2014 Rising Sun Rally Sat Aug 23rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
The (9th I think?) annual Rising Sun Rally will be nominally the same bat-time and bat-channel as the last several years - The Saturday before Labor Day weekend at Jefferson County Stadium parking lot at 6th and Kipling in Lakewood Colorado from 10-3.

This is a TLCA Rally event, which is a swap meet and show and shine. We'll have Toyota 4x4 vendors as well as Toyota 4x4 enthusiasts from all over the region.

Admission is $5 per vehicle, and this family friendly event always has rigs to drool over, parts galore and lots of friendly Toyota 4x4 enthusiasts. As a Rally event, you don't have to be a TLCA member to attend.

We traditionally have guided trail runs the Sunday after the event, and I will be leading Bill Moore Lake trail a trail any stocker can do. We typically will have at least one or more other trails that day too, often more difficult ones.

Download a printable flier here.
rsrally2014color-jpg.923822

nick in nebraska

Rising Sun Member
I will miss it again this year.:( But I will be out on the trail ! :) Heading out to where the Ultimate Adventure group started there run this year. I will be breaking in the new paint hopefully not scratching it. Ha

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Below are some documents in case anyone needs a copy. The first two are our TLCA insurance certificates, and the third one is the contract for Jeffco Stadium.

Attachments

• 2014 Rally Insurance 1.PDF
    43.7 KB · Views: 428
  • 2014 Rally Insurance 2.PDF
    9.7 KB · Views: 346
  • Jeffco Stadium Contract 2014.pdf
    49 KB · Views: 376

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Here are the volunteer tasks that we need filled at the event:

(1) Mike Koons can get the trailer down to the stadium, but it will be before the event starts and the gate may not be unlocked yet, so we need to get the trailer inside the facility.

(2) We need 4-6 people to help with setup starting at around 9AM, before the event starts at 10. Specifically, we need to set up the canopies, tables and chairs, put up banners (including at the entrance on Kipling), put out trash barrels, and arrange any merchandise we have.

(3) We need 3-4 people to take admissions and sell merchandise throughout the event. Ideally we will have shifts so people can have a chance to wander around and enjoy the event themselves.

(4) We need 4-6 people to tear down and pack up after the event is over, load up the trailer, collect the trash, stow the banners and merchandise, tables and chairs, and pack up the canopies. I will take 2 of the canopies, i borrow each year for the Kittredge Canyonfest.

(5) We need to get the trailer back up to Mike's place or at least take it to a safe storage spot until he can pick it up. He can't be there because he's been working on Saturdays.

Obviously I will be there the whole time and will be working all these jobs except for hauling the trailer.

Last edited:

simps80

Rising Sun Member
Barring some last minute issue I should be able to help with 2 3 and 4

I can help with 2 and 3.

Justin

SRT08BUS

Hard Core 4+
I might be able to help with #2, #4 should be no issue.

Squishy!

Rising Sun Member
I can help with #3 morning I'll be leaving sometime between noon and 1:00.

I can help with #1, assuming I can pull it with the ball hitch on the 80. As mentioned, I can also help with #2 and #4. Maybe able to help with #5 if no one else can do it, with the proviso my 80 can haul it.

Hi. New guy here, just moved back here from Nevada (Battle Born Cruisers of Northern Nevada). Land Cruiser owner for 20+ years-- all with the same Cruiser.
Looking forward to meeting you all tomorrow. You can't miss me, I'm the guy with the yellow frame.

work crew

I will be there early and stay late, so put me to work.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I will be there early and stay late, so put me to work.

This is the thread for the 2014 event, not the 2015 event. I am going to close this thread to avoid confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.