• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

2013 Rising Sun Rally - Saturday Aug, 24th

Status
Not open for further replies.

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
2013 Rising Sun Rally - Saturday Aug, 24th - Sponsored by Slee Offroad

It is that time of year again! The premier Toyota 4x4 swap meet, show & shine and meet & greet in the Rocky Mountain Region will be held Saturday August 24th at Jefferson County Stadium at 6th and Kipling in Lakewood Colorado from 10AM to 3PM. Bring your stuff to sell, buy the stuff you need, enjoy socializing with Toyota 4x4 enthusiasts from all over the region and enjoy seeing all varieties of Toyota 4x4s. Vendors, food, raffle, Rising Sun merchandise and more! This family-friendly event is open to the public and is only $5 per vehicle admission. Come on out and see your friend's latest mods and learn how to do your own. The Rising Sun Rally is a Toyota Land Cruiser Association sanctioned event. As is our tradition, we will be leading guided trail runs on Sunday August 25th, from mild to wild. See our web site for details on those trails. Happy cruisin'!

Saturday August 24th
Show & shine and swap meet.
Raffle Prizes.
Vendors on site

Hope to see everyone there! :)

From 10-3 at the Jeffco Stadium just South of 6th and Kipling.

Printable Rally Flier

RSrally2013colorLOWREZ.jpg

Last edited:

simps80

Rising Sun Member
Slee's going to sponsor it again this year, that's awesome!
:thumb:

I'll actually be in the US for this. Amazing! Would love to hang out with some other Cruiser folks.

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
We lowered the cost back to the historic $5 per vehicle... Links above have been updated.

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
A couple of things:

(1) TLCA insurance has skyrocketed and we were going to have to increase the admission fee to just break even. I spoke with Christo and he is going to help us out financially to where we are able to keep the entrance fees the same as they have been since the Rally's inception. THANK YOU CHRISTO!!! :bowdown:

(2) Mike Davidson has generously done the art again this year. THANK YOU MIKE!!! :bowdown:

(3) Rising Sun member Tom Rompies will have his food truck at the event again this year. Please be sure to buy your lunch from him!

(4) We do not have a raffle lined up (yet). We will need more volunteers from the club to contact the vendors and see about getting some donations. We do not have a budget for buying raffle prizes. As it stands, we may just barely break even, after paying our insurance premium, rental for the venue, and paying to have some fliers printed.

(5) I am chairing again this year, and Christo has said he is going to spearhead promoting. Please coordinate announcements and promotions though Christo and I.

(6) We will need a bunch of volunteers on the day of the event. If we can get some volunteers prior to the event we can promote it better and maybe have a raffle.

(7) There are no current plans to have special shirts or merchandise made for the event, however we do plan to sell leftover Cruise Moab stuff as we did last year.

That's all I can think of for now. I will post up additional stuff as new and more information becomes available.

BritKLR

Rising Sun Member
Maybe I missed it, but is there a vender fee (sell stuff) in addition to the $5.00 entry fee?

Thanks!

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
Maybe I missed it, but is there a vender fee (sell stuff) in addition to the $5.00 entry fee?

Thanks!

Average Joe can sell stuff for the $5. Vendors pay more (actual businesses)

BritKLR

Rising Sun Member
Average Joe can sell stuff for the $5. Vendors pay more (actual businesses)

Thanks Nuclearlemon!

Do you happen to know how much and if it's paid at the gate or in advance and to whom?

Thx.

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
A reminder for Rising Sun members - the planning thread is in the member's section here.

I have signed our contract, we have insurance in hand and it looks like pieces are falling (being worked?) into place.

Starting to get excited!

:risingsun

I keep checking but have not found anything else about the sunday runs! Is Bill Moore Lake the only run happening?

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
I keep checking but have not found anything else about the sunday runs! Is Bill Moore Lake the only run happening?

As far as I know. I asked at the last meeting if we could PLEASE get a hard core run in there and...etc. Anyway, I will be leading Bill Moore 'cause I love that trail and I'm not likely to break my 60 on it :cheers:

Ok, thanks Jeff. I'll be there as well, still need to decide what to take up there, the 40 or the 100.
See you soon

Paulo

Drove the 40 to work today and L front hub is leaking quite a bit of oil! I gues it will be sitting home for the weekend! Will drive the 100 to the show.

TheDoc

This will be my first time attending the rally. Really looking forward to it. Is there usually enough room next to or behind your rig to set up an easy up and chairs? Thanks, Matt

RockRunner

Hard Core 4+
This will be my first time attending the rally. Really looking forward to it. Is there usually enough room next to or behind your rig to set up an easy up and chairs? Thanks, Matt

Yes there is.

Status
Not open for further replies.