• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

For Sale Today's Facebook Marketplace Deals

Corbet

RS Moderator
Staff member
IMG_0706.png
IMG_0704.png

Crash

Rising Sun Member

gr8fulabe

Rising Sun Member
And AFAIK even if you have dreams of sitting on it until 2032 it may not be possible to title it unless you re-export it and import it correctly. @gr8fulabe would know much more on that. It might only ever be legally a donor or farm truck.
Yeah that truck will never be street legal in the USA. That is also not a 1hz. Based on their saying it has no title, I’m guessing it was never sold titled & was a built mine rig. That means it would have been imported as either industrial equipment, or mining equipment specifically, avoiding the 25 year exemptions, but also meaning it can’t be titled for road use. If you really had to have it, you could probably find some ways to cheat a title out of the system & jump all the other hurdles after it was 25 years old. But you would be money ahead to just wait until 2032 & then buy & import a better truck. But if you wanted a rock buggy or other type of trailer queen, that would be a great start to one.

Crash

Rising Sun Member
Yeah that truck will never be street legal in the USA. That is also not a 1hz. Based on their saying it has no title, I’m guessing it was never sold titled & was a built mine rig. That means it would have been imported as either industrial equipment, or mining equipment specifically, avoiding the 25 year exemptions, but also meaning it can’t be titled for road use. If you really had to have it, you could probably find some ways to cheat a title out of the system & jump all the other hurdles after it was 25 years old. But you would be money ahead to just wait until 2032 & then buy & import a better truck. But if you wanted a rock buggy or other type of trailer queen, that would be a great start to one.
Reality is so unexciting. But it’s real. ☹️

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
When will you be taking delivery of yours, Ken? 😜 I remember back around 2008 asking you when you would be getting a 200, figuring you were the most likely candidate in the club to do so. As I recall, your response was that they were too expensive. We see how that ended up.
8 years later I got my 200. I think my next and likely last cruiser will be a GX550 Overtrail, if I get another vehicle. Certainly not a Ford 550

Pz10420

Trail Ready
Not a bad price...

1000010457.jpg

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Not a bad price...

View attachment 127409
Can someone with Facebook give more details? Is it just the cab skin? If there's interior what's in it, like a dash with a tach maybe? The holy grail...a pickup box?

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Can someone with Facebook give more details? Is it just the cab skin? If there's interior what's in it, like a dash with a tach maybe? The holy grail...a pickup box?
I have a 1998 toyota cab I was going to use for a rock Crawler project. Lost interest in project. I do the Title. Please see pictures. Interior is in decent shape. You will need a trailer to move. Come get it. Will not respond to is it available

409153645_7274625622584031_8641538657390479192_n.jpg

429847533_7183660875015207_3239389306542148390_n.jpg

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
This is mine. This is a CORONA, not a Corolla. FB doesn’t have Corona as an option. Selling because I have one, maybe two big projects coming up and would like to free up some cash.

F2BED748-21DA-4070-A120-067784BC4CC4.jpeg

This is a REAR WHEEL DRIVE vehicle that weighs about 2100lbs. Lots of potential for fun here. The 20R motor has 102k miles and is thoroughly milkshaked. PO must have blown the head gasket badly and kept driving. I have never had this running and really haven’t done anything with it. The body & subframe are in remarkable shape for the age with really no rust. There’s some clear coat peeling and that’s about it for cosmetics. It comes with a 22R block I picked up at the Yota Yard, a 5spd mini truck transmission and extra flywheel because I intended on getting rid of the auto transmission, and a brand new Weber 32/36. The hubcaps are inside the vehicle, I do have them. I have heard but cannot confirm that AE86 Corolla suspension is a direct fit.

PM me for inquiries. I do have a ton of messages on this already and a few people are coming to take a look today. Fair warning.

Corbet

RS Moderator
Staff member
Thanks dudes. It's well worth $0.

Hmmm, thinking about logistics. And staying married.

Once you strip out all the little interior goodies and find a place to store them that cab should make an excellent flower planter for the front lawn. Or you could convert it into a mini truck themed BBQ smoker for the back patio. This acquisition Is really for her and she should welcome it’s addition into your lives…

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
Snag_a9bae6a.png

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
Isn't that pic from the museum??