• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Welding Class Info

VoodooBlue_Vixen

Rising Sun Member
I've been looking into welding classes. If there ends up being a day the club goes as a group, I'd be in. I have a nice Lincoln mig & have done some fabrication, but some official training would be really nice to get.

COToycoma

Rock Stacker
Incase anyone needs motivation, I signed up for the 1/2 day MIG class in the afternoon of April 27. I took the 1/2 day class about a year ago to get me going and thought it was a great class. Wanted to take the full day but couldn't fit it in my schedule; I know the 1/2 day has enough instruction/practice to make it worth taking again.

teamextreme

Incase anyone needs motivation, I signed up for the 1/2 day MIG class in the afternoon of April 27. I took the 1/2 day class about a year ago to get me going and thought it was a great class. Wanted to take the full day but couldn't fit it in my schedule; I know the 1/2 day has enough instruction/practice to make it worth taking again.
What location? Denver doesn't list any classes that day. I've been looking for a half day MIG class in Denver and they don't seem to offer them anymore. Colorado Springs offers them, but not Denver.

VoodooBlue_Vixen

Rising Sun Member
Unfortunately I have an event I'm running that day. 🥺

Squishy!

Rising Sun Member
Would there be interest in us teaching a small group 1/2 day class?

MonPetiteShoe

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I think you would have to beat people away with a stick. I'd be in.

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
No stick would keep me away!

COToycoma

Rock Stacker
What location? Denver doesn't list any classes that day. I've been looking for a half day MIG class in Denver and they don't seem to offer them anymore. Colorado Springs offers them, but not Denver.
I found it when I went to Registar - it doesn't show it in the calendar, but if you select 1/2 day MIG and select in Denver the 1/2 Day Mig is avalable in the afternoon 4/27

COToycoma

Rock Stacker
Well that was this original post - trying to get a Rising Sun specific class put together but the cost was A LOT more than just signing up so I think the thought of a specific class petered-out.
Are you asking if I would do a 1/2 day class for members? If so, the answer is unfortenetly no. However, if someone needs something easy welded and wants to learn while I help them/do it the answer is a big YES I would absolutely do that.