For Sale Todays Craigslist Highlights...Part 3

stusic

Land Use Coordinator
Slightly related. If someone likes the old English sports cars, I saw (what appears to be) a pretty nice Triumph Spitfire(?) in front of the Econo Auto Sales @ Colfax & Tennyson. I want to check it out, but I don't need another car.

EDIT: not a spitfire, but another 1977 MGB. $13k

BritKLR

Rising Sun Member
Slightly related. If someone likes the old English sports cars, I saw (what appears to be) a pretty nice Triumph Spitfire(?) in front of the Econo Auto Sales @ Colfax & Tennyson. I want to check it out, but I don't need another car.

EDIT: not a spitfire, but another 1977 MGB. $13k

Like a well maintained used Cruiser, if an older British sports car has been well maintained and cared for they are actually reliable, fun, relatively inexpensive to run and not much trouble. Of course, since most were bought as inexpensive toys/weekend warriors they (like a older used LC) got the heck run out of them and never really well maintained resulting in many of the common problems they have.
I've had my TR6 for over 25 years and lived/traveled extensively with it and I still say it's as reliable as a Toyota!
LMK if you have any Triumph questions! Good luck!

Oh, I did forget to mention, like FJ40's/55's shipped from Japan, British Sports Cars were shipped from England "pre-rusting".....so, inspect closely. Especially the untreated boxed frames!

98929908-CD9F-4407-A7B2-B28CABAB73C1.jpeg

Last edited:

Jcbmx

Trail Ready
Like a well maintained used Cruiser, if an older British sports car has been well maintained and cared for they are actually reliable, fun, relatively inexpensive to run and not much trouble. Of course, since most were bought as inexpensive toys/weekend warriors they (like a older used LC) got the heck run out of them and never really well maintained resulting in many of the common problems they have.
I've had my TR6 for over 25 years and lived/traveled extensively with it and I still say it's as reliable as a Toyota!
LMK if you have any Triumph questions! Good luck!

Oh, I did forget to mention, like FJ40's/55's shipped from Japan, British Sports Cars were shipped from England "pre-rusting".....so, inspect closely. Especially the untreated boxed frames!

View attachment 100779
This also goes for old Vw's! My 71 bus has taken me on 2000 mile round trips, I-70/Rocky Mountain loop trips(lots of elevated passes) all while being neglected in a few ways haha Reliability isn't exclusive to LC's and Toyota's!

SteveH

Hard Core 4+
Reliability isn't exclusive to LC's and Toyota's!

It's all about maintenance. I over-maintained my Renault Alliance (1983) and it was very reliable. How many can say '1983 Renault' and 'reliable' in the same sentence?

stusic

Land Use Coordinator
Drove by Autostar on my way to work this morning and saw a pretty nice Hilux sitting next to the Surf. It seems like they're getting more of the JDM stock like they used to - over the past year, they've been severely lacking in JDM vehicles, but I've been seeing more and more lately.

lxkup

Texted with this gentleman about his 75. Too rich for me though. Has some good info and willing to share a ton of pics and history. Imported from NZ
6857D433-BEE6-47E3-A41D-DEA746D85C50.jpeg

rckhound

Rising Sun Member
Texted with this gentleman about his 75. Too rich for me though. Has some good info and willing to share a ton of pics and history. Imported from NZ
View attachment 101140
Thats Dr. Jon up in Steamboat. I have raced bikes with him in Mexico and Canada. Not sure how he determined his prices but I agree they are pretty up there.

patrickhrco

Trail Ready

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
I appreciate you looking out, but it definitely seems scammy! The map pins it about 10 blocks from my house and I know EVERY cruiser in the hood (I'll gladly take the brown one on 29th and Williams if anybody knows the owner!), and I've never seen it around. Oh but it's actually in Vegas..... yeah, ok bud.

I wonder where they stole the photo?