Raffle Vehicle - parts/donation status 032307

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
perry, if you could, that would be great. thanks

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Exhaust Pro's

What is the details on EP? Who, what, where, etc. Do they know what we need done? Do we need an appointment? etc......

Crash

Rising Sun Member
What is the details on EP? Who, what, where, etc. Do they know what we need done? Do we need an appointment? etc......

I've offered to go along when we deliver the truck to let them take a look at how the exhaust design and routing works best for the 62. Maybe they already know everything. Whatever gets done, don't let them follow the same routing as stock beneath the frame! A two into one cat works really well with 2.5" from there back to the exhaust pipe helps the mighty 3FE sing.

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
it's the one on highway 2, just north of 72nd (by my house). danny knows we're bringing it, but that's all. he just said to give him a call when we were going to bring it over. when will you be ready to take it there.

not sure how to ask this, but how was the funeral? :(

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
thanks Ige! Steve, when would you be available to meet me there?

Funeral was....well a funeral. :( It was my moms uncle. They are my God Parents....very cool folks! He was also a very decorated WWII hero so the honor guard tribute was one of the most spectacular I have ever seen, including a flyover! Very fitting for him! Thanks for asking.

Y

Yoda Man

Toyota Truck Parts

I emailed Nancy with the info and called again. The guy that was there said they had complete 88 and 89 Land Cruisers on the lot. I can try and go down there tomorrow.

My friend Jim Wales owns a yard in Denver and he wants to donate parts or money. He specializes in Toyota Truck and 4-Runner parts. He's trying to get his name back out there (he lost a big yard in divorce). So please contact us. We'll be meeting Marlin Crawler delivering parts and hanging out.
Thanks
Jim Wales (Yoda Man)
Jim's Used Toyota Truck Parts
2655 E. 52nd Ave Lot 6A
Denver Co 80216
303-506-5119

Crash

Rising Sun Member
Not today - Dr. appointment after work. Tomorrow after 3:00 pm could work. Are they open on Saturday? If none of that sounds good, Suzie could possibly be persuaded to drive out there during the day tomorrow.

thanks Ige! Steve, when would you be available to meet me there?

Funeral was....well a funeral. :( It was my moms uncle. They are my God Parents....very cool folks! He was also a very decorated WWII hero so the honor guard tribute was one of the most spectacular I have ever seen, including a flyover! Very fitting for him! Thanks for asking.

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Not today - Dr. appointment after work. Tomorrow after 3:00 pm could work. Are they open on Saturday? If none of that sounds good, Suzie could possibly be persuaded to drive out there during the day tomorrow.

That will work better for me too! Thanks Steve!

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
My friend Jim Wales owns a yard in Denver and he wants to donate parts or money. He specializes in Toyota Truck and 4-Runner parts. He's trying to get his name back out there (he lost a big yard in divorce). So please contact us. We'll be meeting Marlin Crawler delivering parts and hanging out.
Thanks
Jim Wales (Yoda Man)
Jim's Used Toyota Truck Parts
2655 E. 52nd Ave Lot 6A
Denver Co 80216
303-506-5119

Email sent! :thumb:

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant

RockRunner

Hard Core 4+
John,

The box is done. I should be able to drop it off somewhere either Saturday or Sunday. I am not sure where the cruiser is at right now but if you let me know the address I will try to take it there this weekend.

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
John,

The box is done. I should be able to drop it off somewhere either Saturday or Sunday. I am not sure where the cruiser is at right now but if you let me know the address I will try to take it there this weekend.

The truck is still at my house but the plan is too take it to Exhaust Pros today and Christo's this weekend.

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
Left a message with Mac at Randy's Ring and Pinion. Will send him an e-mail later today.

RockRunner

Hard Core 4+
Thanks Kevin, I will deliver it there. A lot closer than some of the other options

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Sooooo...how did the work weekend go on the RT? I was temped to sneak away and stop in but it didn't happen.

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
went awesome. the one brake leak was a loose fitting. couldn't find a flare wrench, but i tightened it with a regular box end...should be good enough...didn't want to crank on it much without a flare wrench though.

got the one shackle snugged up, got the new seat foam in (i've got your box o' hog ring stuff, i'll bring it to the meeting), ac parts are in, but we decided to leave the grill off until it gets charged up incase the o rings are bad. the air dryer had crap in it, so may need a new one.

bumper/tire carrier is on and looks great, so are the sliders (i got to be the first one to stand on them :D ). my little trailer is almost empty, so we're close to getting all the parts in. got a bunch of the little things installed also, like glove box, passenger seat, air pump muffler thingamajiggy, new headlights.

tom found another vehicle with the same brown carpet he used on the deck and said it looked like crap, so he changed to black carpeting. he's installing deck/powertank tomorrow at christos. tomorrow night, ken (treeroot sr.) will be picking up the vehicle and he will take it to exhaust pros tomorrow morning. from there, it sounds like john would like to get it to goodyear to do the ac, then, hopefully, we'll know from 4wpw on tires/rims.

either way, it's looking like a real truck

Attachments

• DSC01082.JPG
    DSC01082.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 90
  • DSC01083.JPG
    DSC01083.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 89
  • DSC01085.JPG
    DSC01085.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 91
  • DSC01099.JPG
    DSC01099.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 91
  • DSC01102.JPG
    DSC01102.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 85

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
and check out the BLING job that uncle ben did on the powertrain!!! freakin' SWEET!!!! the only crap on their is the stuff that only media blasting will take off...other than that, this puppy is fresh off the assembly line clean!!!

also learned then when a regular prybar isn't enough, get a bigger one :eek:

Attachments

• DSC01072.JPG
    DSC01072.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 92
  • DSC01076.JPG
    DSC01076.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 92
  • DSC01097.JPG
    DSC01097.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 87

Shark Bait