Official 2006 Triple Bypass Thread

I'm in. Should get up there Friday night with my 2 young kids. I promised a bumpy ride so they want to come. I have room for another person from Denver if anyone needs a ride up. Anything I can bring for the group?

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
Groucho said:
Just got a call from Bruce--

He wanted me to remind folks that this is a fast paced trip. 54 miles of wheeling, which does not include the mileage in-between trails, getting to the trailhead from camp or going back to camp from the trailend.

A stock vehicle with a capable driver will do just fine on this trip. Even a stock vehicle with a driver willing to learn how to be a "capable driver" will do fine.

He also said there is a suprise for everyone who makes it from start to finish without boning out midway. A 7th annual triple bypass..........what, I wonder?

Just wondering, is fuel a concern? I'll be coming over Cottonwood pass with a full tank of fuel. I get the standard 13 mpg in the pig. Is there anywhere to refuel during the day? Should I bring an extra 5 gallons?

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Shark Bait said:
Just wondering, is fuel a concern? I'll be coming over Cottonwood pass with a full tank of fuel. I get the standard 13 mpg in the pig. Is there anywhere to refuel during the day? Should I bring an extra 5 gallons?

Chris,
I'm not certain of Millers exact plans for this years trip but you should be able to refuel in Crested Butte, which is the begining of the south trail head of Pearl Pass.

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
Thanks Kevin!

Convert

Hard Core 4+
Beachboy said:
It looks like about 25 people so far signed up, I would like to have a complete update (or as close as possible) by tomorrow(Thursday) night. For you new people signing up to go, I will be bringing lobster, shrimp and conch chowder for dinner Saturday night. I hope some people will bring sides and drinks. Isn't the camground on the left, the road that starts up Taylor pass, or is it elsewhere? There are several up that way from the lake.

I am willing to bring somthing what do you usally havewith chowder?

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Do you have gas?

Shark Bait said:

Thanks, Kevin!
Fuel will not be a concern. They just wanted to express the fact that the trip is quite a bit of mileage, most of it going 5-8 MPH. It makes for a challenging day to get it all done in a timely manner.

wesintl

RS Moderator
Hopefully Barbara can handle it without handbrake being there ;)

I'll bring paper/stryo bowls and plastic spoons.

oyster crackers? bread? anyone?

Convert

Hard Core 4+
I will bring some bread

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Sounds like I'm going to be rogue on this one, still not sure about CJ7 Matt though. I'm vegetarian so don't plan on me for the oyster etc. dinner.

I'm going to do the Sunday trip with Ben and Wes if they're okay with it, and was thinking once we get back to CB after the loop I might turn around, go over Kebler Pass, over to Paonia Reservoir, up over McClure Pass and check out Penney Hot Springs. Then on to Carbondale and Glenwood then the drive home on the interstate. I think it's going to be a long day/night, but since I'm all the way down there...anybody who goes on the Sunday trip is welcome to come along with me on that too to get back to Denver.

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Still on the fence about going. If I come, I will be by myself.

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Reminder

Volunteers needed to bring some firewood. I think they asked for 3-4 volunteers to bring one bundle each for the community fire. Sounds like things are getting close.

Three Wheel Ben

Trail Ready
Groucho said:
Volunteers needed to bring some firewood. I think they asked for 3-4 volunteers to bring one bundle each for the community fire. Sounds like things are getting close.

I'm in for 2 bundles

subzali

Hard Core 4+
I can bring some.

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
I think I am going to pass on this trip. Didn't want you looking for me.

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
Unfortunately an issue just came up at work that's going to keep me in town all weekend. I'm bummed because I was really looking forward to it. :mad:

Have fun, y'all. :p:

Convert

Hard Core 4+
That's to bad Chris we will miss youon the trail

Have fun for me

It looks like I'm going to have to wait another year to do the TBP- I'm BUMMED. As things seem to happen, my brake master cyl took a dump yesterday-long story longer---I now have a leaking diaphram in the booster and one cruddy running 40 because of it :mad: For whatever reason, it doesn't look like I'm supposed to make it this year. Thank you all for your warm welcome to join the run-I will make it there someday! Please take lots of pics so I can see what I missed- I'll post them in the garage for motivation while I make repairs to the 40. I guess I'll have to leave the ice cream duties to someone else this time. :(

Dave

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Badmoon said:
It looks like I'm going to have to wait another year to do the TBP- I'm BUMMED. As things seem to happen, my brake master cyl took a dump yesterday-long story longer---I now have a leaking diaphram in the booster and one cruddy running 40 because of it :mad: For whatever reason, it doesn't look like I'm supposed to make it this year. Thank you all for your warm welcome to join the run-I will make it there someday! Please take lots of pics so I can see what I missed- I'll post them in the garage for motivation while I make repairs to the 40. I guess I'll have to leave the ice cream duties to someone else this time. :(

Dave

Take the 80 Dave!