Rising Sun Rally - Sunday August 20th 2006

wesintl

RS Moderator
YEah.. that's the one I want to buy....

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
I tagged a red 79+ 40 yesterday. I don't have any rally fliers, but I did what I've been doing for years. Left an issue of TT and a TLCA contact card.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
We need to pass out a big stack of flyers to every member at the RS meeting in early August. Also, let's pass out some to all the people who come to the ghost town run. I'll PM Ige and ask her to bring the box of flyers. I only have a thin stack left.

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Hulk said:
We need to pass out a big stack of flyers to every member at the RS meeting in early August. Also, let's pass out some to all the people who come to the ghost town run. I'll PM Ige and ask her to bring the box of flyers. I only have a thin stack left.

That's a good idea. I tagged about 8 or 9 yesterday. There is a noticeable lack of Cruisers out these days....I think gas prices are taking a toll! I too need more flyers.

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
I tagged about seven today. There is a really nice dune beige 40 that parks at the Kieser place on Sheridan but they haven't been there lately. If anyone sees that one, can you put a flier on it? Also, If you know of any please PM me and I can run over and put a flier on them.

Got this one today. For sale $900.00 about 230,000 on the clock.

Attachments

• IMG_6122.jpg
    IMG_6122.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 255

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Rezarf said:
Is it allowed to sell a few parts at the rally like a swap meet?

Yes, absolutley. There will be lots of parts for sale. :thumb:

subzali

Hard Core 4+
took care of the Yota Yard yesterday, sounds like they want to bring parts and stuff, I told them there should be plenty of room. Also saw a dune beige 40 off of hwy 42 up by Louisville that needs to be tagged if someone wants to run over there. It's on 42 where it runs E-W right by the hospital on the north side of the road. It was parked in front of one of those farmhouses on Saturday.

Also going to chase down an FJ45 LPB in this area as well as an FJ40 that a neighbor of my parents owns, plus a nice lifted 60 in Golden! I hope a bunch of these people show up!

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
Hulk said:

Any chance we can get a PDF of the flyer so we can print them out ourselves? I see cruisers all the time when I am out walking Ty around the neighborhood and out driving 'n stuff. That would work great for those of us with color printers...

T

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
timmbuck2 said:
Any chance we can get a PDF of the flyer so we can print them out ourselves? I see cruisers all the time when I am out walking Ty around the neighborhood and out driving 'n stuff. That would work great for those of us with color printers...

T
I was pretty sure we had one somewhere. I looked high and low and finally found them...turns out the link to printable fliers (choice of color or B/W) are NOT on the rally page, but on the main home page for the whole site...

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Just a suggestion for future fliers like this is to have a phone number for people to contact, some still do not have internet access or like doing business (credit card #) over the 'net.

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
subzali said:
Just a suggestion for future fliers like this is to have a phone number for people to contact, some still do not have internet access or like doing business (credit card #) over the 'net.
Matt, that is so righton. We are here on this board, but so many cruiserheads I meet and/or speak with on the phone either don't have internet, don't trust it or just don't use it like we do.

It takes a certain mentality to drive a 20-40 year old rig, and many just don't do internet. Kudos to the flier campaign!

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Better flyers for home printing

Both of the Rally flyer versions used too much ink from my printer. I created a new version, which can be printed in either color or black&white. It's also only 200 kb, so much quicker to download. Also, it's now sized properly for 8.5" x 11" paper.

Rally flyer for personal printing

This should be much better for most people to print out themselves.

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
subzali said:

Thank you Matt F. for the new version.

and Matt M. the non net people wern't excluded because they hae all the info they need to attend. If they wanted to preregister, we included a mail in form and make checks payable info.

I know my cell number is listed somewhere on the TLCA site because I am getting calls about the rally. I haven't found it on the page yet...

subzali

Hard Core 4+
I think I've seen it in Trails somewhere...and oh yeah forgot that you can mail in the little bit too...:eek:

Crash

Rising Sun Member
Timmbuck,
Must have been you who tagged my truck in the parking lot today, right? Nice! If not, who then?

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
That's great, since you have one of the club's most recognizable trucks! Love it...

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
Crash said:
Timmbuck,
Must have been you who tagged my truck in the parking lot today, right? Nice! If not, who then?

Heh...yup, that was me. Wanted to make sur eyou had heard of this here rally thingy. :lmao:

T

sno bored

Trail Ready
I had someone ask me if this is a "dog friendly event". Lots of events where I live say "please keep your pets at home". I didn't see anything about pets, what should I tell them?