Argentine Pass - June 25th! Official Club Run

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
@Mrs Hulk and I are planning to be there for camping + cleanup.

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
We will be there for clean up,
Got my transmission back so I'll be installing it since this weekend.

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Tim @nakman , what are you thinking of camping. Debating on camping with the Kimberley, It does Off road. Wondering if you are planning on setting up someplace half way up

maxpowerzz

Trail Ready
Hoping to camp Friday and come on the run with the 62 if we get it squared away. If the 62 can't come can a stock LX on 33s with atrac do the trail? Are there things I can do to help with the trail cleanup with a bad back? If Ann comes with me her work ethic more than makes up for mine ;)

On the RX

Rising Sun Member
How bad is your back? There are plenty of camp sites that we pick up trash from. I'm not sure what all we are planning on doing up there, it could be winching rocks into or out of the way, to repairing fence, replacing signage, ect. I have previously herniated a lower disc and have to be aware of proper lifting. My 4runner has 33s and I have no issues up there.

On the RX

Rising Sun Member
Tim @nakman , what are you thinking of camping. Debating on camping with the Kimberley, It does Off road. Wondering if you are planning on setting up someplace half way up
I am keeping my fingers crossed for one of those spots next to the stream on the lower road😉

fyffer

Rising Sun Member
I'm pretty sure you will see me there as well, will do my darnest.

maxpowerzz

Trail Ready
How bad is your back? There are plenty of camp sites that we pick up trash from. I'm not sure what all we are planning on doing up there, it could be winching rocks into or out of the way, to repairing fence, replacing signage, ect. I have previously herniated a lower disc and have to be aware of proper lifting. My 4runner has 33s and I have no issues up there.
Same here, I have 3 herniated discs in my lower back, it sucks. I can pick up trash, just no big rocks.

WVU fan

Rising Sun Member
Saturday opened up so I plan to attend for the cleanup and bringing my 2 younger kids.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Meet up time and place?
Hey all, so let's meet at 08:30 on Saturday Morning at the Silverdale Trailhead. 1967 Guanella Pass Rd, Georgetown, CO 80444
39.68793440275582, -105.69965445940872

This is the little parking lot on the left, just before you get to those last couple switchbacks before the turn-off to the trail. Here's a picture:
argentine_start.jpg

Reason being is it's generally an absolute cluster up at the turn-off to the trail, and we often wind up interfering with other traffic on the pass, etc. so let's just get off the road as we gather and figure out who's going where. Reminder this is probably an hour and a half from your house, especially if you have to get gas & coffee on the way. So please plan accordingly. For those camping the night before, no need to all run back down, feel free to send a delegate if you wish. Just communicate with us on radios, be ready to join the group sometime after 9:00.

Let's try 146.460 ham, and FRS 22 on the little guys for our default channels. As groups split up they can decide their own coms. Post up your questions!

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Most likely going to try for one of the spots really close to the bottom of the trail, as it makes is easier to run back down to meet everyone else in the morning. You could definitely get your Kimberly up there, though it'll scrape on a few branches being up so high. I've drug a popup camper & 3 motorcycles up there before... a little slow going but it was fine, I only had to stop once to put one of the motorcycles back on :hill:

If you wanted to find a different spot further up totally cool, we can just communicate on the radios on Saturday. The best spots IMO are all along the lower road, but that gets kinda tight/difficult with a trailer your size...

this is the spot we camped at last year on Friday night, will aim for the same spot again and hope it's not occupied...
campsite.jpg

campsite should look like this when you get there... presuming @MonPetiteShoe takes the same spot
IMG_4363.jpg

Last edited:

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Most likely going to try for one of the spots really close to the bottom of the trail, as it makes is easier to run back down to meet everyone else in the morning. You could definitely get your Kimberly up there, though it'll scrape on a few branches being up so high. I've drug a popup camper & 3 motorcycles up there before... a little slow going but it was fine, I only had to stop once to put one of the motorcycles back on :hill:

If you wanted to find a different spot further up totally cool, we can just communicate on the radios on Saturday. The best spots IMO are all along the lower road, but that gets kinda tight/difficult with a trailer your size...
thanks Tim, all put together the Kimberley close in height to my 200, or are you talking about set up. I have taken my Kimberley deep offroad with no issues, just big obstacles is what I look to avoid

Would we leave camp set up or would my camper be alone while we are working
2A3D7FE7-B130-46D2-8C3D-9B57D986C7B7.jpg
41447942_10212745311923751_6531827907759702016_o.jpg
DSC02687.JPG
IMG_5564A.jpg

Planner1

Rising Sun Member
Nate and I are leaving in. Will meet everyone on Saturday morning

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
@Romer there are no big obstacles, just rocks, and it can be a little tight. Up to you on Saturday, easiest though would be to leave the camper behind and grab it on your way back down, I wouldn't be surprised if some others get left behind also.

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
yeah, I wouldnt take it up to the work site, was asking about leaving it there. Sorry for all the questions, not 100 % sure If I can make camping due to Grandparent duty but will be there for work party at a minimum.