• TONIGHT! UPDATED LOCATION DUE TO RAIN FORECAST: MAY 2024 CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: The next RS meeting will be Wednesday, May 1, 2024 at 7:30 p.m. The meeting will be held indoors at the fabulous Golden Gate Canyon Grange. Click here for directions. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.

⦿ If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

the spotted thread -

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
20230416_120507.jpg

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Spotted this 40 in the parking lot in front of my shop. The owner's name is Todd and he lives here in Evergreen. It's a 1978 that his dad bought new, has 55k miles on it. All original paint. 33 x 9.50 BFG A/Ts, he didn't remember the name of the aftermarket suspension (it wasn't OME). Mostly stock, very little rust. He said his dad used it mainly for hunting. His dad added the Kaymar bumper, Hilift mount, Hilift, 8274, CB and extra fuel tank.

IMG_20230418_150741522[1].jpg
IMG_20230418_150806760_HDR[1].jpg

Johnny Utah

Rising Sun Member
My favorite color 40!!! I would probably trade a kid off for that!

…the bad one.

I wouldn’t change a thing.

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Spotted this 40 in the parking lot in front of my shop. The owner's name is Todd and he lives here in Evergreen. It's a 1978 that his dad bought new, has 55k miles on it. All original paint. 33 x 9.50 BFG A/Ts, he didn't remember the name of the aftermarket suspension (it wasn't OME). Mostly stock, very little rust. He said his dad used it mainly for hunting. His dad added the Kaymar bumper, Hilift mount, Hilift, 8274, CB and extra fuel tank.

View attachment 114251View attachment 114252
That's a sweet rig!

CMoore

Rock Stacker
Playa Hermosa, Costa Rica.

I stool drooling at this rig for 20 minutes waiting for it’s owner to come out of the water who I assumed was surfing. Our group didn’t want to wait around any longer and we ended up walking further down the beach. When we got 100 yards away, sure enough, a guy walks up with a surfboard in hand and unlocks the rig. We were almost to our car at that point and I didn’t get a chance to run back.

Couldn’t help but drool over an afternoon surf session and then coming back to a rig like this! Pura Vida mai.
IMG_1943.jpeg

IMG_1944.jpeg

Last edited:

Johnny Utah

Rising Sun Member
Spotted a nice triple locked 80 in the Arvada kings parking lot. Deflared, lifted, and my favorite color! Anyone on here?
E28EA2C3-ACDC-42B9-8CFE-4F84D0C08E0A.jpeg

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
I-25 north in cheyenne..spotted a tan lined 80 with black down center of the hood about half an hour ago. anyone from here? i was going opposite direction after dropping the dog off at daycare

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
Tried to make it up to fable valley and dark canyon on the north side. Road got real muddy with snow. Ran into a cool Swiss guy in his 70s bogged down in a 2001 LHD HJ78 that made me drool. Full setup with a pop top. Pulled him out with a few traction mats. Damn that's a heavy truck. 80 was sliding around while we tries to winch him out. He snapped his line which was exciting.

View attachment 114202View attachment 114203

Really cool guy his cruiser has been around the world.

www.redcamel.ch

Wondered how that went for you... About the same spot Martin and I turned around a few years ago.

:beer::beer:

KC Masterpiece

Hard Core 4+
Wondered how that went for you... About the same spot Martin and I turned around a few years ago.

:beer::beer:
We made it up easy same weekend the lsst 3 years. Just so much more moisture this season. The guy in the mud was buried to the frame rails

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
IMG_20230430_105836618_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230430_105844781_HDR.jpg

Saw this sweet 80 on my way home from mass just around the corner from my house. Never seen one without the sliding glass in the rear or a turbo sticker. Is this a JDM diesel or something?

Doughboy

Rising Sun Member
View attachment 114824
View attachment 114825

Saw this sweet 80 on my way home from mass just around the corner from my house. Never seen one without the sliding glass in the rear or a turbo sticker. Is this a JDM diesel or something?
Sliding rear glass came with 3rd row seats. That 80 is a HDJ81. 81s only came from Japan domestic market. You can tell that that one is JDM because of the giant wing, the wind thingies on the windows, and the bars going across the rear glass. If it was from South Africa or Australia, it wouldn't have these. Oh also the fender mirror.

You can also find 80's along with 81's in the Japan market but no one knows what the difference is. I've talked to a lot of people about it and it's just a jdm thing I guess.

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
Sliding rear glass came with 3rd row seats. That 80 is a HDJ81. 81s only came from Japan domestic market. You can tell that that one is JDM because of the giant wing, the wind thingies on the windows, and the bars going across the rear glass. If it was from South Africa or Australia, it wouldn't have these. Oh also the fender mirror.

You can also find 80's along with 81's in the Japan market but no one knows what the difference is. I've talked to a lot of people about it and it's just a jdm thing I guess.
Okay I figured the big clear window guards and the larger painted spoiler were also indicative of JDMs. Didn't even notice the fender mirror though. I need to get to know this guy and invite him to the club lol.