel just how big this thing is on a trail with good optional obstacles...Chinaman's is perfect.

Question: do I need to be an official club member to join on this run? :bowdown:

Thanks!
Nay

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
Nay said:
Question: do I need to be an official club member to join on this run? :bowdown:

Thanks!
Nay

Welcome Nay! We would be happy to have you join us on this great trail. Look forward to meeting you.

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Nay said:
Quick intro from a newbie...I picked up a 1995 80 in September and am looking to meet other cruiser owners and actually hit the trails in this pig. It has 2.5" OME and 33" trxus, sliders, skids, lockers, :blah: :blah: :blah: . No flares...no frilly stuff...

I've run Chinaman's a bunch of times in my old Cherokee, and it's one of my favorite trails. This will be a nice primer to get used to the 80 before a late April birthday trip to Moab. Need to feel just how big this thing is on a trail with good optional obstacles...Chinaman's is perfect.

Thanks!
Nay

Welcome Nay!
Actually it's the other way around. To become a member you have to be on a club run or event and make it to a meeting, then you can be voted in. :)

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
Uncle Ben said:
Welcome Nay!
Actually it's the other way around. To become a member you have to be on a club run or event and make it to a meeting, then you can be voted in. :)

New members have to buy the :beer: :beer: :beer: (either that or bring pitchers to the aftermeeting) :hill:

Nay

Hard Core 4+
Thanks for the welcome. Looking forward to meeting everybody...

:beer: :beer: :beer:

Nay

Evrgrnmtnman

Trail Ready
Good Chance I'll make this run. Never done it, so it sounds like some fun to get the season kicked off!

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
Evrgrnmtnman said:
Good Chance I'll make this run. Never done it, so it sounds like some fun to get the season kicked off!

Sounds good CJ. We havn't heard from you in a while.

Evrgrnmtnman

Trail Ready
Still out here! Been fixing some leaks on the rig and getting it ready to wheel.......

I'm planning on making this run too...it's been too long since I took the 80 out for some fun. No lockers though, will this be a problem?

Chris

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
El Jefe said:
I'm planning on making this run too...it's been too long since I took the 80 out for some fun. No lockers though, will this be a problem?

Chris

As long as you have at least 33's and sliders you will be ok. It will require some carefull driving skills on the tight spots with your 80. You should enjoy the challenge.