• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

the spotted thread -

Beater

Hard Core 4+
saw matt farr (hulk) on colorado blvd around noon in front of my house, then convert or someone like him in a red 80 on 25 heading north from the springs..

a double day!

LETSROLL

Hi Beater!

That was me on I25. Thanks for the honk. Very cool. I was sure it was someone from the club! I had been in the Springs over the weekend and broke down with a bad master cylinder. I just picked it up and was heading home.

saw matt farr (hulk) on colorado blvd around noon in front of my house, then convert or someone like him in a red 80 on 25 heading north from the springs..

a double day!

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
I saw snowrun today!.....In fact, I saw him yesterday too. Hmmmm.....:grinpimp:

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
I waved to Justin (Bruiser) this week as we crossed paths at I70 and Central City Pkwy. Also saluted Brandon (SRT08BUS) on Evergreen Pkwy. :thumb:

unfortunately, that's about the extent of my wheeling with the club this year.

Old40Dog

Rising Sun Member
nfortunately, that's about the extent of my wheeling with the club this year.

Martin, You're working much too hard! That will have long term negative effects on your health! I prescribe....MORE WHEELIN' - LESS WORK for you!

At least you should make the 40 Only Run...I hope you do! :thumb:

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
I saw a cool blue 40 in the parking lot at work yesterday. ;)

Waved at Crash as he drove past my house on Monday.

Waved at a cool FJ55 on Kipling Saturday morning, got a wave back even though I was driving the Ford. :)

LXBRADY

Hard Core 4+
Waved at a cool FJ55 on Kipling Saturday morning, got a wave back even though I was driving the Ford. :)

If I am driving around the ranch in the 40 I wave to the built Jeeps I see and they reciprocate.....never got the return love in the FJC unless it was another built FJC.:dunno:

Beater

Hard Core 4+
addicted? on colfax and colorado? around 445pm?

CardinalFJ60

Rising Sun Member
Parking lot spot

Spotted and chatted with Jacket at the friendly neighborhood Napa after work. He had his cool FJ40 with the top off, I had my Subaru. Dang.

NIce to chat with ya', Jacket!:cheers:

Jacket

RS Moderator
Staff member
You never know who you'll run into at Napa....:cheers:

I also spotted a green FJ45 pickup (RHD) cruising east on Arapahoe at Foothills around 5:30 yesterday, and this morning I passed a RHD Troopy (tan, of course) heading east toward E470. Two nice, rare Land Cruisers in 24 hours.

Dr. Schlegs

Hard Core 4+
This is turning out to be Craigslist version of Missed Connections.:lmao: I have seen Rudy, and Chris Davis in the past. I am seeing tons of 40's around town. I guess some people take them out only in the summer.

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
Spotted Subzali heading down 285 yesterday! He was just past C470 heading into the hills.

I saw the Addicted 4-runner towing a popup last week on I-25 at 84th.

ElliottB

A saw a POSITIVELY badass diesel FJ60 on Colfax about an hour ago. Tan, front and rear bumpers, rack, at least 35's... I fell in love. I honked at you... was driving this.

S5001599.jpg

pmccumber

Hard Core 4+
I saw a nice 80 with a snorkel right after I came out of Coney Flats yesterday on the Peak to Peak ...

LXBRADY

Hard Core 4+
Spotted Corsair23 here in the hood whilst I was returning with the 40 from emissions testing.

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
Spotted Corsair23 here in the hood whilst I was returning with the 40 from emissions testing.

Thanks for the :wav: - Cool to see someone I know in the Ranch...Sightings are far and few between down here

So did the 40 pass with flying colors?

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
There's another built green 80 in Broomfield... we're almost twins. I've seen you up and down Main a few times... :wav:

Jacket

RS Moderator
Staff member
Saw Mendocino in his Volvo as I was rounding a corner off Wadsworth at lunch time.

Mendocino

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten