The Annual Rising Sun Snow Run Saturday February 11, 2023 Yankee Hill

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
For those who might be a little hesitant on your vehicle equipment, or your skills, or perhaps you already know everything and like to socialize, like last year we are hosting 2 events this day, and it's up to you which to attend. The second run starts after the first group leaves, and it begins with a parking lot session reviewing some snow run basics. We also have some guest presenters helping this year, you can see more on that here: https://risingsun4x4club.org/xf/thr...ing-saturday-february-11th.33591/#post-399373

So this run here is for folks who have a fairly good idea what they're doing, and they want to get out early and bust some drifts... the other run is for anyone who'd like to get a few questions answered first, maybe learn something new, and/or just get to know some members of the club a little better. We'll all run into each other at some point, the intention with 2 runs is to not only provide a training session to anyone interested, but also split the group up to make the numbers out on the trail a little more digestible.

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
I'm going to be going with the other group so please take me off the list for this run if you could.

SaintAgatha

Rising Sun Member
Can I be on a cancelation list? Feel ready to join the real shenanigans but am also happy to hang back with the other group.

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
Can I be on a cancelation list? Feel ready to join the real shenanigans but am also happy to hang back with the other group.
No problem. Both groups are same trail, same day with the same end destination, just different meet up times. Anyone interested in taking part of the second introductory group can meet up earlier to socialize and anyone that is part of the first group can change their mind and stick around for the introductory class. Plenty of shenanigans to be had by all and if the first group runs into enough shenanigans, we might see everyone on the trail at some point. :thumb:

Yarn Cruiser

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
@VoodooBlue_Vixen this has the reschedule date info and if you are unable to make the new date you might want to update so someone else is able to attend. 🙂

VoodooBlue_Vixen

Rising Sun Member

Gerty

Rising Sun Member
Just wondering if anyone is trailering and heading back after the summit. I don't have to trailer (and won't if no one else is), but my little 4 cylinder on 38s would prefer if I do :).

cjlynch12

Brand New
I put my name down here before the intro run was announced. I'll be going with the intro group, so feel free to take my name off this list if it means someone else can attend!

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Just wondering if anyone is trailering and heading back after the summit. I don't have to trailer (and won't if no one else is), but my little 4 cylinder on 38s would prefer if I do :).
Most are probably driving. There is space for a trailer up there.

FJCDan

Rising Sun Member
Bummed , going to miss this run this year. Two trucks not very road worthy at the moment. Pulled trans and transfer case out of pickup and went to match up clutch packs and did not match. Idiots sent me a clutch for a jeep, go figure. Amazon idiots. Plus I have to work that day as well. Have fun

TacoDane

Rising Sun Member
Just wondering if anyone is trailering and heading back after the summit. I don't have to trailer (and won't if no one else is), but my little 4 cylinder on 38s would prefer if
In 5 of these runs, I haven't been on one where everyone went down the St Mary's side. With how much snow we've been getting, good chance few will make it over.

HoneyBadger

Rising Sun Member
In 5 of these runs, I haven't been on one where everyone went down the St Mary's side. With how much snow we've been getting, good chance few will make it over.
You and I made it over a couple years ago. We bashed and smashed our way down the other side. There was another first gen Tacoma with us. I think it red or maroon?
But that was probably only the second or third time I've seen that happen in the last decade.

Telly

Rising Sun Member
I'll be joining Nakman's group so I assume I need to be taken off this list. Thanks.