• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Ptarmigan mods - 1995 FZJ80

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
A mod nakman doesn't have :eek: what is the world coming too ;)

That reminds me......way back (2 years ago?)when I decided to do this mod and ordered the resistors Nak said he was going to make up temp gauge stickers indicating the temp numbers....what up wit dat Nakgadget?

Attachments

• Nakgadget.jpg
    Nakgadget.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 846

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
Hey in exchange I'll sign up to supervise a recliner hinge mod fest, if anyone else is interested in that.

That mod would have come in REAL handy coming home from DIA last night...The kids were bushed and it is tough to sleep while sitting near vertical :(

As for the temp gauge mod, unfortunately I went to the same electrical college you went to as well :hill:. I planned to have my buddy do it for me (along with the auto up window mod) who does that stuff for a living but then I got the Scangauge II and sort of put it all on the back burner.

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
That mod would have come in REAL handy coming home from DIA last night...The kids were bushed and it is tough to sleep while sitting near vertical :(

The Nak reclining seat mod is a two part ordeal. One very easy part of removing the stop so they will recline and "2" the swapping of the detant plates for multi adjustibility. The stop removal can be done in a few minutes!

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
The Nak reclining seat mod is a two part ordeal. One very easy part of removing the stop so they will recline and "2" the swapping of the detant plates for multi adjustibility. The stop removal can be done in a few minutes!

Yup, if you take out the little stopper you get a little more tilt.. the long method involves trading the 2nd row gears with the gears from the 3rd row. But if you already have the hinge off, got the grinder out, etc., well then why take the bus half way home? :D

And that reminds me, I also have been wanting to do the auto-up window mod.. ok let's see if we can get all this done before Rubithon.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
That reminds me......way back (2 years ago?)when I decided to do this mod and ordered the resistors Nak said he was going to make up temp gauge stickers indicating the temp numbers....what up wit dat Nakgadget?

Oh yeah, stickers... geez that was 2 years ago? :eek:

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
Yup, if you take out the little stopper you get a little more tilt.. the long method involves trading the 2nd row gears with the gears from the 3rd row. But if you already have the hinge off, got the grinder out, etc., well then why take the bus half way home? :D

I'll have to look at the mod again (Edit: just got done rereading it). Looks like the best for me would be to swap the gears, remove the pin from the second row, but leave the pin in on the 3rd row (don't want the seats resting against the glass). Although really for my purposes I only need a slight recline for the 2nd row for the kiddies :)

Last edited:

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Correct Jeff, if you leave the pin out of the 3rd row you'll still have the extreme "all the way up" position, then your next position is against the glass. Unless you had the hatch open then it'll go down until it rests on the tail gate. Or, put the pin back in as you say, after you've swapped the gears and it will be like you were never in there.

But now that you got me thinking about it, I wonder if you could just leave the gear out of the 3rd row, then your only position would be the "back" one against the pin. That would actually be an upgrade in itself... might be worth a try? Unless you want your kids to sit up straight.

subzali

Hard Core 4+
80 speak...

subzali

Hard Core 4+
:lmao: I was not expecting that :lmao:

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
i'm kinda with subzali...i got no clue what y'all are talking about.

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
Talked with Shane. dark/light or light/dark?

Attachments

• sequoia-01.jpg
    sequoia-01.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 688
  • 9-3-01.jpg
    9-3-01.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 692

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
the left one.

Convert

Hard Core 4+
Root
You are going to need some of these for the 80

Attachments

• !cid_000301c829fa$97de7300$21D4D6DE@beeksters.jpg
    !cid_000301c829fa$97de7300$21D4D6DE@beeksters.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 685

farnhamstj

Hard Core 4+
Where are you getting your seats done and rough $$$ ? Also left looks the most pimp.

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member