Official Club Run Rising Sun annual snow run Yankee hill 1/13/2024

stusic

Land Use Coordinator
I'm sticking with group A it looks like. Passenger had an obligation at 2:30. Hard to guarantee that even if I don't go snowbashing up at the top so made other plans with her. Might see if I can rope a roommate into the copilot seat though. Seriously thinking about wearing my insulated ski onsie for this since I forsee spending a lot of time outside the truck pulling various soft goods around lol.
Bought my wife a nice snow bib this Christmas. Was hoping she could do some of the grunt work in the snow... Ya know, for experience...

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
when on trail tomorrow, please remember to:
-communicate- let each other know when the way is clear or if you stop, any vital information
-be slow and considerate through the residential sections of the trail- practice good stewardship
-watch your spacing- know where other vehicles are, stopping distances if you slide, wait for all clear signal on hill ascents and descents
-keep your momentum up- maintain a comfortable pace while steadily moving to overcome the resistance of the snow
-plan out where you stop- think about if you will have traction when you go to move again
-stay hydrated and sunscreen is recommended-
-have fun and be safe-
:woot:🥶🥶🥶❄️❄️❄️

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
Hey guys, since this is about having fun I’m going to pass on this run, nothing about below zero temps sounds fun to me. Stay safe
It's only sub zero if you don't use freedom units. Onx says teens up there. Granted 30mph gusts will probably be the norm.

norserunner

Brand New
Hello Joe and All,

I would like to join a group B, if you still have spots, otherwise A, to complete my first run.

I’m a beginner on a stock 5th gen 4Runner TRD Off-Road, with K2 tires. Hope this will work.
After reading all posts in this thread I decided to bail. Don’t have those must-have recovery points, just towing tie-downs. No radio and 0 experience in snow/ice 4wheeling. Next time.

ripeart

Rising Sun Member
After reading all posts in this thread I decided to bail. Don’t have those must-have recovery points, just towing tie-downs. No radio and 0 experience in snow/ice 4wheeling. Next time.
I've got a (heated) passenger seat open if you would like to tag along still. An extra radio as well should anyone need it.

ry303

Wincher
I am out now.
Hope it's a great day!!

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
I'm still in, in golden right now. Doesn't so much time making sure I have tools I forgot my radios though lol

levi

Rising Sun Member
I’m at the trailhead. Also have an extra (heated) seat if anyone wants it. Also have a backup radio if anyone needs to borrow one. Looks like it’s going to be epic. Cold, but epic.

levi

Rising Sun Member
BTW; I took 6th up from Golden. Other than watching for oncoming in your lane, wasn’t too bad.

jps8460

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
As my grandfather would say "it's colder than a witche's tittie!" We are currently in Golden.

Ha! Or “Colder’n a witches tit in a brass bra doin pushups in the snow”