• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

the spotted thread -

Crash

Rising Sun Member
LOL, actually I've driven boring old white Toyota trucks for so long now that I don't think about it and just assume it'll start and go. Like an old familiar tool inherited from your grandfather Sakichi. It gets used, then when the task is complete it goes back in the drawer, just waiting quietly, faithfully, for the next time.
Exactly and absolutely.

rover67

Rising Sun Member
Funny I thought the same on that wall. All of my attempts are abysmal and my walls fall over.

Anyhow here’s another 40 spotted on a bike ride:

9418234E-9023-4340-95A4-9861B87E89E4.jpeg
BA50998F-4A90-486A-B4FB-5C1034014985.jpeg

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Gub’ment plates it looks like
What the heck, they're gonna be running around all Stateside-like?

For example, the former (or perhaps still current) DoD Hiluxes coming back didn't have license plates. This being one spotted in Moab. Just a generic USG-NGTV tag, which has some assumed meanings but isn't a plate anyway.

moab054_b08c1c295cb62a860713a1889da33cbc7302b91e.jpg

Last edited:

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Definitely Angelo
RS Sticker on the window too.

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
That be me! I was going to voodoo to get some donuts for my sister's birthday
I missed the RS sticker because you were rounding that corner pretty quick. We were walking past Mutiny right there at Ellsworth, and my wife spotted you first. She shouted "70!!!" and I didn't really get what she was talking about at first.

Never seen your truck before but I love it. It looks worn in. Is that the BJ71 in your signature line?

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
And who was that 60? The red looked like a repaint and it was repainted black all the way around the bottom. Half-length Surco aluminum rack. Lift and I think 33s. Original Stevinson dealer emblem on the back. I talked to the guy for about 10 seconds at a stop light and he said it was a 1984.

I fell like I've seen that truck somewhere before.

Doughboy

Rising Sun Member
I missed the RS sticker because you were rounding that corner pretty quick. We were walking past Mutiny right there at Ellsworth, and my wife spotted you first. She shouted "70!!!" and I didn't really get what she was talking about at first.

Never seen your truck before but I love it. It looks worn in. Is that the BJ71 in your signature line?
Rounding that corner as quickly as one can in a BJ71. Thanks! It's got that cruiser lean going on. I've been DD the 71 because the 81 one is down and it gets 22ish MPG. And yes, it is the one in my signature line.