Another Red Cone run Sunday?

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Feeler - not 100% I can make it, but if anybody has missed Red Cone so far this year and wants to do it, I'm contemplating it. I've been trying to do Red Cone for the past 3 years or so and keep getting skunked. Thinking Red Cone, Radical Hill, and SOB hill, exiting out over Georgia Pass and Jefferson. Need to be back in Denver by 4 or so so would need to keep the pace going.

Not sure how many more weekends we will have of successful Red Cone weather, but I will be bringing the 80 with heated seats :guapo:

Doughboy

Rising Sun Member
@damon, @stusic and i did it last Sunday and there was a far amount of traffic. We ended up opting out of radical hill because it looked like 15 rigs or so going into each other.

damon

Vice Commander
Cruise Moab Committee
@damon, @stusic and i did it last Sunday and there was a far amount of traffic. We ended up opting out of radical hill because it looked like 15 rigs or so going into each other.
Absolutely. I would highly recommend bringing binoculars to scout from Webster Pass, and being agile on what trails you escape on. Also, if you plan to be back to Denver by 4PM, leave your house at 6AM.

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Had a great day. Left Lakewood at 8:30 got back right at 5 after doing red cone, radical hill, middle swan, SOB hill, and Georgia pass. 285 traffic sucked. I was aiming to get back by 4 so was boogying pretty hard to get to Georgia pass and took out a sidewall. Anyone have 285/75/16 Cooper XLTs with about half tread? But that slowed me down even more. Dang

SOB was an SOB. It took all the lockers to get through with no damage. Would have been more appropriate to have been in the 40 instead of the 80. Oh well.