Welder for a small job...

Joined
Aug 1, 2026
Messages
82
Location
Lakewood
Any recommendations for a welder in the west denver or lakewood area's? I tried the search function here and didn't really find anything.

I just need some spacer adapters welded into my spindles. Tack/spot welding was recommended by the manufacturer but I wouldn't mind a few beads just for extra safety. So it's just a small quick job.

Thanks in advance for any help.

20260812_144849.jpg

20260812_144855.jpg
 

Notyourmomslx450

GIG 'EM GILL
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Joined
Aug 4, 2014
Messages
4,454
Location
Westminster

IoN6

Rising Sun Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2019
Messages
1,449
Location
Arvada
Tacks are likely better given the base metal is cast and thin with little to no uniformity. If you do let’er rip, I would pre and post heat.
 
Joined
Aug 1, 2026
Messages
82
Location
Lakewood
Hey , thanks for all your help. The tips were spot on & after talking to some welder friends in person and it was definitely above my skill welding newb skill level. I'd rather be safe. I ended up grinding away the few millimeters of the corner/edges of the uca's that where hitting the adapters and everything is holding up after a few minor trails and jumping my 4runner a foot or two in the air.

Thanks
 

timmbuck2

Land Use Coordinator
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Joined
Oct 5, 2005
Messages
6,094
Location
Denver
Back
Top