• TONIGHT! UPDATED LOCATION DUE TO RAIN FORECAST: MAY 2024 CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: The next RS meeting will be Wednesday, May 1, 2024 at 7:30 p.m. The meeting will be held indoors at the fabulous Golden Gate Canyon Grange. Click here for directions. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.

⦿ If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Snow and Pizza Run Sat. Jan. 25th, 2020 Yankee Hill

On the RX

Rising Sun Member
I think they will be good enough as long as they have some tread on them.

damon

Vice Commander
Cruise Moab Committee
I'd love to join you guys. I'm new to the club and fairly new to 4-wheeling. I have BFG K02 tires. I hope that is good enough? I've got all the other equipment (I think), so I should be good to go. Let me know.

You should be fine. The only thing I would recommend is getting a hitch receiver shackle just in case you get stuck and need to get pulled out from behind. If you want you can drive in front of me and if you get stuck I'll pull you out with my winch.

KC Masterpiece

Hard Core 4+
I would love to join this run. Not a member yet (hard to make it to meetings being up in Silverthorne) but I have been a forum lurker for many years and would love to join in 2020.

I dont have any good wheeling buddies up here and need to find out the limits of an unlocked 80!

Squishy!

Rising Sun Member
I would love to join this run. Not a member yet (hard to make it to meetings being up in Silverthorne) but I have been a forum lurker for many years and would love to join in 2020.

I dont have any good wheeling buddies up here and need to find out the limits of an unlocked 80!

You're more than welcome! You don't have to be a member to wheel with us, but you have to wheel with us to be a member. :D

tallmike

Brand New
You should be fine. The only thing I would recommend is getting a hitch receiver shackle just in case you get stuck and need to get pulled out from behind. If you want you can drive in front of me and if you get stuck I'll pull you out with my winch.
I just ordered one last night. Should be here by the end of the week. My K02's are nearly new, so have lots of tread. I have self recovery gear, but having a winch handy would be awesome! Thanks, Damon!

damon

Vice Commander
Cruise Moab Committee
Also, if you have a CB that would make things easier if something goes sideways (figuratively and literally).

stusic

Land Use Coordinator
I have a couple low end CB walkie talkies (FMRS) I'll bring, but I haven't used them in a couple of years.

Crap, I'll need to get a couple shackles as well. Don't want to stir up a big debate, but the factory points look super beefy to me and I think they'll be fine.

HoneyBadger

Rising Sun Member
Don't want to stir up a big debate, but the factory points look super beefy to me and I think they'll be fine.

:woot: Oh boy, here we go...

*** FORUM A.I. BOOTING... ***
*** INITIATING: - ENORMOUS DEBATE ON FACTORY RECOVERY POINTS V-5.64 ***

*** ACCESSING RECOVERY POINT DEBATE PROTOCALLS ***
*** COMMENCE FLAME FEST IN 5...4...3...2...1... ***

" DeAr GoD, wE'rE AlL GoNnA DiE!!!" :bolt:

Last edited:

KC Masterpiece

Hard Core 4+
I have a couple low end CB walkie talkies (FMRS) I'll bring, but I haven't used them in a couple of years.

Crap, I'll need to get a couple shackles as well. Don't want to stir up a big debate, but the factory points look super beefy to me and I think they'll be fine.

The factory recovery points can rip off and they usually pull out the headgasket with them.

HoneyBadger

Rising Sun Member
The factory recovery points can rip off and they usually pull out the headgasket with them.

🤣🤣👍
This, this right here. This is why people are having head gasket issues. 🤷🏻‍♂️

KC Masterpiece

Hard Core 4+
Shot in the dark....

For anyone attending I do have a slew of parts taking up space and no garage. Feel free to make an offer happy to sell most of these dirt cheap other than the spindle I would like to make some money back on. We are cleaning today and my girlfriend has given my parts bin a few dirty looks.

Factory 80 series cargo mat. Tan. (Great shape)

80 series Weathertech cargo mat. Tan.

80 series stock suspension (1997). 165k on it.

2 FK Uniball Bearings. 1.25" COMH20T. Used for a few IFS UCA applications.

Toyota RH Steering Knuckle. New in packaging Purchased for my old 08 FJ. Fits similar model year its toyotas. 43211‐60200

Bilstein 5100 coilovers. Currently set with 08 FJ springs. 60k on the pair.

Stock 80 series suspension. 170k on it. Still felt good.

ToyTec 1/2" coilover spacers. 25912. New with hardware.

80 series reese hitch.

IoN6

Rising Sun Member
Looks like we will need to start heading back about 1500 or so for some prior plans, but the wife, pups and I will still be there!

HoneyBadger

Rising Sun Member
Looks like I'll be able to be there this year.

damon

Vice Commander
Cruise Moab Committee

damon

Vice Commander
Cruise Moab Committee

I meant a CB, not a FRS/GMRS radio. Between all the people coming shackles shouldn't be too hard to find. That said, factory recovery points are sketchy. Just come along and we can figure a way to get you out if you get stuck (most likely you won't).