• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

For Sale Todays Craigslist Highlights...Part 3

damon

Vice Commander
Cruise Moab Committee
7 owners? Not one person loved it enough to keep it...that’s a lot of discontent and different butts in one seat 😂
maybe its next home will be it's forever home. LOL

kurtnkegger

Rising Sun Member
My son in law sent this to me. I can’t find it on FB but thought maybe someone might be interested

AF377BD3-AF2B-4788-AD53-6CE5F0EDC599.jpeg

Telly

Rising Sun Member
I'm pretty sure this is the same FJ80 that was posted in Monument last week. Looks like the seller fixed the HG and is reselling. It was posted for sale last week for $2500.

Also, 40's under this rig would have the acceleration of a tricycle.

Burt88

Trail Ready

I asked the seller about this one. He didn't mention "structural damage" in the add. But that was the response when I asked about the undercarriage.

kurtnkegger

Rising Sun Member

I asked the seller about this one. He didn't mention "structural damage" in the add. But that was the response when I asked about the undercarriage.
I looked at this one a few months ago. The photography is much nicer than the vehicle. Decent sized dents and scratches in about every quarter panel, drivers seat is thrashed, and the frame, and undercarriage is rusted. I only spent a few minutes looking at it as I drove from Arvada to look. The engine was detailed, and soaked in Armor-All. I didn't take the time to hear it run as I wasn't interested immediately after seeing him pull up in the Bank parking lot he designated as a meeting place.

He started out asking $12,000...hahaha

Shuksan

Rising Sun Member
Looking around the country for FJ45s. Not that I am able to drive across the country and trailer this back right now, but what are thoughts on this one:

cbmontgo

Hard Core 4+
Looking around the country for FJ45s. Not that I am able to drive across the country and trailer this back right now, but what are thoughts on this one:

Has to be gone by now. That looks like a great price.

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
I’d buy it if I could.

or at least take a close look at it.

Well, I was curious so I emailed through Craigslist. Here was the response:

I have attached a full set of pictures for you. Please check them. No rust or leaks.
I'm sorry for this late response but I was out of civilization and I had no internet connection. I am working offshore and I don't know when I will return because of this coronavirus. The car is located at the auto broker in Seattle, WA stored inside and ready to go. The car belonged to my father that recently passed away. He was the second owner. The car, the title, two sets of keys, manuals and some service history records is what you will get from the auto broker. I arranged for the sale right before I left, so all set on my end. I propose to close the deal through an auto broker, in the most safe and easiest way possible for both of us. Basically, it's similar to buying a car locally, the money will be sent to their holding account, and they will keep the money until you receive the car. After the car is delivered, you will have a 7 days inspection period before you decide if you wish to keep it or not. If you are serious about buying the car, I will ship it anywhere with no extra cost. If you want to move forward please contact me back so we can get the ball rolling.

Thank you and stay safe,

PS: What is your email address for faster communication?

KNS5JHb15oEpNzHBM9hHKQjW-gfEvp29O1-iWvPRPAnQzWYEMsqtuQ3z7S2IU4iI7P95VnGLi8zTUsWDDPCwxhPKqQghGkR4Tzg3HqmNfBCyaFI39m0y7soKMGeQp5VBCUjpKnBG6ZDUvn5vvQAvLqGGTzblfDf8F0bUgWvttkDZTiZtDD4Ev4EyDDW_YGeR4H0=s0-d-e1-ft

Richard Bowen
| Field Engineer at Weatherford International

It just doesn't sound right so I googled Richard Bowen and Weatherford International autofilled afterward. I found this: https://reportscam.com/nebulafreightcom

It's like the old saying, if it looks too good to be true, it probably is! :mad:

Shuksan

Rising Sun Member
I also emailed about this and got a similar response, but he didn't include info about the autobroker.

I asked for a video of startup and if it was currently registered.

Unfortunately, based on the information so far it doesn't sound legit. A little too bad, because a 45 is probably my ideal "old" cruiser and they are quite rare. On the other hand it might take some significant convincing of my wife to go through with this purchase right now.

cbmontgo

Hard Core 4+
Yep, that rig is too good to be true. Plus, it would have sold weeks ago if it were legit.

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
Yep, that rig is too good to be true. Plus, it would have sold weeks ago if it were legit.

And that is way too low a price. Should be at least twice that, if not more.

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
HA! Do people still fall for this sort of response?
I did a google search on one of the images. LOL

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
I did a google search on one of the images. LOL
I wrote back and said I could easily come up to Seattle to take a look. Here is what he said:

Hello Chris,
Because of this Coronavirus Crisis their schedule for appointments is delayed for 8 working days. I just double checked. I'm looking for a quick sale and I'm not willing to wait 8 working days to hope you will buy the car. I don't have time for this, I have a lot on my mind at this moment with the death of my father, my job, I just want to sell the car fast. If you want to secure the car I will require a fully refundable down payment of 50% to hold the car for you. All the funds will go to them and this was we both are in the safe zone.
Let me know how you want to proceed.

Thank you and stay safe,

===================

LOL. I reported it to the Federal Trade Commission: https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/

Shuksan

Rising Sun Member
I wrote back and said I could easily come up to Seattle to take a look. Here is what he said:

Hello Chris,
Because of this Coronavirus Crisis their schedule for appointments is delayed for 8 working days. I just double checked. I'm looking for a quick sale and I'm not willing to wait 8 working days to hope you will buy the car. I don't have time for this, I have a lot on my mind at this moment with the death of my father, my job, I just want to sell the car fast. If you want to secure the car I will require a fully refundable down payment of 50% to hold the car for you. All the funds will go to them and this was we both are in the safe zone.
Let me know how you want to proceed.

Thank you and stay safe,

===================

LOL. I reported it to the Federal Trade Commission: https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/
Ha I was gonna start trolling him, but you beat me to it. When I asked for more info I got the exact same response you got previously. He is in a big hurry to sell his FJ45 posted in Pittsburg for 2 months, but the rig is in Seattle and he is out of the country. Where do I sign up and send him money!

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
Ha I was gonna start trolling him, but you beat me to it. When I asked for more info I got the exact same response you got previously. He is in a big hurry to sell his FJ45 posted in Pittsburg for 2 months, but the rig is in Seattle and he is out of the country. Where do I sign up and send him money!
The CL ad is down now.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member

Burt88

Trail Ready
Decent deal if the timing belt job was done right
I looked at the description which lead me to obtain info about the secondary air injection check engine light. It's a documented repair with varying levels of frustration among the 2uz-fe community. Not a deal breaker but good info to negotiate a lower price. Considering what's currently on the market, this could be a good deal for someone.