• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Argentine Pass - June 25th! Official Club Run

MonPetiteShoe

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Bring the Frogtoggs and Galoshes.
Awning was killer in the sun, let's see how it works in the rain.

-On a more irritating note, we may not be able to make this one. We're going to have to play it by ear whether we make it up Friday, Saturday, or not at all.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
I think it's rained on us at least a little bit pretty much every year we do this run... sounds like we may get a little more this time though? Awesome, I'll leave the Cruiser without any top or doors at home this time, take one with intermittent wipers.. Good reminder to bring adequate clothing for cold/wet weather- real shoes, rain jacket, hat, gloves.

And another reminder to bring basic gear as well that you should have on every run- like real shoes, pants, work gloves, lots of water and extra food. Sunscreen, maybe some bug spray, oh and extra water. Also for this one a trash bag is a great addition, but we'll have those to distribute also so don't make a special trip to the store for that. You could also bring small brush trimmers, clippers, etc. if you want to trim a little bit of the brush by the stream as you drive through... you can bring a bow saw also but we probably won't need it. Don't bring a chain saw.

I'll see everyone bright and early on Saturday, gonna skip camping in the rain this year to watch the Avs game. For the group camping just come down and meet up at the same spot on Saturday... or at the least send a delegate to let us know who else is up there, you can join us as we drive by if you need more time.

MATPHAT

Lifted
Hey all. Did the pass yesterday and can report that everything looks good minus one beetle kill pine on the edge of the trail that is pretty small and the fence as others have stated.

Cruiserman

Wincher
Unfortunately, something has come up last minute and I am having to bow out of this one.
Hopefully next time.

MonPetiteShoe

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Alright, Sara and I are fully committed. We'll be heading up Friday afternoon with an anticipated arrival between 4pm and 7pm. Our prime spot will def be the one @nakman mentioned on Page 3. We may flex on that location if weirdos without LC's are there.

We'll be monitoring CH 22 on GMRS intermittently. (HAM is coming, but still a ways out.)
We've got a big ol' awning if there are wayward souls looking to stay dry. See you all out there.

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
gonna skip camping in the rain this year to watch the Avs game.
yeah buddy me too :) they will win the cup today.

Against my recommendation, we went to a wedding on my wife's side over the weekend. Seems like there was quite a Covid Outbreak amongst her family and with everyone we spent time with Sunday at the Wedding. We both felt fine and went to an official testing station Wednesday and came back Negative.

Today I am starting to feel as ,my daughter says, Blerg. I understand the incubation period is 2-14 days.

I really wanted to make this run, but thinking it is best to play it safe

NotyourmomsWife

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Is anyone making just a day trip Saturday for this?

NotyourmomsWife

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I might need to catch a ride back to the trail head with someone who has an empty seat. I’m meeting a friend to run it with but she’s not doing the whole thing. Won’t know for sure until tomorrow. So if anyone has an extra seat I can snag on the way back down I’d greatly appreciate it!

Shuksan

Rising Sun Member
Unfortunately I don't think Harry and I are going to make it. Just been super busy with work and we are leaving for a long family camping trip to Steamboat lake next Thursday. Still a chance we'll run up Saturday morning for a 1/2 day.

joltman

Rising Sun Member
We plan to do a day run. It'll be great to get out there.

NotyourmomsWife

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee

MountainGoat

Club Treasurer
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
We are heading up shortly. Camping in the rain anybody? :)

On the RX

Rising Sun Member
If you don't see me at the lot, look for me in the rearview. Slowly motivating this morning🐢💨

KC Masterpiece

Hard Core 4+
I'm parked at the meet up area. Going for a jog. Green 80 with the RTT if people are looking for the spot.

Beautiful day.

simps80

Rising Sun Member
Work called on the way to the trailhead..
Have fun up there and stay dry

Have to bail out. :( Have to take care of some stuff at work.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee