Bender - The Silver 60

KC Masterpiece

Hard Core 4+
Look at that paint shine! They finished up buffing today!

IMG_3847.jpg
IMG_3842.jpg
IMG_3861.jpg

KC Masterpiece

Hard Core 4+
Finished!

Nothing left but a little cleaning. Really excited to get the truck back to begin stage 2 where I work with my hands instead of my wallet. I am so glad we kept this truck in Silver.

I had Jason take off the factory sound deadening on the interior since it was seperating in a few spots. It was on my list but he mentioned he had a special air chisel tool and made fast work of it.

IMG_3926.jpg
IMG_3905.jpg
IMG_3952.jpg
IMG_3946.jpg
IMG_3924.jpg
IMG_3963.jpg
IMG_3961.jpg
IMG_3958.jpg

IMG_3959.jpg
IMG_3960.jpg

So stoked. Im going to cry like a child the first time this one gets scratches.

Last edited:

Capriblue45

Rising Sun Member
The 60 looks beautiful, hope to be able to see it in person someday.

rover67

Rising Sun Member
Yeah that thing is awesome, crazy how fast they got it done, and the volume of photos is also impressive and pretty great too. Super fun to watch.

KC Masterpiece

Hard Core 4+
Last two weeks have been pretty minimal to no work. Jason is finishing 3 up at the same time and wants to do a group photo shoot before they head home.

Slowly gathering additional parts for the rest of the build. Including this unicorn bit of non US goodness. If you know, you know.

Mud provides!

IMG_1331.jpeg

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
So did you try it out? I tried out the original jack that came with my '78 '45 when I got stuck high centered on Dan Silbaugh's property getting some firewood and found it serviceable but really difficult. It worked, lifting the weight of the truck off the stump I was high centered on, but certainly more difficult than a modern hydraulic jack.

KC Masterpiece

Hard Core 4+
So did you try it out? I tried out the original jack that came with my '78 '45 when I got stuck high centered on Dan Silbaugh's property getting some firewood and found it serviceable but really difficult. It worked, lifting the weight of the truck off the stump I was high centered on, but certainly more difficult than a modern hydraulic jack.
I have not. The 60 is not home yet. I have used the 80 bottle a few times before. 60 seems pretty similar? It works fine but I have not tried it under load. Did you just have issues due to the nature of the design?

If I am out having fun I am always bringing a high lift as well.

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Yes, due to the nature of the design, pumping a hydraulic jack is easier than rotating the handle of the stock jack. That said, also by nature of the design, it can not compress as hydraulic fluid leaking past an o-ring can.

I also carry a high lift in both of my wheeling rigs, but not the 45. I just remembered I did use it one other time when we were doing a work project with CUSP down in the Hayman burn area, I got a gash in my sidewall and had to put the spare on. The jack works, it's just harder to operate than a standard hydraulic bottle jack.

KC Masterpiece

Hard Core 4+
Apparently it was not buffed enough.

IMG_6264.jpg
IMG_6266.jpg
IMG_6265.jpg
IMG_6270.jpg

I think ceramic coating will be done today and thats it.

In other news the timing is perfect. In November 2018 we got out current dog, Talisker. We actually picked him up from the breeder same day we got the 80. Signed over the title and headed right there.

IMG_20181222_143517.jpg

Now he is in his prime at 5 years.
20231128_070647.jpg
IMG_20181222_113813.jpg

Happy news we have another puppy coming home on April 21st. That should give me enough time to get the 60 sound deadening and interior items done. Just in time to go get one of these guys.

Maggie (1).jpeg

Need a name for this new guy. Keeping with the theme im looking for a scotch distillery for a namsake. Goldens are a Scottish breed after all. Macallan is high on the list right now.

KC Masterpiece

Hard Core 4+
Last edited:

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I might have to have them do the rust repair in my chevelle when I get to that point.