• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

The Annual Rising Sun Snow Run Saturday February 11, 2023 Yankee Hill

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
Is there still restrictions for people with recovery gear only? All I have so far in that arena is a d ring shackle hitch attachment and my front factory recovery point....trying to focus on tools to work on my truck first and actually making needed repairs to get everything refreshed then I'm going to worry about the goodies. Ohh and I have my avalanche shovel.

stusic

Land Use Coordinator
Is there still restrictions for people with recovery gear only? All I have so far in that arena is a d ring shackle hitch attachment and my front factory recovery point....trying to focus on tools to work on my truck first and actually making needed repairs to get everything refreshed then I'm going to worry about the goodies. Ohh and I have my avalanche shovel.
Last time I went, I didn't have a damn thing.

PVCsnorkel

Lifted
If there's still room I'd like to go, gives me a solid date to finish my winch bumper build by!

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
As stated by the others, there is 2 separate snow runs posted by me, this particular thread is for the official Rising Sun Snow Run and if you are lacking proper recovery gear, worry not, this is the run for you.

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
As stated by the others, there is 2 separate snow runs posted by me, this particular thread is for the official Rising Sun Snow Run and if you are lacking proper recovery gear, worry not, this is the run for you.
Well barring anything major coming up as the date gets closer, I'm in!

cjlynch12

Brand New
Hi all! Just joined the forum and would love to attend if there's room for an offroad newbie! Looking to learn more and meet new people for off road adventures.

Have a stock 21 TRD off-road long bed with snow tires and not much else, but can get anything required to attend.

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Hi all! Just joined the forum and would love to attend if there's room for an offroad newbie! Looking to learn more and meet new people for off road adventures.

Have a stock 21 TRD off-road long bed with snow tires and not much else, but can get anything required to attend.
You’ll want some of your own recovery gear. A strap and a few bow shackles should suffice.

On the RX

Rising Sun Member
@cjlynch12 , you will want to have solid recovery points on the front and rear. The hoops on the front frame rails are not recovery points. You can get a solid set that bolt onto the front and rear frame rails. If you have a hitch, you can get an insert that will accept a shackle and not need ones that attach to the rear rails.

TacoDane

Rising Sun Member

This run was my first with the club back in '16. Bone stock Tacoma I'd had for only 2 weeks. Spent most of the day getting winched out of drifts. Great times.

How far we get depends on the snow pack. But no one gets left behind. In years past most turn back before the top and come back down as a group. While a few try to go all the way over and down the St Mary's. It's a great run to learn a lot about yourself, the limits of your rig, and about recoveries in winter conditions.