Red_Chili's body swap

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
We are an endless source of bemusement to our SOs.
;)

Pix? You mean like this?
200659792-M-1.jpg

This is the new interior, with Herculined floor and wells, and indoor/outdoor carpet in charcoal from Home Depot. The side panels were preserved from before, gray indoor/outdoor carpet over plywood, secured with stainless fasteners and nylocks, with two access doors per side allowing use of the quarter panels for storage. The toolbox is from Caribou Luggage, makers of motorcycle saddlebags for dualsport bikes - extremely durable modified Pelican cases. I can attest that the tools stay put even in a rollover.

200659768-M.jpg

Side shot. The Bushwackers balance the glass front fenders pretty well IMHO.

200659688-M.jpg

Gnarly front shot.

Best I could do with a cellphone. I guess I need a cam for Christmas this year.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Cool. You should take a shot of your custom snap installation tool, too.

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
It's a small C-clamp, with the little hammer tools that came with the kit! (and a little grinder time on the hammer tool so it fit in the swivel foot of the C-clamp.)

Couldn't be simpler. The hallmark of a decent tool.

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
Looking better than new Bill! :thumb:

Hope to see it on the trails soon.

RockRunner

Hard Core 4+
Nice job Bill, I hope mine can look half as nice as yours does now.

I will have to call Truck Candy to get some info on the back stuff.

Good idea with the C clamp tool, i may have to steal it. Of course we may take the top of for the winter since I can't park it in the garage.

wesintl

RS Moderator
WoW... so it's done?

bill,
these guys did an awsome job!!!!!!!

how would you like a rare and unavailable 4runner lic plate lamp for your tire carrier?

i have 6 on hold at a local toy dealership ;)
let me know, it would trim out the chili 2 perfectly :thumb:

Beater

Hard Core 4+
since when do you have a pop up? was that what it took to get carrie to go hunting this year?

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Thanks, gentlemen! (you too, UB).

I have a license plate lamp already, didn't wanna get tagged for something silly like that. Justin doesn't though! (Calling all Littleton cops...)

I'll try to get some good hunting shots, but I'm pretty sure the red will be toned down by Wyoming buckskin colored dirt. And mud - it's supposed to rain while we are there.
We've had that popup for maybe 15 years. I've even repacked the wheel bearings. Once. :eek: (we don't actually use it much though.) And yeah, it did help. So did inviting one of the guys' wives to go this year. Hint, they went to college with one of the Weatherbys. Yeah, THOSE Weatherbys. He got a lot of nice hand-me-downs.

Tom, I can certainly install snaps when you and I have a moment that happens to intersect. Just pick up one of those snap kits at Ace (General brand).