Bender - The Silver 60

Capriblue45

Rising Sun Member
Curious where you got the new underhood insulation. Mine is in dire need of replacement.

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
Curious where you got the new underhood insulation. Mine is in dire need of replacement.
Still available from Toyota. The online places charge you shipping, so ordering it from a local dealership will probably end up being cheaper. Don’t forget the 19 plastic push rivets. I need to pull mine down and put some glue on the support ribs - I’ve noticed a few pieces falling out.

KC Masterpiece

Hard Core 4+
I can ask Jason. He does lots of 60s and seems he keeps lots of items in stock. I dont recall it being an outrageous price when I got the invoice.

fyffer

Rising Sun Member
Still available from Toyota. The online places charge you shipping, so ordering it from a local dealership will probably end up being cheaper. Don’t forget the 19 plastic push rivets. I need to pull mine down and put some glue on the support ribs - I’ve noticed a few pieces falling ou
Get the 80 series rivets, works just fine and cheaper, to my recollection.

KC Masterpiece

Hard Core 4+
Sweet! Looks like they have a bunch of cruisers in the works. You left it in good hands.

Hope to see it in person someday on the trail. 60's Only or a Relic Run maybe?
Definitely hope to get it out this summer. We already have almost every weekend of the year booked. Training, weddings, and races.

He had quite a few cruisers when I dropped it off. An 80, a few finished 60s, and a few 40s. They just got a new shop to have a dust free environment for the final touches. Ill snap some photos of everything they have when I pickup.

KC Masterpiece

Hard Core 4+
Not much work going on. Final electrical check. Interested in what is going on with the tailight wiring.

Emblems are waiting to go on until after the final polish and ceramic coat application.

I am ready to get the cruiser back so I can start doing some work. Front axle rebuild kit is sitting on the shelf. Still working through my sound deadening options.

IMG_2690.jpg
IMG_2716.jpg
IMG_2684.jpg
IMG_2686.jpg

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
Possibly the last. Dave indicated he would have a large price increase if they decided to do another run. This one was the shop test fit model at Manafre.

I think it looks good with the ARB up front. Classic styling.
Yep, a few months ago he posted on Mud that he’s closing up. I got a u-bolt flip kit for my 60 before they’re gone.

KC Masterpiece

Hard Core 4+
Finally got ahead on house chores. Bug fired right up after sitting since xmas. Brought her in the garage for a cleanup. Looks like this paint will respond really well to some buffing.

20240204_134701.jpg
20240204_135915.jpg

Update. Half of one side buffed out nice! Single stage is so easy to clean up. Amber hates the patina but I love it.

20240204_160615.jpg
20240204_160621.jpg

Last edited:

60wag

Rising Sun Member
Your 60 looks great! Why do they sand it after it is fully assembled?