Ptarmigan mods - 1995 FZJ80

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
we need to have an 80's mod party some weekend...this mod, the water temp gauge, D lights, CDL switch, speakers, etc etc etc...

Do me, please.
That just sounds so wrong!
Want to do the water temp gauge fix too.

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
we need to have an 80's mod party some weekend...this mod, the water temp gauge, D lights, CDL switch, speakers, etc etc etc...

I have the resisters you need for the temp gauge and the diodes for the auto power up mode stock up on the rest of the stuff and I'll help out!

Crash

Rising Sun Member
Kevin, for your convenience, having an 80 get together like this at your place seems to make sense. If that sounds too easy, I'd be happy to have everybody over to my place and I suppose it would be more readily accessible here for those from the south side. I've had about a dozen 60 series here at the house at one time before, for the 3FE Bash we had in 2005, so innundating the 'hood with a bunch of 80s shouldn't scare the neighbors too badly. And if it does, so what??

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
sign me up no matter where it is! would be good to see Crash again...we miss the 60 in the parking lot!

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Sounds good either way. The dust does still need to settle a tad from the holidays but I'm game! How many will show up? BTW Treeroot...sorry for trampling on your thread but you did start this! :rolleyes:

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
New thread? 80 Mod Party?

Sounds good either way. The dust does still need to settle a tad from the holidays but I'm game! How many will show up? BTW Treeroot...sorry for trampling on your thread but you did start this! :rolleyes:

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
No worries on this thread. I started it to document the 80 series mods and possibly spark interest in a few mods that others hadn't got around to yet. Anyone interested in custom Katskin leather for their 80s? I am placing an order with Shane for some two tone grey and dark grey fronts and rears.

Attachments

• sequoia-01.jpg
    sequoia-01.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 553

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
In order to get Katskin leather you must first do the auto window up mod! PG video....

I forgot about those videos...They are damn funny :hill: - The other good one is the bird that flies down and the hood boots it to never never land...

gr8fulabe

Rising Sun Member
No worries on this thread. I started it to document the 80 series mods and possibly spark interest in a few mods that others hadn't got around to yet. Anyone interested in custom Katskin leather for their 80s? I am placing an order with Shane for some two tone grey and dark grey fronts and rears.

Hi 'Root,

Can you tell me what the new seat leather costs? Also, is it possible for him to get just the seat bottoms, in the OEM Grey color, or does he only do customs colors?

Thanks,
Abe

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Hi 'Root,

Can you tell me what the new seat leather costs? Also, is it possible for him to get just the seat bottoms, in the OEM Grey color, or does he only do customs colors?

Thanks,
Abe

You would not be able to do just seat bottoms. Between the sun that has shined on your seats for the last 10 years and color lots being differant it would be a miricle to get an exact match The new Katskin leather is an upgrade from the factory leather! It is thicker and softer! Atlass' kits are direct replacement! Check here for more details and price.

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
He can do anything you need. The difference is that his leather is much better than stock and may not match exactly.

gr8fulabe

Rising Sun Member
Thanks guys! The next question would be, where did you get the arm rests on your seats (in the pic)? I used to have an old BMW that had those & I loved them. I would dig getting those put into the 80 as well.

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Thanks guys! The next question would be, where did you get the arm rests on your seats (in the pic)? I used to have an old BMW that had those & I loved them. I would dig getting those put into the 80 as well.

That picture is not an 80!

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
pimp

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 599

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
Washed the 80 for the first time today and stripped off 13 years of wax.

Attachments

• fj80.jpg
    fj80.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 1,442

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Your hubcaps are faded :p:

Looking good Mike!