Raffle Vehicle - parts/donation status 032307

RockRunner

Hard Core 4+
The box will be in tomorrow. The carpet looked fine on its own but next to the brown of my truck and a FJ it looked like baby crap so black it is.

The truck is looking great, can't wait to see it in person again with all the parts attached.

can we buy tickets for it???

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
not exactly, but i'm going to fudge that.

tickets won't be available to the clubs until after the state meeting in a couple of weeks, but there are 5000 tickets that go with the vehicle to all events, so we can sell those to people who see the rig and want to buy tickets....kinda like a back door rule. since many have been around the rig, they easily could ask to buy tickets, so i may have a visiting rig sale of tickets at the meeting wednesday. :D

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
What is the plan tomorrow? Could not make it today, have all afternoon set aside to help tomorrow.

T

not exactly, but i'm going to fudge that.

tickets won't be available to the clubs until after the state meeting in a couple of weeks, but there are 5000 tickets that go with the vehicle to all events, so we can sell those to people who see the rig and want to buy tickets....kinda like a back door rule. since many have been around the rig, they easily could ask to buy tickets, so i may have a visiting rig sale of tickets at the meeting wednesday. :D

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
tom's doing the deck and the powertank and that's it.

Beater

Hard Core 4+
thanks for everyone's help this weekend.

Crash

Rising Sun Member
<snip>

ac parts are in, but we decided to leave the grill off until it gets charged up incase the o rings are bad. the air dryer had crap in it, so may need a new one.

<snip>

A new a/c receiver/dryer needs to be considered an absolute necessity before recharging the system. Without a new one, the system will not produce cold air. I don't think they are all that expensive.

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
I will hit up Jerry at BT tomorrow...shouldn't be a problem.
The guy who was doing the Stainless batt trays isn't anymore mainly because of steel prices vrs the price he can sell the tray for. I will still snoop out the trays....

I will be gone until late Monday so have fun y'all!
:thumb: :hill:
<snip>

ac parts are in, but we decided to leave the grill off until it gets charged up incase the o rings are bad. the air dryer had crap in it, so may need a new one.

<snip>

A new a/c receiver/dryer needs to be considered an absolute necessity before recharging the system. Without a new one, the system will not produce cold air. I don't think they are all that expensive.

RockRunner

Hard Core 4+
The box cover is installed and looks good. I was going to mount the PowerTank too the box but after talking to Cristo we came up with a better way to mount it. I want to mount it in the right rear corner but to do so I will need to adjust the wing of the box. To do this right I would like to have the FJ at my house so I can make sure it fits nice and tight. Also I want to cut a little part of the rear of the wing so we can open the wings on the box without lowering the rear seat.

One more item I thought of doing to the box is adding some end pieces, that will finish it of and look nice and clean. I talked to Ige about this and once the FJ is done from the muffler shop I will pick it up and bring it to my house to finalize the box. Once complete I will take the FJ back to Ige or where ever it needs to be.

Crash

Rising Sun Member
Kevin et al,
I was just at Stevinson West getting some small parts, like inner axle tube seals - guess what needs doing before too long - and spoke with Derrick about donating OEM parts towards the raffle truck effort. He was receptive so I asked him for a transmission kickdown cable and an a/c dryer receiver. He said it "Let's take a look, okay, can you think of anything else?" I told him that I knew we would be needing all sorts of little finishing bits and he asked that we maintain a list of items needed and he would be glad to see what he could do to honor our requests. I don't mind being the middle man on this, so if you want to suggest some OEM Toyota parts please let me know and I will keep a list to give to Derrick.

Last edited:

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Kevin et al,
I was just at Stevinson West getting some small parts, like inner axle tube seals - guess what needs doing before too long - and spoke with Derrick about donating OEM parts towards the raffle truck effort. He was receptive so I asked him for a transmission kickdown cable and an a/c dryer receiver. He said it "Let's take a look, okay, can you think of anything else?" I told him that I knew we would be needing all sorts of little finishing bits and he asked that we maintain a list of items needed and he would be glad to see what he could do to honor our requests. I don't mind being the middle man on this, so if you want to suggest some OEM Toyota parts please let me know and I will keep a list to give to Derrick.

I have a new AC belt....forgot to leave it in the truck. :rolleyes:

Crash

Rising Sun Member
Just heard back from Dave at Susquehanna Motor Sports - rallylights.com - and he has pledged to donate an FJ62 headlight wiring harness that no one else offers to the best of my knowledge. The stock FJ62 headlight wiring configuration sucks badly and drops the voltage 1.5V or more from what the alternator is putting out. This will be a great upgrade to the truck's lighting.
:beer:

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
Just heard back from Dave at Susquehanna Motor Sports - rallylights.com - and he has pledged to donate an FJ62 headlight wiring harness that no one else offers to the best of my knowledge. The stock FJ62 headlight wiring configuration sucks badly and drops the voltage 1.5V or more from what the alternator is putting out. This will be a great upgrade to the truck's lighting.
:beer:

sweet thanks steve. make sure they send a sticker or something to put on the vendor board

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
Called Randy's again yesterday. Have not herd anything back yet on the gears/install kits. Will send out a e-mail today.

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
Called Randy's again yesterday. Have not herd anything back yet on the gears/install kits. Will send out a e-mail today.
cool...thanks perry