• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Argentine Pass - June 25th! Official Club Run

simps80

Rising Sun Member
There are some cool spots in the power line part just after the lower creek crossing too

I am planning on making it as of now hopefully work doesn’t crap on me

Lastresort576

Hard Core 4+
ran the trail yesterday, but only to Waldorf mine. it seemed to be in overall pretty good shape(went the lower way up the river). I did notice that some of the fencing at the mine broke or was intentionally knocked down. It was chilly trying to do a cook out up there when the storm moved in.

Attachments

• E2FB8878-3976-48C6-B5C9-80C72536150E.jpeg
    E2FB8878-3976-48C6-B5C9-80C72536150E.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 101

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
ran the trail yesterday, but only to Waldorf mine. it seemed to be in overall pretty good shape(went the lower way up the river). I did notice that some of the fencing at the mine broke or was intentionally knocked down. It was chilly trying to do a cook out up there when the storm moved in.
Hey thanks for the heads up on the fencing! that's likely to make the to do list here.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I was planning to bring my small off-road trailer so we can load it with trash. It's been a few years since I ran Argentine -- is this a good idea or is it too tight to bring it with? I can shorten the tongue on the trail.

IMG_4680.JPG

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
@Hulk not too tight, you can get that anywhere. @Old40Dog used to drag his all around that place, even to his favorite spot between the creek crossings on the lower road, which is the spot @simps80 mentioned.

However, it's likely totally unnecessary for trash purposes... unless @Lastresort576 left a couch up there or something. :)

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
@Hulk not too tight, you can get that anywhere. @Old40Dog used to drag his all around that place, even to his favorite spot between the creek crossings on the lower road, which is the spot @simps80 mentioned.

However, it's likely totally unnecessary for trash purposes... unless @Lastresort576 left a couch up there or something. :)

OK, thanks! Mine is the same form factor as @Old40Dog since we built them together. I mounted Charlie's RTT on the top of it, so I will bring it regardless of whether we need it for trash.

fyffer

Rising Sun Member
Coming. Been looking for a member I can not find, to return a Long side rear axle for a 60 (Prosise). If someone could give me an address,Tel# or such or willing to get it to them, as I'm bringing it. Let me know, please.
Thanks Mike

KC Masterpiece

Hard Core 4+
Coming. Been looking for a member I can not find, to return a Long side rear axle for a 60 (Prosise). If someone could give me an address,Tel# or such or willing to get it to them, as I'm bringing it. Let me know, please.
Thanks Mike

I am 90% sure I can be there and would be happy to bring that axle to @rckhound

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
Dang, this is shaping up to be a great run.

I'll instead be at a wedding at the St. Julian. Wee.

Thanks for putting this together Tim!

:beer::beer:

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Well unfortunately we won't make it. Still need to install the rebuilt trans into the 80, and the 4Runner needs to much attention. (n)☹️

NotyourmomsWife

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
We are out unfortunately, we were going to take the 4Runner as the LC currently doesn’t not have a transmission in it but turns out it’s needs some front end work done before we can wheel it 😭super bummed

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
We are out unfortunately, we were going to take the 4Runner as the LC currently doesn’t not have a transmission in it but turns out it’s needs some front end work done before we can wheel it 😭super bummed
take the Highlander?

AimCOTaco

Cruise Moab Committee
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I thought after you drove my 100 last month you'd be driving your new 200 by now!? :ROFLMAO:

I'm in for Argentine on Saturday, still working on the camping plans but I'm looking forward to a great club trail day!

NotyourmomsWife

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I might be back in! Lol possibly riding shotgun with a friend.

Last edited:

NotyourmomsWife

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I thought after you drove my 100 last month you'd be driving your new 200 by now!? :ROFLMAO:

I'm in for Argentine on Saturday, still working on the camping plans but I'm looking forward to a great club trail day!
I think I'm going to keep the 4Runner and build it out some more, orrrrr possibly looking at a taco perhaps??? I don't know what the he!! I want lol

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Went to the top of the pass yesterday. Agreed about the knocked over fencing at mine. Probably a few trees can be cleared from trail edges. Otherwise it was good driving and that was in my mostly stock 2007.

IMG_1310.jpgIMG_1321.jpg

KC Masterpiece

Hard Core 4+
Thinking I might bring the pickup on this one if I have time to fix the exhaust.

Was going to do that yesterday after rotors on the 100 but my dreams were shattered when I realized they aren't free floating and you have to pull the hub.

Planner1

Rising Sun Member
Is anyone following the weather forecast? Looks like there’s a pretty good chance for it to be unpleasant.

Weather.gov forecast is for snow all day at Guanella Pass and high of 45 degrees. I think we will not be joining unless the forecast improves.

Last edited:

On the RX

Rising Sun Member
Good chance of rain and thunderstorms forcasted for all weekend at Georgetown. I have rain gear 👍🏻