• UPDATED LOCATION DUE TO FORECAST OF RAIN: MAY 2024 CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: The next RS meeting will be Wednesday, May 1, 2024 at 7:30 p.m. The meeting will be held indoors at the fabulous Golden Gate Canyon Grange. Click here for directions. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.

⦿ If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Ouray, 2009

Bruce Miller

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
The 2009 Ouray trip is scheduled for Saturday, September 5th, and Sunday, September 6th. On day one, we leave Ouray and drive over Black Bear Pass to Telluride where we usually have lunch in the park. Then we drive over Imogene Pass and down into Ouray. On day two, we usually drive over Engineer Pass to Lake City where we have lunch in the park then we return to Ouray over Cinnamon Pass.

Last year, we stayed in the 4J++ Campground in Ouray and some folks stayed at the Ampitheater Campground. We usually make it to the Ouray Hot Springs pool on Friday and Saturday afternoons.

Hope to see you there. Please post up if you plan to attend, and direct questions to Bruce Miller.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
In for sure. Last year was a great trip, awesome combination of wheeling & vacation activities.... see the Live from Ouray thread for a recap!

9/11/09 edit: here's the map of the campground, for future reference.. ;)

Attachments

• 4j+1+1_campground_map.pdf
    36.3 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
This might be the only run I can make this summer, as the current plan will have me living in the area for the next 4 months. ;)

Tch2fly

Rising Sun Member
I plan to make it this year.:D:D:D:D:D

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
Looks like we may actually make this run this year :thumb:

rover67

Rising Sun Member
Allison and I would love to join!

ttubb

Count us in...

We will be there, maybe with the 40 this year. Terry and Jo

baileyfj40

Rising Sun Member
Katie and I are in! Katie been looking forword to thing since last year.

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
Awesome! What kind of cake does Paxton like? :party:

More importantly, what kind of bike does Paxton ride?

My first answer would have been anything with a LOT of icing :D, just like me. But I was informed that she loves a good cheesecake, plain. After that, white or chocolate cake with lots of icing.

As for the bike...Little pedal bike still...She is still working on moving up to the bigger bike donated by the Romers last year :thumb:.

Mendocino

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
I don't think so. After you attend a RS event you are qualified for membership. You have already done CM so why not join?

Did you guys set a date yet?:)

Trapper50cal

Trail Ready
Yup

May 14th and 15th (wedding on 15th) at the Silver Pick Lodge up by Durango Mountain Resort. Rented the Lodge w/13 rooms for 2 nights and got the Pastor online. All set!

I thought I had to attend an RS meeting to join as full member...not just an event.

BTW, thanks for asking! We both got such a huge kick out of how excited you and your wife were for us. You guys are really good folks
(mini-hijack over)

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
If you live outside a 50 mile radius of the normal RS meeting place, and attend 2 events, the two events count as one event and one meeting. You then may be voted in as a member by the RS members present at the event you attend.

So, if you attended CM 2009, and you attend Ouray 2009, we can vote you in as a full fledged member (disclaimer:I already know he owns a Toyota, which is the other pre-requisite for full membership).

Did this with two members at last years Ghost Town Run.

Hope that helps! And congrats:thumb:!
Nathaniel.

Yup

May 14th and 15th (wedding on 15th) at the Silver Pick Lodge up by Durango Mountain Resort. Rented the Lodge w/13 rooms for 2 nights and got the Pastor online. All set!

I thought I had to attend an RS meeting to join as full member...not just an event.

BTW, thanks for asking! We both got such a huge kick out of how excited you and your wife were for us. You guys are really good folks
(mini-hijack over)

Mendocino

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
Thanks Nathaniel, I knew someone more informed would surface.:D