• UPDATED LOCATION DUE TO FORECAST OF RAIN: MAY 2024 CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: The next RS meeting will be Wednesday, May 1, 2024 at 7:30 p.m. The meeting will be held indoors at the fabulous Golden Gate Canyon Grange. Click here for directions. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.

⦿ If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Ouray, 2009

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
It's on Camp Bird (Yankee Boy basin rd 361 on the map) on the right just after you cross the bridge/creek. You'll see a kiosk and sign. (If you reach the Thistledown campground, you've gone too far.)
:)

ok, mapquest shows that as angel creek rd, they show camp bird road southwest of thistledown

Attachments

• campbird.JPG
    campbird.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 211
Ouray Potluck

Hey gang,

I realize this is short notice, but I managed to get the picnic area at the 4J+1+1 campground reserved for a potluck on Sunday evening. I hope everyone that is coming will join us. This potluck usually is great and we will be where the kids can play and adults can gather.

Joining us for this event finale, you will need to bring any meat or main dish you want to have for you and your family plus a dish from one of the following categories to share.

Appetizers
Salads
Vegetables
Dessert.

Please let me know what category your choice is so we make sure we have all areas covered. As usual, I will be making dutch oven desserts.

Hope you all will join us for a real good time.

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
MARTIN!! Hey, whats up?

I haven't heard from the ranger district yet. I will call and leave a message again. I assume that no response means we have a temporary permit as we are citizens trying to do the right thing.

Course, that (as well as the USFS website page you referred to Martin) means absolutely squat in them thar hills. For the HAM radio field day, the USFS site declared the CG we were at a 1/2 price CG, due to them putting in new water spigot (no water was available at the time). Happy F-n Trails management services who orchestrates the old farts reservations in their Minnies told me that the USFS has no jurisdiction over what they as operators can charge at any time. Full price. Oh, and keep the generator off after dark. Couldn't hear the damn thing it was 300 feet away from the nearest site (ours).

I agree with Farnham. We aren't organized at all.

OH, and we're bringing the famous guacamole to the potluck.

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
I haven't heard from the ranger district yet. I will call and leave a message again. I assume that no response means we have a temporary permit as we are citizens trying to do the right thing.

Course, that (as well as the USFS website page you referred to Martin) means absolutely squat in them thar hills. For the HAM radio field day, the USFS site declared the CG we were at a 1/2 price CG, due to them putting in new water spigot (no water was available at the time). Happy F-n Trails management services who orchestrates the old farts reservations in their Minnies told me that the USFS has no jurisdiction over what they as operators can charge at any time. Full price. Oh, and keep the generator off after dark. Couldn't hear the damn thing it was 300 feet away from the nearest site (ours).

I agree with Farnham. We aren't organized at all.

OH, and we're bringing the famous guacamole to the potluck.

Yeah, I wouldn't worry about it as Bruce's count had us well below the 75 person limit. :thumb:

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Yeah, I wouldn't worry about it as Bruce's count had us well below the 75 person limit. :thumb:

Nonetheless, I have made several copies of the website page you referenced.

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
Hope to start the 285 route between 8 and 9 am Friday.

Hoping to do the same :thumb: - Plan to stop in Gunnison for lunch/gas

I'll keep an ear/eye out for you. You pulling the camper?

Old40Dog

Rising Sun Member
I know its pretty last minute, but I just got my 40 back together last weekend and my wife and I we are planning to head out for Ouray Friday morning. Look for every one along the way.

I plan to come to Ouray with my wife & kido. We live in Durango so we will be in town just off Main staying with friends. I will be in a 3FE Charcoal 80 with stickers. Can't wait to see everyone. Would like to get on the Blackbear Run? Any one know where the meeting spot is and what time? Better late than never to post.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
08:00 at the parking lot to the water park. welcome!

60wag

Rising Sun Member
Rather than struggle with the formatting any more, I attached the whole file.

Attachments

• ouray.xls
    16.5 KB · Views: 172

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Hoping to do the same :thumb: - Plan to stop in Gunnison for lunch/gas

I'll keep an ear/eye out for you. You pulling the camper?
Yep. Lap of luxury for the missus. Doesn't help the mileage any, but then, it is darn comfy. Plus it's a dry run for hunting!

rover67

Rising Sun Member
Rather than struggle with the formatting any more, I attached the whole file.

Thanks for doing this Bruce, I always wonder who's who on the runs lately with all the HAMS, and trying to scribble call signs while wheeling is not easy..

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
perry, do you need a ride from proffitts? i may go through delta to take them that other axle housing

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Potluck?

Isn't anyone else gonna bring anything? Or will it be a surprise like Treeroot's famous pasta creation? Kiowa Kate is giving me the third degree for info.

Jacket

RS Moderator
Staff member
potluck

Our tomato garden is overflowing, so Becky and I talked about making a Caprese Salad with fresh Colorado tomatoes for the gathering.

And we can certainly bring another side as well if needed to fill any gaps.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Yeah we're good for at least 1 something as well... probably baked salmon. Plus beverages... :drink: :boozer:

rover67

Rising Sun Member
we'll bring a few bags of chips and some dip to share as an appetizer.

wesintl

RS Moderator
I'll figure something out.. maybe speedies or a salad. I have to check with the wife on these things.